• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Visited on the May Bank Holiday and currently here today. Night and day in terms of operations. Seems to be quite a few staff shortages today.

No entrance hosts. Monorail only on two trains all day. Down time for Wicker Man and Nemmy Reebz. Bliv closed. F&B items unavailable at multiple outlets.

Park seems to be buckling at the knees on its way to the end of summer. Hopefully improvements are around the corner for Oktoberfest.
Think the monorail has been having issues as it was closed all day yesterday.

Visited on the May Bank Holiday and currently here today. Night and day in terms of operations. Seems to be quite a few staff shortages today.

No entrance hosts. Monorail only on two trains all day. Down time for Wicker Man and Nemmy Reebz. Bliv closed. F&B items unavailable at multiple outlets.

Park seems to be buckling at the knees on its way to the end of summer. Hopefully improvements are around the corner for Oktoberfest.
Does feel like a lot of the parks problems (reliability aside) could be solved (or at least, the place be more pleasant and efficient) with more staff.

Seasonal job, bad hours, nightmare to get to and minimum wage… therein lies the problem

Shame that a company that made a hundred and seventy million quid in operating profits in the last year of accounts can't pay the staff a living wage...therein lies the problem in my eyes.
Lots of the issues at the Towers could be fixed...including operations...with a couple of extra quid an hour in wages to cover the isolated workplace location.

Busy day here today! Sub terra is definitely not a 5 min queue as currently in it! Nemmy rebo are smashing it in the ops. Galactica quite a slow queue and for some reason the trains were returning to original station - guessing maybe running on two trains?

Unsure what’s happening with Blivvy - will go over that way later and see what’s happening.

Might be a nice afternoon in the gardens for me!

Update: They managed to get Oblivion open and it has made a difference. It’s busy- don’t get me wrong- but not Scarefest or fireworks busy. Lots of over inflated queue times as well- queue advertised 60 mins for Blivvy, waited 30. Kudos to the staff batching and dispatching is spot on on most rides.

Attachments

• IMG_8936.png
    IMG_8936.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Busy day here today! Sub terra is definitely not a 5 min queue as currently in it! Nemmy rebo are smashing it in the ops. Galactica quite a slow queue and for some reason the trains were returning to original station - guessing maybe running on two trains?

Unsure what’s happening with Blivvy - will go over that way later and see what’s happening.

Might be a nice afternoon in the gardens for me!
Interesting to see Smilers queue so low

It’s the same every year, last week of summer holidays is always the worse for queue times, with the start of the holidays often very quiet as many go on holiday then.

Also as for staff shortages, I don’t think there are shortages, just cost cutting. I’ve noticed the Nemesis entrance host was removed a while ago, and Wicker hasn’t had one since it returned from its closure. They only seem to be advertising ents staff at the moment and not theme park staff.

It’s the same every year, last week of summer holidays is always the worse for queue times, with the start of the holidays often very quiet as many go on holiday then.

Also as for staff shortages, I don’t think there are shortages, just cost cutting. I’ve noticed the Nemesis entrance host was removed a while ago, and Wicker hasn’t had one since it returned from its closure. They only seem to be advertising ents staff at the moment and not theme park staff.
Why do any of the rides need entrance hosts anyway. There are signs that indicate where everyone should go for the different queue lines

Why do any of the rides need entrance hosts anyway. There are signs that indicate where everyone should go for the different queue lines
You forget that for many, common sense is left outside the gates at the baggage check. Even with signage, having that point of contact is more helpful to people.

Enforcing ride restrictions such as height checks. Having to pluck kids out of the train in the station to do height checks slows down operations.

Preventing pushchairs and other such nonsense from entering (yes I've seen people take pushchairs into the queues for the rollercoasters!)

Providing advice to guests or parents regarding any ride restrictions or concerns.

Providing feedback on queues to the operator, e.g if areas need to be opened or closed.

Closing the entrance if there are any temporary delays and notify guests of downtime

Could the parents not just measure them at the entrance
1) You're assuming that all parents will be truthful when it comes to measuring and height.
2) You're assuming that children / those on the shorter side aren't going to attempt to make themselves appear taller. Tiptoes, hats, step ladders, etc.
3) For insurance purposes, and safe operation of the ride, height checks must be performed by designated employees, with the appropriate training for that attraction.

Could the parents not just measure them at the entrance
If the parents measure the children, though, you can’t bank on there not being any “funny business” so to speak… it’s well known that people try and use height-enhancing methods to make their kids taller in theme parks, such as high heels and tissues stuffed in the shoes and such.

With a staff member there doing it, you at least will get a reliable, honest measurement, as the staff member can see through this stuff quite easily and will measure the child properly. The parents might also not measure accurately (e.g. with their hand sloping upwards), whereas the staff member will have the metal stick to make things a bit more accurate.

1) You're assuming that all parents will be truthful when it comes to measuring and height.
2) You're assuming that children / those on the shorter side aren't going to attempt to make themselves appear taller. Tiptoes, hats, step ladders, etc.
3) For insurance purposes, and safe operation of the ride, height checks must be performed by designated employees, with the appropriate training for that attraction.
1) If they’re willing to risk their childs safety then they shouldn’t be a parent
2) Children being stupid shocks nobody
3) Shows how incapable the general public must be

1) If they’re willing to risk their childs safety then they shouldn’t be a parent
2) Children being stupid shocks nobody
3) Shows how incapable the general public must be
It is the responsibility of any theme park to ensure that guests fit the requirements to ride. Parents can of course measure their child at the entrance, but this would need to be verified by a member of staff.

Pushing boundaries is hardly unusual behaviour!

Off course but it is silly because if you try and get your child on a ride when they’re below the height they could literally fall out
We know that, but it might not be so obvious to the lay person. I can understand why a parent might think that if their child is only 1cm under the height limit, then what difference is it really going to make. You need someone independent to check and enforce the rules.