• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So long as a few major sites like the AT fan forums, Coasterforce, TPR and a news site like Screamscape know, I think everyone else will soon get the message. Maybe put something on your site to say that they aren't for SW7? :p

Great work by the way! :)

Will do.

I want to echo what I said before by saying that's some great work you've got their. You've used Solidwork's haven't you? I think I saw the interface on one of the shots.

Anyway I look forward to seeing what you do for Gertslauer.

I've just found this on Twitter, which was posted by a senior member of Alton Towers management.

For ********* - 2013 #topsecret
A9SliISCQAAZEWl.jpg
Anyone got any idea as to what it could be?

(Asterisks used to protect identity of another Twitter user)

Or, depending on perspective they could just be the brackets which hold electrical tubing to the wall? :p

Fair point, it's hard to judge scale on that. The tubes they are for could be anything from about one to three inches wide.

They could be to join the steel together, but I highly doubt it.
Probably something to do with the cables...

In regards to the 'For ********* - 2013 #topsecret' part, is it coincidence that the '*s' equal the same number as the number of letters in 'The Smiler'.

For The Smiler-2013 #topsecret

Longy said:
They could be to join the steel together, but I highly doubt it.
Probably something to do with the cables...

In regards to the 'For ********* - 2013 #topsecret' part, is it coincidence that the '*s' equal the same number as the number of letters in 'The Smiler'.

For The Smiler-2013 #topsecret

I didn't even count the number of asterisks, I have to confess. :p

Or maybe, it could be absolutely nothing or something of very little relevance?

:)

I would imagine the input cables are going to be rather large I would think they are just power cable brackets with it most likely being single phase are three phase steel wired armour cable feeding the acutel ride from towers sub station, but its good seeing towers making them look like themeing

I'm guessing there hasn't been much movement on site recently due to the lack of updates? Any Gilmore of hope of any track gone into place?

I sincerly hope something has happened! If the footers aren't more or less all down, and the cover phase of the cut and cover project is getting underway I'll be rather concerned.

Considering that in a couple of weeks time the site will more than likely be devoid of staff for Christmas and New Year, they really are starting to cut it fine. Some areas of the UK have been having snow, so it's only a matter of time before it closes in on Staffordshire and Derbyshire, and starts to have an impact on work.

I've just remembered something Adz over at TTF mentioned a few days back that might be worth discussing. Apparently during its early development SW7 was destined to be themed to Halo!

The idea was scrapped when the current theme took over so there's no need to worry about it still happening but I was curious what everyone's thoughts were about this?

Me personally although I really like the Halo franchise I don't think it would have fit at Alton, especially not X-Sector. I'm not too keen on a Secret Weapon having an IP either as the whole point of a SW ride is for it to be something unique to Alton Towers and I feel that should apply to the narrative just as much as the concept.

They would have to do something special, I don't think it's possible to build the ride and station fit for public use also with testing in under what is it know four months

DiogoJ42 said:
There is simply no way this can possibly be finished on time now.

It's hard to say really, and obviously getting any concrete answer is hard but the vibe from Towers is they will still get it ready. Though we still have most of winter to get through so I'm concerned a spell of bad weather will screw the park over.

Once the building is up they can do inside theming and most of the external theming is like Swarms and can be craned in. If anything though I think any planned works on the rest of X-Sector might have been cut to preserve budget, I just can't see them not been able to cut something.

The Halo rumour was rife ages ago and I think we concluded it was true, I'm not keen on the idea so glad it has been scrapped.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.