• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Route from Katanga Canyon to Forbidden Valley closed

I doubt the area that was closed was that big... it just happens that the Flume and Haunted Hollow pass through the closed area, but are sprawling attractions, so make it seem like a larger area then it actually is. From what's been said it seems like the closed area would seem to be the blue area here:

closure.png

I heard that the egg in Sub Terra hatched and the monster is riding Duel. Might be wrong, that's just what I heard.

I also heard that this is the latest cut for this season.

(this isn't serious, before anyone takes it that way).

However, if anyone is on park today, do share some pictures of the current events, if they are still in operation, of course!

I say that with all the contacts people have on this forum, if we haven't found out what it is by lunch time today, then it's something VERY serious. :s

All areas of the park should be back to normal operation today.

As far as I'm aware the incident was over with yesterday afternoon.

well this is a bit of drama isnt it? There are a number of reasons for this but the most likely does seem to be the methane leak rumour.

Although it could be something to do with Duel?

If it was just closed for safety, the staff would have been told what was going on. The total blackout on news reeks something more serious.

the last post from the other forum (TTF) says:-

A small gas leak was suspected and an area of the park closed off accordingly. I'm not sure if the leak was ever confirmed or not but the area was reopened by mid afternoon and guests allowed to return as normal. It created a bit of a bottleneck in cloud cuckoo land and dark forest for a few hours around lunchtime but other than that doesn't seem to have had too much of a negative effect.The flume and Katanga canyon were also briefly closed.

Whether thats true or not i dont know but it says here it was open by mid afternoon - can anyone confirm?

I've heard it was a bomb scare which would tally with not using radios in the area as transmission could activate a detonator.

How true this is I don't know but apparently the gas leak story was a cover up not to scare guests.

Either way I don't know for sure and I'm only relaying information given to me.

AdamC said:
I've heard it was a bomb scare which would tally with not using radios in the area as transmission could activate a detonator.

How true this is I don't know but apparently the gas leak story was a cover up not to scare guests.

Either way I don't know for sure and I'm only relaying information given to me.

two bomb scares in a year! Towers are unlucky

you would have thought so wouldnt you, although i remember some years back a suspected bomb by Oblivion (shortly after 9/11) and only the immediate area was closed.

I would have thought the same with a gas leak to. but hey hoo

I have a feeling it could be maintenance of some sort though as the lack of info coming through points to something serious or just routine

JB1985 said:
Whether thats true or not i dont know but it says here it was open by mid afternoon - can anyone confirm?

I believe the closed off areas reopened sometime between 3-4pm, so yes that would be correct. :)

James said:
JB1985 said:

I believe the closed off areas reopened sometime between 3-4pm, so yes that would be correct. :)

cant have been that serious then....

Evacuating the whole park would cause so much panic, confusion and take much time that it would be safer and quicker to corner an area off.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Matty said:
Surely if it was a suspected bomb then the park would if been evacuated!?!

I would imagine only the immediate area needs evacuating until an actual threat is confirmed then a risk assessment would take place to decide on the level of cordon.

Re: Re: Route from Katanga Canyon to Forbidden Valley closed

RustyRider said:
Evacuate the whole park for a bomb scare? How would someone sneak in a bomb THAT big!!

Even further, if your able to acquire a bomb that big you probably have a much more sinister agenda then blowing up a theme park!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I assume that no official statement has been made today then?

Odd, considering that if it was a bomb scare - we found out about it last time.