• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2012

Magrathea said:
Voke said:
This has just been posted by Alton :-

"Annual Pass holders can receive 20% off the 5pm-9pm timeslot on the day - limited numbers available. Alternatively Annual Pass holders can purchase a Scarefest Freedom ticket - Just £50pp - giving unlimited access to both mazes throughout the event, plus Fastrack entry to Terror of the Towers. Limited to first 100 passholders - on sale soon."

Great news! Finally us passholders get some kind of discount. :)

Ooh, that's a really interesting offer! Would love to see how many people will take that up... Right now just trying to puzzle out if it'd be worth it for me! While £50 is a lot of money, I do intend to spend a lot of time at Scarefest, so...
Could be worth it if it's for the full event might buy on for £50

josht said:
Magrathea said:
Voke said:
This has just been posted by Alton :-

"Annual Pass holders can receive 20% off the 5pm-9pm timeslot on the day - limited numbers available. Alternatively Annual Pass holders can purchase a Scarefest Freedom ticket - Just £50pp - giving unlimited access to both mazes throughout the event, plus Fastrack entry to Terror of the Towers. Limited to first 100 passholders - on sale soon."

Great news! Finally us passholders get some kind of discount. :)

Ooh, that's a really interesting offer! Would love to see how many people will take that up... Right now just trying to puzzle out if it'd be worth it for me! While £50 is a lot of money, I do intend to spend a lot of time at Scarefest, so...
Could be worth it if it's for the full event might buy on for £50

Unlimited access for both mazes for the whole of Scarefest, plus

Unlimited Fastrack for TOTT for all of Scarefest as well. What more could you ask for?

I'll be shocked if these don't sell out within hours... (only 100 available) :)

Great from Alton. £50 is a lot but given the cost of tickets and the throw in of fastrack, it's decent.

Good to see 20% off between 5-9 too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

AstroDan said:
Great from Alton. £50 is a lot but given the cost of tickets and the throw in of fastrack, it's decent.

Good to see 20% off between 5-9 too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Although no enthusiasts would use the fastrack of course, on moral grounds?

£50 is great even if I visited 2 or 3 days during the event.
I'd use the TOTT Fastrack loads and do the mazes 3 or 4 times a day haha

New jobs are up for grabs, including one titled Show Leader or something along those lines!

Apparently, 70 new jobs will be created for Scarefest, including zombies and dancers.
They say that you need to have stamina if you wish to audition...

Could we see zombie groups roaming around the park, following and scaring people?
Could we see more shows on around the park?

Only time will tell!

To add to the previous post, as I can't currently edit it...

From Coaster Critics UK
Alton Towers to create 70 new jobs.

UP to 70 jobs are up for grabs at Alton Towers as it prepares for its annual Halloween celebrations.
The Staffordshire Moorlands theme park is bringing back its popular Scarefest event for the sixth year.

Last year's Scarefest at Alton Towers
Attractions include The Carnival of Screams funhouse, a zombies scare zone and a new scare maze.
Guests have been told
to expect dozens of performers across the park, with characters such as the undead, demons and freakish clowns.
Recruitment for the performers has started, and auditions will take place later this month.
They are open to anyone aged over 18.
Mike Haynes, entertainments experience manager at the theme park, said: "To become an Alton Towers Resort scare performer you will need to have the ability and stamina to animate our hoard of fiendish creatures.
"You will have the opportunity to create a terrifically terrifying experience as you engage with our guests as they try to find their way through our now famous, perception altering mazes."
Auditions will be held in the resort's conference centre state room from Monday, August 20, until Wednesday, August 22.
They start at 9.30am each day.
Judges will be lined up to watch performances of those who apply for the roles.
Scarefest creative manager Peter Cliff said: "It really takes a specific type of performer to successfully scare, so we want to see as many people as possible – regardless of age, size, shape or gender.
"You'll need to be comfortable in an intense atmosphere, with loud music, bangs, special effects, strobe lights, smoke and smell effects – and of course, very loud screams."
Scarefest runs over the weekend of October 13 and 14, and from October 19 to October 31.
Guests will be able to experience their favourite rides after dark as the theme park will stay open until 9pm.
The venue is also looking for a co-ordinator to be responsible for the operation of a scare-maze, leading a team of hosts and actors and working with the technical stage manager.
Working hours will include days, evenings and weekends.
Candidates for this role need previous experience of scare attractions. The pay will be £7.51 an hour.
There is also a Scarefest show captain job vacancy, which comes with the same pay.
The job involves leading the performance team and making sure everything runs to plan at the venues.
Information on all the roles available is on the theme park's jobs website, which can be found at www.altontowersjobs.com

hooray for roaming actors - its only took several years of suggestion for it to arrive!

Also £7.50 an hour isn't really much is it? Id thought it was more than that.

Longy said:
To add to the previous post, as I can't currently edit it...

From Coaster Critics UK

It's not - they've copied This is Staffordshire word for word; link.

Saying that, roaming actors are definitely the way forward. Merlin definitely surpass any other UK theme park attempts at Halloween as it is, so good to see a bit of innovation so to speak. (Still nowhere near the level of other European and US parks however!)

Actually in some regards Alton Towers beats Europe in certain aspects of a halloween event. Though Europe do the park decoration and atmosphere better, Alton Towers mazes have much higher production values and are often much better.

Towers need to boost their offering though, there are a lot of great UK scare attractions out there (farmageddon and tully's to name a few) and they are biting at the heals (and last year probably overtook) Towers. I have faith though, there is some new creative muscle in the entertainments management this year and i think they will produce great things.

I'm tempted by the £50 offer even if I only visit once or twice - the Fastrack makes it very appealing indeed.

Been looking at the alton towers hotels for the Halloween meet (20th- 21st) and for bed and breakfast its £60 each based on four people sharing with annual pass discount so was just wondering if anybody is interested in booking at the start of September.
I know the whether vane is the accomation but just think its Easyer to stay on park due to those that want to have a drink then not to drive anywhere for the hotel

Dave said:
If the whole of the TS meet buys it thats about half of them gone already :)

I have a feeling they will only be on sale for a few hours due to demand, but is there actually 100 fans that will return during the Scarefest period making the ticket worthwhile for them?

I'm sure we'll find out soon... :)

I would guess so, i can think of 20 TST members who will return repeatedly. Then there is TT, TN as well as other regulars we all see around park. I bet they could sell 100 of them.

Its an interesting idea, mix that with the discount period for AP holders and it does seem someones thinking about the regulars.

If we weren't going to be in Florida for the majority of Scarefest, I know at least 6 -7 people who would buy the £50 Maze Ticket offer. We would normally go to Scarefest 5-6 times over the two weeks and so would make the offer really worth while.

According to some sites on Facebook, the maze age has increased from 12+ to 14+.

Now, I don't know the truth behind this, but if it is true, then Alton might be going all out this year!
Is touching a possibility, similar to America?

Longy said:
According to some sites on Facebook, the maze age has increased from 12+ to 14+.

Now, I don't know the truth behind this, but if it is true, then Alton might be going all out this year!
Is touching a possibility, similar to America?
Would like to see towers go more extreme with their mazes but I don't think they will increase there age range for guests