• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Only a minor part - but Iv'e always found it weird that it has two different lift hills, surely you'd either have them both vertical or both the same?

Surely to build a rollercoaster, the actual plans of the track and footer locations etc, would need to be more precise than a NoLimits layout... I also suspect that a bonafide (i.e. non NL layout) plan of the coaster would have been made before the rough NL seen on the submitted planning application.

Whether this will be the same or not, only the future (and Blaze by the sounds of it ::)) can tell.

Also, I've now fixed this previous comment...

Blaze said:
I believe The layout on the plans is the layout they're building. Simples.

Such certain statements are too often flung about in forums.

It's not going to be radically different though, surely? The plans are rough, but to what extent? So the track crosses a path, the landscaping isn't quite as deep as it is in reality and the spider... thing... is a little too close to the ride for comfort, it demonstrates what the ride is and will do (on the outside at least). The whole layout looks too well-thought-out, in my opinion, and the other points are simply down to the fact that what they put forward didn't need to be pin-point accurate to be sufficient enough to put to planning.

BigAl said:
It's not going to be radically different though, surely? The plans are rough, but to what extent? So the track crosses a path, the landscaping isn't quite as deep as it is in reality and the spider... thing... is a little too close to the ride for comfort, it demonstrates what the ride is and will do (on the outside at least). The whole layout looks too well-thought out in my opinion, and the other points are simply down to the fact that what they put forward didn't need to be pin-point accurate to be sufficient enough to put to planning.

This is what I'm leaning towards. And hey! It's a good looking layout.

The...but it could have been something better... gang have really come out on this one!

willb said:
Surely to build a rollercoaster, the actual plans of the track and footer locations etc, would need to be more precise than a NoLimits layout... I also suspect that a bonafide (i.e. non NL layout) plan of the coaster would have been made before the rough NL seen on the submitted planning application.

Whether this will be the same or not, only the future (and Blaze by the sounds of it ::)) can tell.

Also, I've now fixed this previous comment...

Blaze said:
I believe The layout on the plans is the layout they're building. Simples.

Such certain statements are too often flung about in forums.
Of course the builders will have proper plans without the mistakes, but the mistakes are hardly big, are they? The ground's a bit higher than it should be, they didn't draw a couple supports right and the spider doesn't pass a NL tunnel test or something. The actual blueprints will be much higher quality.

And sorry, but are you suggesting every single time someone posts something which isn't 100% and contains just a bit of opinion, it has to be clearly spelt out? I'm asserting the layout in the plans will be the real layout because that's where all the evidence is pointing.

Has John would say....
john4.jpg

Seriously though guys, does it actually matter if the plans are real or not? We have a great big hole and potentially the makings of one of the best rides to ever be at Alton Towers. Stop worrying if the plans are accurate and start enjoying watching it take shape!

OK, the plans may be a little bit out. as long as they cover the finished ride for planning permission how really bothered. They will get the ride up from correct plans and I cant wait to get a go on it.

*waits for the ride to develop a secret 200ft top hat element whilst nobody is looking*

The roller coaster track did not need planning permission for this project. As it falls within the restrictions in that area of the park. So in theory they could completely change the track - as long as it still lies within the restrictions. It's only the building that HAS to be exactly as the plans show and state.

That's not to say the track plans will change. Although I believe that we will see a few alterations and possibly the removal/addition of track elements (due to reasons explained on the previous pages). I have my bets on 80% of the track shown in plans staying the same and 20% being altered/changed to suit Alton Towers needs.

I still think the 'beyond vertical drop' is related to the world's first. People have easily dismissed it but I highly believe the world's first is going to revolve around that. Surprise track element in the station perhaps? There's enough room to fit something compact and surprising in there.

I have just had a thought, where is the ORP point going to be? could it be at the bottom of the hole, that could explain the depth of it.

Hmm, perhaps the Gerstlauer plans were merely a red herring designed to put us all off the scent whilst they perfect a monstrous B&M sitdown similar to Daemonen ;)

I wouldn't call that a compact coaster. Its a floorless by the looks of it with a tight layout. A short car doing tight turns in a really small space makes a coaster compact. Anyway were off subject/topic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The Psychoaster said:
Hmm, perhaps the Gerstlauer plans were merely a red herring designed to put us all off the scent whilst they perfect a monstrous B&M sitdown similar to Daemonen ;)

It's definitely a gerst, we don't doubt that fact :)

Dave said:
It's definitely a gerst, we don't doubt that fact :)
I know there's no point, but after the discussion of train types a few pages back I'm holding out the tiniest bit of hope that we end up with some kind of Intamin Fahrenheit/Maverick hybrid. Not that there's any chance of course.

You are acting as if Merlin Studios have sat around a table and plotted all of this!

"yesss let's create fake plans so the >1% of our customers will be tricked into thinking they are getting one coaster when in reality we are getting something completely different! That's surely a good use of our time and resources. Mwa ha ha ha ha!"

It's a rough plan because they didn't need anything more detailed. Industry's use a version of nolimits because its an easy way to knock out designs quickly and efficiently.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Fredward said:
You are acting as if Merlin Studios have sat around a table and plotted all of this!

"yesss let's create fake plans so the <1% of our customers will be tricked into thinking they are getting one coaster when in reality we are getting something completely different! That's surely a good use of our time and resources. Mwa ha ha ha ha!"

It's a rough plan because they didn't need anything more detailed. Industry's use a version of nolimits because its an easy way to knock out designs quickly and efficiently.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

As is common knowledge the roller coaster getting built isn't the original plan for SW7. I think it's more that the planning application had to be rushed in and the plans may get altered since submission rather than a plot to fool enthusiasts. Merlin and their parks don't really think about enthusiasts at all (with one or two notable exceptions)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.