• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'd love them to be the trains as they look brilliant. However I don't think they will be as I am 99% sure we will be getting overhead restraints. Does anyone have any idea where the picture came from? As in today's world I'd imagine it wouldn't be that hard for someone to make those designs themselves and stick some generic Gerstlauer logos on them.

:)

Rob said:
However I don't think they will be as I am 99% sure we will be getting overhead restraints.

I'm pretty sure that all Gerstlauer Eurofighters now come with lap bars as standard, unless requested otherwise.

It's not the restraints that I've got a problem with believing in. As I said earlier, I think it's the ride height that's the biggest problem with these trains. It's not really very compact at all.

Nick said:
Rob said:
However I don't think they will be as I am 99% sure we will be getting overhead restraints.

I'm pretty sure that all Gerstlauer Eurofighters now come with lap bars as standard, unless requested otherwise.

I think that probably is the case yes. And I also think Towers will have requested for this not to have lap bars for various different reasons.

The trains do also look too long for what we are likely to be getting. You would imagine that the trains would be far more compact than that.

Islander said:
That looks a bit Silver-Star-like. Love the use of lap bars.

Though as a couple on that Facebook page have pointed out, isn't it a bit long for a Eurofighter-like layout?

I actually thought the track pieces actually looked quite 'wide' as in the fact the inversions didn't look too tight, so I think this type of train would suit it very well.

Rob said:
Nick said:
Rob said:

I think that probably is the case yes. And I also think Towers will have requested for this not to have lap bars for various different reasons.
When you say 99% I guess you are referring to having heard something from a reliable source? That's the only reason I can imagine you'd be so certain. I also don't understand what the various different reasons are because besides the actual secret section doing something like an Oblivion style holding drop I can't see any reasons why myself.

But I will agree that I'm not entirely certain how legit this image is as it is not beyond a fan to have made something like this.

Also Nick what do you mean by the height of the riders? It looks to me to be the same as any other Euro-Fighter but I might be misunderstanding what you are saying
:-\

Tim said:
Rob said:
Nick said:
Rob said:

When you say 99% I guess you are referring to having heard something from a reliable source? That's the only reason I can imagine you'd be so certain. I also don't understand what the various different reasons are because besides the actual secret section doing something like an Oblivion style holding drop I can't see any reasons why myself.

Just a combination of rumours and my own opinion on it. Initial rumours quite a while back did suggest we would be getting lap bars but more recent rumours towards the end of the season were saying overhead restraints. I really want to see lap bars but with all the inversions this is going to have on it I really can't see Towers wanting them. I'd love too be proven wrong though.

Please God let these be the trains! They look stunning! Gerst seem to really be pushing into the big player's market now. These look a million times better than any of the Intamin trains if you ask me :D

The trains look lovely, but they can just be a fans mock up, people do love to use CAD work, saw that gerstlauer are doing new 4x4 seats and gave a go at imagining them. However usually there is an often tell when a fan does it. Either a watermark or an easily found original link.

My prediction is these will be a gerstlauer concept art. So nothing to do with Towers except same tide type, I can imagine Towers having custom shells.

I am really really hoping for those lap bars!

I would also think the train is longer so it can do the tighter inversions, when the train goes up the riders in row 2,3 and 4 aren't banging there heads on the row in front, there's plenty of room. Sorry for the crude example, I find it hard to explain what I mean.. perhaps ill draw a diagram...

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

The possibility of lap bars is just as high of the possibility of over the head restraints.

Lap bars could work really well with marketing. I don't believe this thing about the public believing they are unsafe and theme parks not using them for that reason. Lap bars abroad had to start somewhere. Unless anyone has a case study conducted on the general public no one can really certify why/why not lap bars would be used on an inverting roller coaster.

I think it could go either way.

Hmm... Not sure if I believe the image but I really want to believe it! They look incredibly sleek and modern and would look fantastic going round the track. If the image is real, perhaps it is a prototype image which doesn't necessarily fit to scale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Lovely stuff. I also hope for the Lap Bars.. hear our voice Alton :) I do think the train is too long though, the throughput figures were very high, and I can't imagine more than 2 being on the track at once (which if I'm not mistaken would need to happen for the maximum throughput). I would love to be proven wrong though as it does look very pretty :)

I agree with Fredward. The large gap between rows would enable the train to take tighter vertical turns, such as the transition from flat to vertical on the second lift.

I'd be very happy if those were the trains... But I won't hold my breath.

siralgenon said:
This image has just been posted on Theme Park Central's Facebook page.

SW7 trains anyone?

1zv34ht.jpg

I'll just blow that out of the water right now as not being the trains... http://coaster-lab.com/train-designs/ They were designed by a kid who is pretending to work for Gerstlauer...

They seem too long to be true anyway. Trying to get them to do any tight turn would be painful as they just don't seem flexible enough.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.