• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Some people think the earth is flat and the royal family are lizards.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the great British public when left to their own devices.

We know that, but it might not be so obvious to the lay person. I can understand why a parent might think that if their child is only 1cm under the height limit, then what difference is it really going to make. You need someone independent to check and enforce the rules.
That’s an interesting point what height do you think it would be a high risk of someone falling out. On the Otsr 1.4m rides are people likely to fall out at 1.35m?

Just a polite reminder than this is a topic about ride availability and operations. A question was asked about entrance hosts and a number of people, some of who have worked in the industry have kindly answered that question.

We don't need a discussion about what would happen if a guest was under the height limit for a ride. Obviously there's a safety margin built in, but that doesn't mean it can be overridden because it's only a few centimetres - a question that's perplexingly asked by parents to staff on a daily basis. The minimum height is the minimum height, it's not guidance.

That’s an interesting point what height do you think it would be a high risk of someone falling out. On the Otsr 1.4m rides are people likely to fall out at 1.35m?

Height restrictions are often about intensity versus restraint safety.

An example would be SAW and Rage are virtually the same ride but 1.4 and 1.2 respectively, indicating that someone could be 20cm under the requirement at Thorpe Park and would be at no risk. The same for Mandril Mayhem and Swarm I believe.

Sorry @Craig , happy to be pointed somewhere more suitable going forward.

God knows what’s happening here today but Rita, Th13teen and The Smiler have all yet to open and with Spinball on a scheduled closure all day and a very busy park, it’s not been a good start at all!

Edit: and now nemesis is closed’

Last edited:
God knows what’s happening here today but Rita, Th13teen and The Smiler have all yet to open and with Spinball on a scheduled closure all day and a very busy park, it’s not been a good start at all!

Edit: and now nemesis is closed’
And if the rumors are correct there could be no Galactica from next week... 😬

And a further add in that Oblivion is now also closed!

Something must be badly wrong at the park this morning, poor Galactica and Wicker Man doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Well my locals have, and many others. Probably gone back to normal rota's and less staff in etc starting yesterday or today. They will be expecting it to be quieter.

'Two-tier-Towers'.

Last edited:
What on earth are they playing at? This park is being run into the ground currently. Universal can’t come soon enough.

Sort it out Towers.

Yep, I’m here today and so far have done Gangsta Granny and Flávio’s. I don’t even want to join a queue for an (open) coaster because it probably won’t stay open!