• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

So this new section does look like the outer supports are angled inwards, but that could well be what they intended to do? Ka's second from top section does this too.

2n0j1ck.jpg

"oriolat2" on Coasterforce has shared some details about potential pricing for Ferrari Land from a recent survey sent out:

Oriolat2 on CF said:
- 1-day ticket FerrariLand: 35-40 €
- 1-day ticket PortAventura: 45 €
- 1-day park-hopper PA/FL: 60 €
- 2-day park-hopper PA/FL (consecutive days): 65 €

On-site hotels won't have unlimited entry to FerrariLand, but guests staying in them will have the option to get in for 35 €.

So for the low, low price of €35 you can ride a lame, slightly out of shape, launch coaster and a couple of shot towers. Yeah!

"oriolat2" on Coasterforce has shared some details about potential pricing for Ferrari Land from a recent survey sent out:

So for the low, low price of €35 you can ride a lame, slightly out of shape, launch coaster and a couple of shot towers. Yeah!

€35.00 (£27.00) for a Theme Park is not a bad price at all. For Europe's tallest / fastest coasters, drop towers, the race circuit, simulators, entertainment and the other expected attractions you can't really complain. The Park being Ferrari branded would be enough to increase the price on its own.

€35.00 (£27.00) for a Theme Park is not a bad price at all. For Europe's tallest / fastest coasters, drop towers, the race circuit, simulators, entertainment and the other expected attractions you can't really complain. The Park being Ferrari branded would be enough to increase the price on its own.

Of course you can complain. I know none of like to sing Merlin's praises but any idiot can get themselves a BOGOF voucher very easily and get into Alton Towers for that price.

I know which I see as better value.

^ this is sort of like the steep single ride prices at BPB though. Single day here is steep to make people leans towards a park hopper ticket.

€65 for 2 days in both parks is really good value IMO.

Of course you can complain. I know none of like to sing Merlin's praises but any idiot can get themselves a BOGOF voucher very easily and get into Alton Towers for that price.

I know which I see as better value.

PortAventura have 2 for 1 offers on bottles of Coke.

I am not sure that as a hotel guest, bearing in mind that the hotels already charge a premium price, I would be happy to pay extra for Ferrari Land as well as the Waterpark, Beach Club etc as well.

There could be a possibility though that tour operators from the UK (through which PortAventura was very popular during the first few years of the Beach Club and Gold River) may consider including Ferrari Land tickets or something with hotel packages.

My viewpoint. Port Adventure are basically building a themed land. I hate this whole thing about it being a theme park as a theme park should be much larger.

I think this project is a complete waste of money. Who wants to ride a weird tall coaster when you can ride Shamahla? Who wants to ride a launched drop tower when you can ride Hurakan Condor? And what are the other rides. This to me seems worse than opening day at Walt Disney Studios. To make me angrier, they have a cheek for making you pay twice as much to go into another themed land.

I am seriously not tempted to go to this resort. I would much rather go to Europa Park who actually care about their guests.

But as people have said already, it's not really PortAventura who built this themselves, they built it in partnership with Ferrari, hence why many of the rides are similar and it's charged as a seperate park. Ferrari merely picked PortAventura as the site for their European property and, as such, chose for PA to be its operator.

Well PA still chose to agree to Ferrari's deals and will also get some of the profits (even losses). I just think it is silly to market a small land as a theme park!

Today on a few of the Spanish fansites the name 'ElGigante Rojo' has been used in conjunction with the vertical accelerator. Gigante Rojo translates to 'Red Giant' in English. Could this be the name of the new coaster?

I actually think that name is quite good, considering it's big and red. And to be honest, a dodgy name is the least of this contraption's failures :p

As far as I am aware it is being built and financed by the same company that own the majourity stake in port aventura (Investindustrial) and licensed the brand from Ferrari rather than Ferrari building the park and just using the parks land.

Also the same survey asked questions on what gate price guests would pay to enter the park if they where merged together into one park, something they could consider after the first season or two if attendance isn't where it needs to be. I can't see that many people paying the standalone fee. I am sure many will pay for the hopper ticket (considering how many currently pay to add on fast pass tickets) or holiday makers will get the two park pass. But in the long run if not many guests using standalone tickets they might as well merge into one park and charge all guests as slightly higher entrance fee for the one park.

Last edited:
I think the name is ok, there are plenty of worse things it could have been, I was expecting them to just call it- vertical accelerator! While the breakrun is an odd design I do like the imposing look that these rides have. If this was in the normal park it would be a huge hit with the general public, and I am sure the park are banking on people seeing the huge coaster towering over the entrance area and it encouraging guests to purchase hopper tickets so they can ride it.