• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
RyanYoxall said:
What I meant by upside down loop was something like this:

7844924080_637294a420_c.jpg

Obviosly it would have to be controlled by brakes/magnets for most of it but it would count as a world first wouldn't it? And there could be all sorts of affects taking place when your at the bottom of it. :)

You'd have to take it at some speed otherwise the strain on your legs from the presumed lapbars would be too painful - Submission-esque ;)

I noticed some people have mentioned a tilting track of some sort.

What if...

1: The train leaves the station and enters a trick track.

2: The track tips to the side, Winjas Force style, but to 180 degrees.

3: Train rolls down into a half loop style element

4: When train has reached the bottom it is then the right way around again.

f1afc93abd0a42a8bb7d4ab.png

Not the greatest image, but you get the idea. The train is still on the first segment. Some effects happen, and the track spins upside down. The brakes then release and the train rolls in upside down, following the red arrow, before scooping out and heading to the first lift.

Size depending they might even be able to cram another roll in between this and the lift. That'd give us what... 11 inversions? That'd make it joint first with another coaster opening in 2013 on the inversion list, according to RCDB. I'm guessing there's also be some kind of worlds first in the trick track...

Obviously, I have no idea how the forces would work on this. I doubt it'd be impossible though. A similar idea works on G-Force at Drayton, the only difference is this starts at the top, rather than using a chain lift to get to it. Just thinking off ideas which other people have suggested :)

Could work and if you added a madhouse style drum around the track, it would seriously mess with your head

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

That's what I've been imagining when people have mentioned the rotating track thing.

I'd imagine the forces would be ok, and as long as the restraints are decent so it doesn't hurt like Submission, it'd be a fairly smart way of using the limited space.

I don't honestly think there will be anything all that different in the station.

Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic, but don't create wild ideas to just be disappointed later on.

The worlds first in my opinion would be the first ride to duel with itself without returning to the station. Essentially worlds first two rides in one. We can already make an informed prediction at that looking at the ride layout, so will be most likely right.

The rest of these theory's are random idea's with no relation to the rest of the ride. Sure it's good for creativity, but in a topic like this you just seem to be setting yourselves up for disappointment... just like the old SW6 topic! :p

It's a worlds first, because it seems like a new ride type. As are most Alton Towers SW's (not including Nemesis)

Where did this rumour about trick tracks come from? I will put my dignity on the line and say it won't happen what so ever.

The simple ideas are often the most right in these circumstances.

Ian said:

That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Would make sense too as they would need a pretty big hole to house any hardware to control it. Plus it also ties in with the plans mentioning a 'beyond vertical' drop which most people have easily brushed over as nothing.

I have high bets on the world's first being within the building after seeing the amount of excavation taking place on site (basing on plans the hole is underneath the station). Although there is still a possibility of the trains containing a world's first. I would dismiss the world's most inversions though, there's not enough room to do that with the space inside the building.

I can still see this as being a fairly bog standard Gerts coaster and the worlds first just being a basic gimmick such as worlds first coaster to be themed on.... or worlds first coaster designed to annoy our neighbours :p

Well to be fair the majority say Th13teen's worlds first element is a gimmick, and the trick track idea is much more simple than that. Maurer Sohne have already tried and succeeded in creating a track which tips to the side. This is simply taking that idea and going a bit further (About 110 degrees further I guess :p )

It shouldn't be that hard to engineer really given what other rides can do, and I can't imagine it being any more than £1M for this element. Basing of Maurer figures I think they charge around that for a trick track in their spinning coasters. Also, if this is the world's first then I wouldn't rule out lap bars. As I said earlier, it's essentially G-Force's lift with a new take on the idea, and that manages just fine without OTSRs :)

The worlds first rotating roller coaster? ;)

This is just my theory, but I think it's a possibility. As for inversions I'd say this will have 10 or 11. There has to be an inversion of some form in that building I reckon, even if it isn't through a trick track. I'm sure of it! If not I'll be very disappointed and surprised.

I had this exact conversation with a few members during unnamed event @ towers in may. We came to the conclusion that if this inverting track was to happen, it would HAVE to be in a drum of some sorts as how can you support a track that inverts? The potential for effects is endless, yes it's slightly gimmicky but with a beastly coaster ahead of it, so what? It'll only add to the experience..I'm guessing this element would feel a little like swarms drop, albeit much much smaller?

Well you could place it in a drum. Alternatively what if you used tri rail track, and rotated around the spine on a central rail? Lining it up correctly, and with the correct positioning of mechanics it could create a very sudden and unpredictable motion, which would really catch riders off their guard :p

I like Dave's suggestion of a madhouse style drum though. If it was connected to the track turning system it would be incredibly effective. It'd play on the madhouse illusion, but in reverse. Instead of tricking you into thinking you're spinning around in a room it could be made to appear everything is normal and yet you feel like you're upside down and hanging.

I've been thinking a lot about this idea a lot this evening :p I'll do some sketches when I've got a moment showing possible ideas.

Update on the construction from our Facebook page:
304887_10152047806410398_1170996564_n.jpg

The current construction site is being expanded and the hole has got, well, bigger - and deeper!

Hey Guys

Firstly the fences have been pushed further into X sector
P1010504.JPG

P1010505.JPG

P1010506.JPG

Next. The hole is now no longer a hole and is rapidly becoming a lake
P1010510.JPG

The cause of the lake
P1010548.JPG

From the bottom looking up (taken through the gate.
P1010513.JPG

From the top looking down
P1010554.JPG

usual shot from oblivion queue
P1010546.JPG

I'm beginning to think that the closure of enterprise and submission may have been a lot easier for the park! It's amazing how close they are in proximity to the construction site

Even though some say that this project is not as exciting as others, I for one am awestruck at how gargantuan the area is now looking. I am just over the moon that we are getting a new, world class coaster which can be achieved even if it is a Gerstlauer.

Depending on the world's first feature, I can see this coaster flying up very soon (weather permitted)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.