• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2017

Rucksacks can be quiet large nowdays, either that or he threw it over the fence and went back for it later.

Sooooo..... Anyone heard what the lineup might be for Scarefest this year ?:D
Well, All we know this year that is confirmed is Altonville Mine Tours as it is going to be at ScareCon which is at Towers this year and House of Monsters is confirmed to be in the line-up this year. Expect Freak Show and Sub Species to return but no-one knows(Apart from Towers) if Terror of the Towers and Dark Apocalypse will return as they seemed to get quite negative feedback last year.

Arltinvill Marrrn Torrrs!!

Heard a lot of negative reviews about that maze but I loved it. Best maze Towers have done in years, yes Sub Species was good but really lacked the theming and detail of Mine Tours. I also felt it brought back a sense of humour which Towers has lacked for the best part of a decade.

And as with all the Altonville stuff (tracing back to Fo1KS), it was very story driven. Which I like.

And I bet you they've already closed the Towers for it...

Did they even bother to open them this year lol?

Scarefest came as somewhat of a disappointment to me last year in all truth. Don't get me wrong, the Altonville Mine Tours was a pretty decent maze, however on the occasion that I visited there were nowhere near enough live actors in the maze. In the last 2 or 3 minutes of walking through the maze I must have encountered 1 or 2 actors, which was very disappointing. I also find TOTT ridiculously boring, as it is same old same old every year. I understand they want a story linking to the towers, but the lack of imagination used in TOTT is pretty appalling.

As for the scare zones, I found Freak Show absolutely awful. The acting in that particular zone was horrendous, and after walking through 3 or 4 times I was sick of being asked the same questions and being given the same 'threats'. Honestly, search YouTube for "Scarefest 2016" and watch the videos, in every single one there's a girl who asks "ketchup or barbecue sauce?" to every single guest. It's unimaginative and tedious.

Personally as all the Smiler issues are now sorted (well, more or less) I'd love to see them bring back The Sanctuary. For me this was easily the best themed scare maze they've produced at AT.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I feel last years Scarefest left me feeling a little empty inside due to there being no "after hours" scare experience.(I pray they include one this year)
I liked the mazes and as said above the themeing in Altonville Mine Tours blew my mind with the attention to detail so it would be natural to reuse all the props. Definitely needs more scares in it though.

I feel last years Scarefest left me feeling a little empty inside due to there being no "after hours" scare experience.(I pray they include one this year)
I liked the mazes and as said above the themeing in Altonville Mine Tours blew my mind with the attention to detail so it would be natural to reuse all the props. Definitely needs more scares in it though.
They did the after park extreme mazes last year for the first week. I did sub species extreme. Although they were not advertised anywhere.

They did the after park extreme mazes last year for the first week. I did sub species extreme. Although they were not advertised anywhere.
How did you manage to find out/get tickets?

How did you manage to find out/get tickets?

Just went to the Box Office and asked :D was the 15th so the second Saturday
There were just 3 of us in the group, around 5 or so for TOT extreme.
Dont know if they stopped it as the update was poor, but then if they didnt advertise it what to they expect !
or they may have stopped due to "those" guests that were due to arrive and require extra security on park :rolleyes:

Just went to the Box Office and asked :D was the 15th so the second Saturday
There were just 3 of us in the group, around 5 or so for TOT extreme.
Dont know if they stopped it as the update was poor, but then if they didnt advertise it what to they expect !
or they may have stopped due to "those" guests that were due to arrive and require extra security on park :rolleyes:
Ahh right, no worries. I'll ask the question this year. What was more "extreme" about it?

Ahh right, no worries. I'll ask the question this year. What was more "extreme" about it?

The actors don't hold back. We got push pulled sat on strapped to a chair while they performed chainsaw operations on us :p much fun

As for the scare zones, I found Freak Show absolutely awful. The acting in that particular zone was horrendous, and after walking through 3 or 4 times I was sick of being asked the same questions and being given the same 'threats'. Honestly, search YouTube for "Scarefest 2016" and watch the videos, in every single one there's a girl who asks "ketchup or barbecue sauce?" to every single guest. It's unimaginative and tedious.

I enjoyed Freak Show the first couple of times but after being told to 'stay close as we wouldn't want to lose anyone' it got boring. I totally agree it was asif the actors where on audio loop.

-

- Bring back the Skeletons on the Oblivion hole fencing and the rapids. I miss them.
- Bring back scare rooms in the hotel. In fact, tell the hotels that a bit of fake cob web and the odd pumpkin outside does not constitute a good effort for Scarefest.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
THIS!!!