• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It would probably cost alot to hire a decent band to do it, but a ride really has to have a decent theme tune, imagine Nemmy without her masterpiece of a theme song, or Hex without music? It wouldn't work, I just hope they do get a decent band to do it :)

Just get a composer. None of this tie-in single nonsense like with The Swarm and that silly pop-punk band.

images

A certain Mr Zimmer would do just fine for the theme tune tbh.

Danny said:
images

A certain Mr Zimmer would do just fine for the theme tune tbh.

I think I would explode, from the lower body area, if Hans were to compose the theme to any AT ride. I do however think he will be too busy with Rush and Superman next year to bother with such a trivial matter!

A more low profile film composer could do the job though - perhaps someone like Henry Jackman or John Powell, both relatively young (in composition terms) English composers that people have heard of yet aren't absolutely in demand yet.

As much as I would love for a composer to do the music, I can't see it happening, because that style of music doesn't really appeal to the majority of the target market and at the end of the day the theme tune is what would be used in T.V adverts, which is where most of the GP will hear about SW7. :(

Olii said:
As much as I would love for a composer to do the music, I can't see it happening, because that style of music doesn't really appeal to the majority of the target market and at the end of the day the theme tune is what would be used in T.V adverts, which is where most of the GP will hear about SW7. :(

It is not inconceivable that a composer could do the actual ride soundtrack though - as has been said here already, all of the good ride themes currently in the UK are orchestrally based; from Nemesis to Hex, Valhalla to Colossus. I don't imagine they repeat the You Me At Six song over and over at The Swarm either. A good composer could put out a brilliant suite that would enhance the atmosphere of the ride immensely, especially given its secretive theming.

It would be ether good if imascore could compose a piece... They did the krake soundtrack and New (and slightly orgasmic) blue fire soundtrack.

Would love an orchestral piece though!

To answer your question above, the swarms soundtrack is actually just a pronounced bass line (of the ymas song) over apocalyptic sound affects and *screeches* with the occasional guitar riff and drum thrown in.

It's a really amazing sound around the area, feels like an action movie soundtrack and fits in with the ride and theming.

Theve essentially took the ymas song, made it slightly darker and heavier, and more ambient.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Fredward said:
It would be ether good if imascore could compose a piece... They did the krake soundtrack and New (and slightly orgasmic) blue fire soundtrack.

Would love an orchestral piece though!

To answer your question above, the swarms soundtrack is actually just a pronounced bass line (of the ymas song) over apocalyptic sound affects and *screeches* with the occasional guitar riff and drum thrown in.

It's a really amazing sound around the area, feels like an action movie soundtrack and fits in with the ride and theming.

Theve essentially took the ymas song, made it slightly darker and heavier, and more ambient.

That is the kind of thing a composer would do though, adapting an external theme for different purposes. Granted, I doubt a big name would be employed for that purpose, but I can't imagine SW7's theme being performed by a band either. It kind of fits in with the Thorpe atmosphere, but it doesn't suit AT's style.

Give the job to Michael Giacchino.

I agree that a composer should be used ahead of some band looking for a quick plug as ideally they could stick to a similar theme as Oblivion but with a grittier twist to reflect the look the ride seems to be going for.

Said this all along, but Daft Punk.

Think about it. They'll want a proper soundtrack, and probably an electronic one to match Oblivion's, but if The Swarm is anything to go by, they'll probably want a promo single from a well-known popular musician.

They could take the single from the longer score, Daft Punk have experience doing scores, and they're working on new material now so they can time their album to get maximum exposure from doing the SW7 music, plus they're well known, critically acclaimed and generally brilliant.

It's win win.

No blaze... And before you say anything, no muse either!

Would cost waaaay to much to get big names..

Fredward said:
No blaze... And before you say anything, no muse either!

Would cost waaaay to much to get big names..

If Muse did it I'd set fire to every Muse-related thing I own.

Depends really, they got YMAS to do a song, it would depend how much they wanted for doing it.

Fredward said:
Same budget coaster.

Alton aren't cheesy though, I always perceive it as being more dignified than Thorpe. The hard worker in the class, as opposed to the dosser that doesn't seem to do any work but gets just as many marks.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.