• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
When I saw that image of the Gerstlauer trains on Facebook, I immediately thought 'fan-image'. Looks too long for my liking, indeed for SW7 imo.

Anyway enough of trains, we have steel!!

156938_410548242348959_849009551_n.jpg

598631_410548235682293_463567789_n.jpg

12087_410548255682291_336302183_n.jpg

21642_410548379015612_1398786179_n.jpg

Any what it could be for ideas?

I reckon it's most likely going to be for the station, although it could be for one of the large theme elements.

I'm not one for I told you so, but seeing as I've never said this before, I told you so! :p I can't imagine that we will get trains that are that long for starters. I'm expecting something the length of 2 and a half Saw style Eurofighter cars, as a rough estimate. It will definitely be something new from Gerstlauer, but I don't think it will be anything radically new.

:)

I've been researching this lad that posted the trains.

He is advertising working for Gerst since September all over the place.

Now I don't know about you, but in my field of interest, I do not go (despite what some might thing ;) ) round making up stuff I am doing/have done.

One sure fire way, to guarantee you don't get a decent job - is to go around acting very publicly (LinkedIn etc) like you have official links to a big manufacturer.

He is no where near credible enough to pull off a Geldof. I'm not saying those trains are SW7, not likely given they have no links at all.

However, what is interesting, is this guy from Holland has "Advocates Wanted" in his interests. I cannot see any others in that category (though I'm not that familiar with FB).

I'd track this down properly if I could be bothered, which I cannot lol!

https://www.facebook.com/camiel.bilsen
http://nl.linkedin.com/pub/camiel-bilsen/59/727/192

And before anyone tries to be clever and say "Oh, anyone can make this up" - of course they can. However, if you want a chance in an industry you are clearly (from his pictures) already hanging around in, it would be a ludicrous move for your career - and this guy seems to be pretty clever and not too shabby talent wise.

I don't think for one minute they are the trains still mind you!

You also risk looking like the biggest 'leak' risk since the day dot. Not the best way to advertise yourself for a job in the industry, nor keep one if this person apparently works for them.

Nobody likes a tell-all!

[Edit - I love it when Tapatalk updates *rolls eyes*]

TheMan your post dances around the point somewhat :p do you mean you think this person does or doesn't work for Gerstlaurer/in the industry? There's potential for me having completely misread and thus misunderstood, so I just wanted to check your conclusion :).

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Whoever he is or isn't, he's clearly a very intelligent young man with a future in the industry. Some of his concepts on his website are very good and if he gets patents for some of them then he's in a very strong position. I still don't think they are the SW7 trains though, more likely something he has developed to show off what he can do to potential employers.

LordOfDarkness said:
He has pictures of himself discussing with clients in the gerstlauer booth though...

15-e1352402321849.png

Other way round, I think. He mentions on his website about visiting a rollercoaster convention and "starting conversations with engineers".

http://www.camielbilsen.nl/_/experience_page.html

So I'm 99% sure he's got no affiliation with Gerstlauer, and that the image is not of SW7's trains. :)

Now, his Facebook is interesting (his posts are public and the link is there for all!!).

I don't doubt he has links to the industry, and credit to him for managing to break through, but I don't believe he'd have authorisation (or the lack of foresight) to post genuine images online without thinking they'd be linked back.

That's my personal opinion, though I could be wrong :). The trains may very well exist and be due to roll out on Gerstlaurer products, but with a track layout as twisty and loopy (lol) as we're expecting, I don't believe those to be SW7 trains.. they surely just wouldn't cope with the manoeuvres required!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Who ever this is making these designs, they are very good ones! And who are we to question weather it is truthful or not? These things do happen.

To clarify as per Sazzle, I believe the guy could well be genuine. It is a brave move to start posting things around so publicly if you cannot back them up, especially in such an insular design industry with so few major players - therefore major jobs.

However, I cannot see any reference to him calling them SW7 trains anywhere. So therefore, (unless I have missed it), his credibility is not in question for that reason, and hence I also don't believe them to be SW7 trains.

Someone has taken his picture, and made an association for themselves (or speculative anyway, which is what we do ;D), so far as I can tell anyway.

I honestly think SW7 trains are going to look something like 2 Eurofighter cars bolted together.

If you've found him on Facebook, why doesn't someone try just sending him a message asking about this? :)

Well volunteered Sam! :p

I for one am not surprised they are from a fan, they are lovely designs, but always thought a fan project is a high possibility! :)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Oh wow! Hello you seem er... in the know of things so are the trains for SW7 similar to yours or are they different? ..... And do they have lap-bars? :) Nice to meet you.

I'm registering for every fan site that has posted my train to tell them that this is a mock up of mine. i do in fact work for Gertslauer but this train is in no way (not that I'm allowed to say anything) the real trains that go on SW7. I'm sorry for the missunderstanding. You cal always check out my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/CoasterLab to find other fan based stuff. I do have patents on concepts on my website.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.