• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I've touched on this topic before but what is the best order to do the coasters to minimise queues as much as possible

I've touched on this topic before but what is the best order to do the coasters to minimise queues as much as possible

Don't follow the crowds. Get into the park as Early as possible. Do all the coasters first before lunch and then the rest of the park afterwards. I never have a particular order or will post one, otherwise if everyone read this thread and follows a particular order, then it won't be feasible, far better if the crowds disperse by following their own order.

Arrive for ERT - Wicker Man first. Then Oblivion, Rita, Thirteen, Galactica, Nemesis, Katanga Canyon. Should manage all of that by midday. Bite the bullet and queue for Smiler and Spinball in the afternoon. They usually start out with long queues but have relatively shorter waits later in the day.

Hi, unsure if this is the correct topic for this but I have an interview for ride operator in a few weeks, has anybody been through this process before that could offer me any tips? Also what’s the best option for accomadation for staff? I can’t find much info online, would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Just be yourself and answer the questions honestly. If you're not sure about something then it's best to be open rather than try to blag it. Also remember you're applying for a job so they'll want to ensure you understand that and you don't think it'll just be a jolly (some people do... I can assure you it's nothing like visiting).

I'd expect questions along the lines of:
  • how would you deal with difficult or rude guests
  • how would you deal with an emergency or unusual occurrence
  • how would you keep focused (e.g on quiet days or when doing monotonous tasks)
I was also asked a bit about what I knew of the park, its history and its owners. Also, being passionate is good but if you're obsessed with coasters or rides then don't be too enthusiastic :)

Taking a non pass holder friend with us for a weekend soon using share the fun vouchers, can we get both admission tickets for Saturday and Sunday in one go on Saturday morning or do we need to queue again on the Sunday? Thanks

So I asked the above to towers and merlin ap on Twitter and got 2 totally different replies. Left hand doesn’t know what the right one is doing!

Last edited:
MAP and Towers twitter really are useless and often seem to argue with each other, I’ve had them give me two different replies in the past.

I would just turn up and try buy them both on day one, if they argue then show them the tweet which says you can do it

Anyone here order their ''mark on the park" brick?

How long was it before you got your certificate?

My wife ordered me one for Christmas and so far all we have is the email confirming that they've received the order and a certificate will be issued once the brick is on site. Surely it doesn't take 2 months.

Anyone here order their ''mark on the park" brick?

How long was it before you got your certificate?

My wife ordered me one for Christmas and so far all we have is the email confirming that they've received the order and a certificate will be issued once the brick is on site. Surely it doesn't take 2 months.

My guess is they won't just manufacturer bricks per order, they will accumulate an orderwell of bricks then send the bulk order over to the manufacturer towards the end of the winter season. This would be cheaper than making bespoke bricks one by one as ordered and getting them delivered one by one. Makes sense to send a bulk order over and have a single bulk delivery. Economies of scale and all that for the park.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.