• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2014

Image released for the Ultimate Sleepover on the towers website in there short break section:
Sleepover%20Carousel.jpg

Looks very... None towers... If that makes sense?

Looks more suited for Thorpe but hey ho...

Does EVERYTHING have to include 'Ultimate'?!

Image released for the Ultimate Sleepover on the towers website in there short break section:
Sleepover%20Carousel.jpg

Looks very... None towers... If that makes sense?

Looks more suited for Thorpe but hey ho...

Maybe they're pushing for a more thrill friendly Scarefest this year? One could only hope!

:)

For £280 you get:

Sleepover package includes:

• Unique Ultimate Sleepover experience in the Towers
  • Delicious dinner
  • Theme Park tickets, two days
  • Scare maze tickets, one day
  • Tasty cooked buffet breakfast
  • Designated parking

That poster is quite... bare. And the "ultimate" sleepover? Not the most terrifying or other word used to describe a petrifying experience? Glad to see we're heading back to the dark days of 2010 marketing again.

Quite a lackluster teaser but at least the details for the event aren't too far off now.

Hopefully that poster is a place-holder for a more professional looking poster and artwork. Looks like they just want to push the product out there first, then release the polished promotional images and everything else at a later date.

Hopefully won't be too long now until full Scarefest details are released!

I do have to say that 'The Ultimate Sleepover' is possibly the least imaginative name they could have come up with for this, yet extremely predictable. Still, as long as the experience is good which I'm sure it will be.

I like that poster, its creepy and like someone else said, very Thorpe-esque.

Would love to go but it's a bit too expensive for me!

For £280 you get:

Sleepover package includes:

• Unique Ultimate Sleepover experience in the Towers
  • Delicious dinner
  • Theme Park tickets, two days
  • Scare maze tickets, one day
  • Tasty cooked buffet breakfast
  • Designated parking
Nice to see a hot buffet breakfast after staying in some ruins... But not after you stay in brand new lodges ;)

So next week is the first week of September and we still have no details for Scarefest? I know they've said that something would be announced this week but I'm sure this is quite a bit later than in previous years. I really hope we have something to potentially look forward to in the annoucement but I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

Scarefest is once again a bitter disappointment. At one time it was the event everyone looked forward to and was a higlight of the year. Now its just a reminder of something that once was. For anyone expecting a major new attraction, I'd start booking tickets for Fright Nights or Chessington's Howl'o'ween. :unamused:

For anyone expecting a major new attraction, I'd start booking tickets for Fright Nights or Chessington's Howl'o'ween. :unamused:

That's a bit presumptuous to assume people are expecting anything major. It's fairly obvious we're getting nothing of the sort other than perhaps a few minor tweaks to elements such as the lighting.

That's a bit presumptuous to assume people are expecting anything major. It's fairly obvious we're getting nothing of the sort other than perhaps a few minor tweaks to elements such as the lighting.

Sorry I shouldn't have put major, but for anyone expecting a new attraction, I'd lower your expectations.

How can Scarefest possibly be "once again a bitter disappointment" with no announcement from the park on mazes etc. yet? Based on the past few years I'd say it's quite reasonable to have relatively low expectations for Scarefest (or Fright Nights or whatever Chessie are calling HHP this year for that matter), but writing off an event before we know anything about what it's going to involve is somewhat hasty.

Well we know from looking at the Towers that Sanctuary and TOTT will be back, looking the same as they have for years (maybe a chance of minor tweaks). No signs of Carnival, although it's a bit early to judge that right now. No signs of family offerings either, again, too early to judge. All we have realistically to expect right now is a new scare maze and some new family attractions.

Scarefest has mostly stayed the same for years. I doubt anyone is expecting much.

If im honest I go at that time of year for the atmosphere rather then the mazes. the park comes to live at about 4:30. The light starts to fade small lights appear. The glow of the rides. The rain in the air. also some of the rides are more enhanced 13/air/Nemmy etc.. that's what makes scarefest to me.

If im honest I go at that time of year for the atmosphere rather then the mazes. the park comes to live at about 4:30. The light starts to fade small lights appear. The glow of the rides. The rain in the air. also some of the rides are more enhanced 13/air/Nemmy etc.. that's what makes scarefest to me.

I couldn't agree more! as fantastic as the scare mazes are you can't beat the atmosphere you get when at the park later in the evening. I for one will be more than happy to return even if there is nothing new this year. I will also not pass judgement on whether it will be worthwhile before any information has been released.