• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
James said:
That is an incredibly large hole (giddigy).

*Giggity

Hehe!

I think the rotating track piece would be great! We'll just have to wait and see!

The Ministry of Joy has this amazing 1984 feeling to it.

I love the idea of it being some kind of happy horror thing, like some kind of sick experiment on happiness and what makes kids happy or something. Just eerily creepy.

Personally, I hope it's not some kind of flipping track. I wouldn't find it thrilling (not saying no-one will, just I wouldn't personally). I'd much rather a SAW style steep drop in the building along with a roll or something.

Does anyone know where the plant and ride systems area is on the plans? As I am wondering if that hole is going to become the plant and systems area.

delta79 said:
Does anyone know where the plant and ride systems area is on the plans? As I am wondering if that hole is going to become the plant and systems area.
I always thought that it was being built in the woods next to the site.
Then again, it could've been rumours...

We'll have to wait and see.

delta79 said:
I can't see why they'd ever build that in a pit unless there was an absolute need to, as it'd make maintenance needlessly difficult.

Perhaps this is to accomodate the 'beyond vertical drop' mentioned in the plans, which we have so-far dismissed as being inaccurate.

Will the station actually be built over this hole, can anyone tell?

Boy that hole is getting big. :eek:

Just an idea I've had, could that hole under the station be for an upside down loop, would that be a world's first? Obviously it would have to be controlled by magnets and such but a loop turned upside down would be quite exciting.

If that it the world's first then surely it would be a good case to have lap bars, as an upside down loop would be uncomfortable on the shoulders. :)

I'm intrigued by the deep trench at the back, it looks like it's in line with the first lift hill that exits the building further along the site. That other hole looks bang on the spot for under the semicircular part of the station.

Gah, I'm trying not to speculate and look too much into it but it definitely looks like the station is not just for loading and unloading now. Tom's mention of the beyond vertical drop is interesting; from the final brake run back into the building (which would already be elevated quite high) down to that depth underground, you could fit a decent sized drop in there probably. A sneaky finale to the ride maybe? :)

It's hard to imagine what would fit into the station space but I suppose a small beyond vertical drop would fit - dependent on the height difference between load and unload. I strongly believe that the worlds first will be in the station building too but am unsure what it could be. Flipping track would seem such a let down...

Surely a hole that size gives the opportunity for some further 'standard' track length and inversions. I still wouldn't rule out the inversion record.

But aliens and happy horror isn't X-Sector.

Am I the only one that's worrying about this now? :p

I see the new maze as a prequel to SW7, Katherine Duckworth, the head of consumer marketing, has said that it is a preview of SW7 and everything in the description and rumours before the maze was revealed all do suggest this. The link may not be massive but I'd imagine that the maze will at least set the scene and provide a small backstory for SW7. It is also a great way to promote SW7 and get people back the the resort next year.

:)

BigAl said:
But aliens and happy horror isn't X-Sector.

Am I the only one that's worrying about this now? :p
Pretty sure Ministry Of Joy is ironic, like the Ministries in 1984. There'll be nothing happy about it. ;)

Aliens can sod off back to Forbidden Valley. They have no place in X Sector ever.

I want a futuristic, but slightly run down or abandoned theme. Some sort of laboratory that has been abandoned, but recently reopened to the public. X-sector has got this military/experimental theme to it already. Why not build on this?

If the ministry of joy is a a part of this, then maybe some strange doctor carried out experiments on people who have ridden Oblivion. His strange contraptions are found many years later and SW7 the coaster is one of them.

There are still of course rumours that Im hearing that SW7 will have nothing to do with this ministry of joy at all.

I watched the 2012 version of the film Total Recall yesterday. For those who dont know, the film is set in the 22nd century.

Part of the film is set in asia, it shows very unexpected, futuristic elements but the place is extremely rundown. Thats exactly how I imagine SW7 to look like. I feel its the perfect theme for the ride, aswell as X-Sector.

As for the Miinistry of Joy, Im starting to guess its a prequel to the story of SW7. It could maybe show the begginning of X-Sector itself, How it came about, How it got its name etc. etc.

Only time will tell at this moment. Prepare for more information to be reaveled during scarefest! :)

The Sanctuary is a new scare maze that invites guests to book an appointment at an abandoned facility, but a terrifying twist awaits. New developments on the X Sector site have uncovered an area of the Towers where human experiments were rumored to have taken place in the early 1900’s by a controlling force known only as The Ministry of Joy.

If this is tied in with SW7 which i think it is were in for a treat :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.