• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hello, can someone help me please? :sweat:. We visited the park a few times this year and had quite a long wait at the ticket counters just to get into the park, we've purchased the 2019 season pass online so we can go straight into the park, but can i buy the car park ticket from somewhere else other than the ticket windows? Do they have car park ticket machines somewhere else near the entrance? Thanks x
Yes there are ticket machines the other side of the turnstiles. Buy them in the morning to avoid queuing on the way out at the end of the day!

Yes there are ticket machines the other side of the turnstiles. Buy them in the morning to avoid queuing on the way out at the end of the day!

Thank you so much! I had a horrible feeling then i was going to have to queue at the ticket window regardless of my annual pass. Cheers for clearing that up x

Why is thirteen shut all the time at the moment. Just get rid of the ride If operating it is too hard
Don't know about today but up until today it's been down to the cold(er) temperatures ie. below 5C. If the ride manufacturer says it can't be run below this temperature then they won't run it.

Don't know about today but up until today it's been down to the cold(er) temperatures ie. below 5C. If the ride manufacturer says it can't be run below this temperature then they won't run it.
It's 7 degrees at towers atm and it's shut

This may sound like a stupid question but...

Are the enchanted village lodges just one family per lodge?

Just showing the kids a photo of them and they look like they have 2 doors!!??.

This may sound like a stupid question but...

Are the enchanted village lodges just one family per lodge?

Just showing the kids a photo of them and they look like they have 2 doors!!??.
There are two separate rooms in each lodge. They are completely separate, and essentially function like outdoor hotel rooms. So you don't have to share with anyone else!

Yeah i didn't think i'd have to share bathroom!

For some reason i was under the impression they were single lodges....hopefully the walls aren't paper thin....but like said no different from a hotel room i suppose

Urgent.
Anyone got a merlin annual pass prebooked ticket for today? Rang up yesterday and was told and didn’t need to prebook as was promised as if turned up early would get in. However, we were turned away at the turnstiles and currently waiting in a holding pen. Preferably need 3 but 1 would be fine. PM me is you do. Currently feeling very disappointed st merlin by the lack of communication along with many others.

Most merch can get reused for next season. Stuff that was discontinued was reduced on park and on resort at the end of the season.

I have suffered from nausea and sickness after a day at Alton towers before. What rides do you say I should miss the next time I go to avoid being ill again

I have suffered from nausea and sickness after a day at Alton towers before. What rides do you say I should miss the next time I go to avoid being ill again

Try the following remedies

Extra strong peppermints (This is what I use) or peppermint tea
Ginger
Flat Coca Cola (no fizz, let it go flat)
Sea Bands (wrist pressure bands)
Sea sickness tablets (be-warned, these work by making you drowsy)

I used to work the ships for weeks at a time

Last edited:
Ye I don't understand though why nemesis made my head feel proper weird whereas the smiler didn't?

Where did you sit on Nemesis? Unless you sit on the front row, you eye of vision is obscured by the seats in front. Unlike The Smiler where you can see over the heads of the people in front.

You get motion sickness when there are conflicts among your senses. Say you’re on a ride at the fair, and it’s spinning you around and upside down. Your eyes see one thing, your muscles feel another, and your inner ears sense something else.

Your brain can’t take in all those mixed signals. That’s why you end up feeling dizzy and sick.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/ear-infection/motion-sickness#1

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/ear-infection/motion-sickness#2

Where did you sit on Nemesis? Unless you sit on the front row, you eye of vision is obscured by the seats in front. Unlike The Smiler where you can see over the heads of the people in front.
Ye you're right I come of front row feeling better on nemesis defo but still makes me feel weird. Probs just the intensity

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.