• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

I hate to be the one to say it, but The Smiler broke down yesterday at the bottom of the second lift hill, and had to be evacuated. The social media rumour mill is in force again that the ride is out of action because it needs a part, and is not because of flooding. I know this could be very unlikely to be true, but I’m simply just passing on what I’ve seen in a video (the ride stuck and being evacuated) and then what has followed on from that.

I have no idea why it’s currently down, I’m not at the park. Just poking fun at it really, however it has suffered a fair amount of down time this year and the whole flooding issue is completely self inflicted.

I hope the rumours are wrong, that’s all they are obviously so have a high chance of being wrong, but I’m visiting in a few weeks and am a little cautious that ride availability is going to be in the pits.

I hate to be the one to say it, but The Smiler broke down yesterday at the bottom of the second lift hill, and had to be evacuated. The social media rumour mill is in force again that the ride is out of action because it needs a part, and is not because of flooding. I know this could be very unlikely to be true, but I’m simply just passing on what I’ve seen in a video (the ride stuck and being evacuated) and then what has followed on from that.
Ugh can't be bothered with another month of it shut I hope that's not true

Ugh can't be bothered with another month of it shut I hope that's not true
like I say it is just a rumour but it’s from the same person that said Hex would be out for a while on the day that it shut. I just thought I should share what I’d heard even if it ends up being completely false

Honestly if I does end up being true the event will have backfired at them 😂don’t know I’m laughing I go in 2 weeks and it is my favourite, hated Scarefest 2021 when it was shut
I don't know what they'll do if it is true. There's only a few days before the event so they won't have time to change the event now. Might have to scrap it

If it were true you’d just remove The Smiler takeover part. Hopefully it’s false and open at 10 tomorrow
I mean it's been shut all day so there's something going on. Was shut when I last went because of floods but reopened the day after so we'll soon find out

I mean it's been shut all day so there's something going on. Was shut when I last went because of floods but reopened the day after so we'll soon find out
My only guess at it now not being because of floods is that I know it was evacuated at the bottom of the vertical lift hill and it hasn’t had anyone on it since.

I hope the rumours are wrong, that’s all they are obviously so have a high chance of being wrong, but I’m visiting in a few weeks and am a little cautious that ride availability is going to be in the pits.
Again take this with a gulp of salt, but 2 ride hosts at the entrance to X-sector this morning who were advising people it was shut were saying at the time that it would “hopefully be open this afternoon.” Obviously that wasn’t the case, but for them to say it hopefully there won’t be a significant delay.

Operations have been painful today! With Spinball and Nemesis out for obvious reasons already, the Smiler down all day, Th13teen down often I’m guessing due to rain?, Oblivion down intermittently, Galactica opening late and even then only running on two trains with slow dispatches and I’m sure Wickerman and Rita were down for a little while too. Certainly felt disappointing on park today but I’m guessing the weather was probably the root of a lot of the issues.

Galactica queue felt particularly slow as they would wait for one car to come back into the station and get everyone off it before dispatching the car from the opposite station even though it was already loaded. Very odd.

That said, lots being closed meant I got to do Curse 4 times though.

Again take this with a gulp of salt, but 2 ride hosts at the entrance to X-sector this morning who were advising people it was shut were saying at the time that it would “hopefully be open this afternoon.” Obviously that wasn’t the case, but for them to say it hopefully there won’t be a significant delay.

Operations have been painful today! With Spinball and Nemesis out for obvious reasons already, the Smiler down all day, Th13teen down often I’m guessing due to rain?, Oblivion down intermittently, Galactica opening late and even then only running on two trains with slow dispatches and I’m sure Wickerman and Rita were down for a little while too. Certainly felt disappointing on park today but I’m guessing the weather was probably the root of a lot of the issues.

Galactica queue felt particularly slow as they would wait for one car to come back into the station and get everyone off it before dispatching the car from the opposite station even though it was already loaded. Very odd.

That said, lots being closed meant I got to do Curse 4 times though.
Hopefully it’s just a one day thing then! I knew it very well could’ve been false but just shared what I’d heard. Sorry to hear your day hasn’t been great operations wise!

To be honest I think it’s likely it will be out of action for some time it all makes sense I was there 4 times last week it has had a lot of down time and the most recent visit there were a few mechanics on the 2nd lift hill which considering that’s where it was evacuated leads me to believe the rumour that it will be closed for a while .