• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

It’s stupidly busy today yeah, at one point all coasters were 100mins+.

On the wickerman front, the black sheets on the scaffolding have come down and there are around 7 people working on the track.

Park capacity was 95% today according to queue-times.com!

I would ignore those percentages because the way they calculate it is wrong. They told me they calculate by adding the average queue times up and finding the overall average. This doesn’t work in theme parks because Get set go and Octonauts having a high average queue doesn’t mean it’s busier than a day when the coasters have higher averages and the family rides have low averages. The low capacity rides give the illusion that it’s a busier day when in reality it’s not

I would ignore those percentages because the way they calculate it is wrong. They told me they calculate by adding the average queue times up and finding the overall average. This doesn’t work in theme parks because Get set go and Octonauts having a high average queue doesn’t mean it’s busier than a day when the coasters have higher averages and the family rides have low averages. The low capacity rides give the illusion that it’s a busier day when in reality it’s not

Whilst this is partly true and ride availability will also skew the figures, if you look below you can see the queue times for all rides throughout the day which do show it was very busy.

Surely average queue times that produce such a number are a disaster whichever way you look at it? If you're waiting 120 mins for Get Set Go, with unsettled pre-schoolers to entertain, I don't think you'd be that bothered what the queue length for Nemesis is.

It indicates that the park does not have enough suitable attraction capacity for it's patronage levels does it not?

Whilst this is partly true and ride availability will also skew the figures, if you look below you can see the queue times for all rides throughout the day which do show it was very busy.
Oh it was a very busy day ye I’m just saying that I’ve seen lower percentages than today even though the average for the coasters were higher but the family rides lower. The thrill rides have the higher throughputs so would that not indicate it’s a busier day

Would like to point out, i joined the main queue for the smiler when it was advertised at 180 minutes, and it only took an hour. Amazing operations even tho RAP and FT were all the out the entrance down to the basket ball games :)
As for the few other rides i Did, rita, curse, 13 and Reborn, the queue times were generally accurate. Many queuelines were completely full, such as Reborn and Oblivion at times

It’s stupidly busy today yeah, at one point all coasters were 100mins+.

On the wickerman front, the black sheets on the scaffolding have come down and there are around 7 people working on the track.
Great to hear what appears to be some progress. Scaffolding went up within days then seemingly nothing for 3 weeks. Wonder what has taken so long.

Would like to point out, i joined the main queue for the smiler when it was advertised at 180 minutes, and it only took an hour. Amazing operations even tho RAP and FT were all the out the entrance down to the basket ball games :)
As for the few other rides i Did, rita, curse, 13 and Reborn, the queue times were generally accurate. Many queuelines were completely full, such as Reborn and Oblivion at times
But don't ever accuse them of exaggerating queue times occasionally to boost one shot fasttrack sales.

The quality joiner I know well is now booked up with agreed contracts, lots of small ones, for the next three years.
He doesn't know of a single woodworker who is not booked up for the rest of the year.
Skilled mechanics...rare as hell, all want main dealer jobs with aircon.
Likewise brickies...and decent gardeners!

Amazing what difference 1 day makes in terms of crowd levels. Why was it so busy yesterday? Was there some offers on or something?

Yesterday was sunny, forecast well.
Today was forecast rain for most of the day.
Not rocket science.
Still, it was freakishly busy, and considering the weather has been similar to yesterday for the past almost 2 weeks, there must have been other driving factors.

My guess is families wanted to avoid the weekends due to busy crowds ironically. Thus, Wednesday seemed like the perfect mid-week treat for families to take their kids on a day out.

Also we see this on off peak days too, Wednesdays tend to be busier than tuesdays and thursdays

So you that means the main thing as shorter than fastrack then if that was going towards Oblivions entrance
yep!!! FT was booked out for the smiler and my friend asked and apparnetly the queue for it would be equivalent to the main queue so absolute robbery😭😭

Still, it was freakishly busy, and considering the weather has been similar to yesterday for the past almost 2 weeks, there must have been other driving factors.

My guess is families wanted to avoid the weekends due to busy crowds ironically. Thus, Wednesday seemed like the perfect mid-week treat for families to take their kids on a day out.

Also we see this on off peak days too, Wednesdays tend to be busier than tuesdays and thursdays
Nope, sorry.
The park always gets busier as the school holidays move along, same every year.
Some of those planning for going today would have shifted following a rare correct forecast for the week.