• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Dave said:
I have a feeling the big spider thing will be made by an external company (the super structure) as its a metal sculpture essentially which might be out of studios skill base. I imagine it will then get decorated by Merlin Studios.

Hopefully that means they have already bought it.

I may be underestimating the size of the spider here but I reckon Merlin Studios is more than capable of building it in-house. I'm sure they've got an arc welder lying around somewhere. Let's not forget that it was them who made the Galleon centrepiece for Battle Galleons.

I don't think we will see any theming cuts, if only because I'm pretty certain that theming is going to be key to this ride in terms of creating a story and an experience.

I hate to think how far behind schedule they may be now though. At numerous points during the season we saw how easily areas of the site flooded where they had been digging down. We've just had a load of rain, almost guaranteeing that a large proportion of the whole could be flooded to a relatively large extent. I really hope this isn't the case but you have to imagine that it is.

:)

I'm pretty sure this spider will not be made in one part, I would guess it would be split in to the body and the legs... So I would think Merlin Studios will be more then be able to make it... Merlin Studios tends to be expensive, I can imagine if they were doing budget cuts I would assume they would commission the theming to cheaper company's rather then Merlin Studios doing it all.

CGM said:
Dave said:
I have a feeling the big spider thing will be made by an external company (the super structure) as its a metal sculpture essentially which might be out of studios skill base. I imagine it will then get decorated by Merlin Studios.

Hopefully that means they have already bought it.

I may be underestimating the size of the spider here but I reckon Merlin Studios is more than capable of building it in-house. I'm sure they've got an arc welder lying around somewhere. Let's not forget that it was them who made the Galleon centrepiece for Battle Galleons.

I suppose i'm just hoping its either already built by Merlin or is an external contract so that it can't be cut.

DiogoJ42 said:
I can see them just slapping a load of MDF together and covering it in printed vinyl tbh.

I agree with your suggestion that they will do it on the cheap, but it would clearly be built out of shipping containers rather than MDF.

I'm certain the spider will be built, but it's all the other stuff that I'm expecting to be cut. You can wave good bye to the surveillance van for a start.

The spider would probably obstruct track construction so I'd imagine it'd be built after. I also believe the van'll appear, along with other stuff, in dribs and drabs throughout the season, like The Swarm. It's not ideal but it's better than getting nothing.

I suspect that if they are too far behind the spider might be added next year as was done with Krake. It's too big to do a Swarm and add it mid-way through the season.

But they'd have to be really far behind to consider that.

You would all be very suprised at how little Merlin Studios actually do for the theme park these days. They tend to be very expensive for even simple projects like signs...

There are some people getting a little carried away here, mind. Yes - there may be some small cuts here and there, where costs have meant that some elements need to be scaled back - but it's hardly going to be on a big scale. Just take a look around at what major attractions Merlin have installed of late - they're pretty much all well executed and don't have cuts staring at you in the face - even though I would bet each attraction had one somewhere.

i think there is a mass over reaction here. We dont actually know they are behind schedule we are just assuming. Again, we dont actually know their will be cuts.

I agree its looking bleak but I remain confident. The one thing I will say is Merlin seem to have learnt there lessons going back and adding to Krake, Swarm and Sub Terra so I do have confidence in this.

Guess I will reserve all judgement until opening day

Unless something goes catastrophically wrong, such as a fire destroying it in storage, the spider like theming object will definitely be built. There is currently no reason for something like that to be cut and I feel it will play a very major part in the rides theme. It could be like Nemesis but with no monster, or Thirteen without a crypt. That's how I see it anyway.

:)

This image has just been posted on Theme Park Central's Facebook page.

SW7 trains anyone?

1zv34ht.jpg

If so then I like, I like a lot!

There's some aspects of the wheel assemblies that lead me to question if these are real but the possibility that they are is certainly exciting.

Yes, yes, yes please!

However I can't imagine they would have leaked this without Alton's say so. But if it is I love it and it does seem to fit ;D

That looks a bit Silver-Star-like. Love the use of lap bars.

Though as a couple on that Facebook page have pointed out, isn't it a bit long for a Eurofighter-like layout?

Islander said:
Though as a couple on that Facebook page have pointed out, isn't it a bit long for a Eurofighter-like layout?
Agreed but what's odd is that there is quite a big bit of space in front of the lap bar lower points. If this was removed or part of a complex joint section could it make the carts flexible enough? it's hard to say without knowing more but it could be a lot more flexible than it looks.

Islander said:
That looks a bit Silver-Star-like. Love the use of lap bars.

It does look like it's been lifted from Silver Star, yes. Still, if the trains do look like that, then I'll be impressed! ;D

As long as it's taking those inversions with lap bars and not over-the-shoulder restraints, everything else is a bonus. :)

CGM said:
If so then I like, I like a lot!

There's some aspects of the wheel assemblies that lead me to question if these are real but the possibility that they are is certainly exciting.

The wheels look pretty legit to me, pretty similar to the current Eurofighters:

75ag003jpe1dh2hh3vc1oc.jpg

I'm intrigued by the seat design. It looks as if the hole in the middle of the seat could be a speaker- but it's hard to tell.

The inclusion of lap bars is great.

The train design is the only thing that puts me off. The height of the rider is very, very high- even compared to the B&M coasters- which makes it difficult to understand how it would work in a ride this compact (unless, of course, the plans are slightly changed).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.