• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Or how about we disregard anyone who says they have 'insider information' unless that member is well-known and reliable for this sort of stuff or they have some evidence to back up their claim?

If we take seriously and discuss such claims, it'll be an incentive for more people to make stuff up knowing they'll get a response, and then we're back to the bad old days of 'My cousin's uncle's sister's son used to work on Blade, and he said...' which just spams up the topic.

Especially given that GaryH's "good source" has apparently never heard of Rip, Ride, Rockit at that minor provincial fairground Universal Studios. ::)

Apologies if I've missed anything (as I don't follow the coaster side of things THAT MUCH) but could this not be a ploy by some people linked with the Towers to lead certain people on certain sites to believe certain idea's, but without actually 100% confirming the exact plan for the ride, which would then then lead to that site passing them on? This theory would lead to extra talk (publicity) in the theme park world but would also put everyone off the trail of what is actually really going to be the special element of the new ride. It's hard to keep things from the public and more-so the internet coaster community these days so maybe a diversion tactic has been thought up. Probably not but just a thought :)

Sam said:
Or how about we disregard anyone who says they have 'insider information' unless that member is well-known and reliable for this sort of stuff or they have some evidence to back up their claim?

If we take seriously and discuss such claims, it'll be an incentive for more people to make stuff up knowing they'll get a response, and then we're back to the bad old days of 'My cousin's uncle's sister's son used to work on Blade, and he said...' which just spams up the topic.

Especially given that GaryH's "good source" has apparently never heard of Rip, Ride, Rockit at that minor provincial fairground Universal Studios. ::)

Sam, a thousand apologies, I have obviously mistaken this forum for a discussion board where people share rumours and ideas.

As for someone who has never heard of Rip Ride Rockit - consider this ..... when Oblivion was being built, infact, before the track even went up, I remember speaking to a B&B owner in Stoke who told me exactly what the ride would be, about the vertical drop, the underground section, because he knew one of the engineers on site. Neither of them knew anything of the RCCGB or rides like Rip Ride Rockit - just because a source doesnt know the in's and out's of every ride around the world it doesnt make their source less creditable, and if you shoot down every one's posts on here because you dont believe them its going to make this a very dull forum.

There is no reason people cant discus theories they have about the ride, there is however, often caution about "trolling" when it comes to people with sources. You can blame "Leroy B&M" for that back in 2009. If you have a source post your information and time will prove you right.

As for saying we only listen to "trusted" members... those trusted members had to start somewhere, people don't appear on the forum with a golden "i'm trustworthy" badge, so unless something is clearly spam please don't attack members and if it is contact the team.

Over time i have found the forum is very good at picking out spam and refusing to discus it.

I miss Leroy. I really believed his dad's mum's dog's father's sister knew that SW6 was a B&M. :(

Indeed though. There's no need to attack other members when they come on here claiming to have information. In most cases the only people that know a lot about different roller coasters are the people that create the concept of the ride, the people that do the research. John Wardley would be a good example, he has a good knowledge of different roller coasters around the world as his job involves creating new concepts. Other people working on the project however will not know roller coasters of the world inside out. They will just know how to complete the tasks in their job role.

I think GaryH is a reliable member anyway, and well-known in fact. So I don't see exactly why we've had to quickly disregard his posts. It's a discussion forum people! None of us know the details of this ride, lets have our crazy days and discuss every mad idea possible. :)

OK GaryH, fair enough. If you want people to believe you, prove it. Now I understand that their could be issues for your source if you post evidence on here, they could lose their job or whatever. So do this.

Message one of the moderators or admins with proof about your "good source". They'll keep it confidential, and then they can post in this topic confirming that they've been sent evidence of this source, and that your information is genuine.

I presume if what you say is true, this won't be a problem. If not, then I'm just going to assume you're lying.

James said:
So I don't see exactly why we've had to quickly disregard his posts. It's a discussion forum people! None of us know the details of this ride, lets have our crazy days and discuss every mad idea possible. :)

But it's not that James at all. He's not discussing or speculating, he's claiming to have specific information leaked from a secret source. Either this is true, or he's lying. If it's true, he can prove it. If not, it's just spam, cluttering up the forum. Wide-eyed speculation is fine - claiming to have access to secret information with no evidence is not.

I work on the theory that anyone who claims to "know something but can't give details" should be disregarded. Cold hard facts only for me.
There's nothing wrong with speculation, but the "I know but can't say" routeen got old years ago.

Sam said:
James said:
So I don't see exactly why we've had to quickly disregard his posts. It's a discussion forum people! None of us know the details of this ride, lets have our crazy days and discuss every mad idea possible. :)

But it's not that James at all. He's not discussing or speculating, he's claiming to have specific information leaked from a secret source. Either this is true, or he's lying. If it's true, he can prove it. If not, it's just spam, cluttering up the forum. Wide-eyed speculation is fine - claiming to have access to secret information with no evidence is not.
Thing is, Sam. He is only posting information on the forum to see peoples reaction/views to it. Much like TT a few days ago posting that news article claiming certain elements of SW7. When people have sources, they are often asked by their source to keep them anonymous. So there's not much 'evidence' that can be given.

I trust what Gary is saying is legit. Gary has been an established member on here and TowersTimes, so I see no reason whatsoever for him to come on here and post lies - because honestly I believe he has been given information by a source of his.

At the end of the day, when we have sources we cannot post who/what the source is. This stands for a lot of people that are in the loop of sources. It's always a risk though, for TT a few days ago, for us, the TST team when we've posted articles we've had from sources and also for those members that are in contact with sources. It's a risk, and we all take the decision whether to believe the source and reveal the information, or to keep quiet and make sure the information is kept confidential.

It's just up to you whether you want to believe it or not. I myself take the sitting on the fence approach, as sources can sometimes get it wrong. However all these rumours are open for debate and I personally see no problem with people posting what they've heard on here - as long as they come across as genuine with their information.

I just think it's unfair Gary's been picked on when he's an established member and not like, as Dave mentioned, 'Leroy B&M' in 2009. Who was a member that was new and only posted with 'claims' regarding Th13teen - and did not contribute anything else to the rest of the forums.

Sam, sorry but I dont have to prove anything to you or the admins and i'm certainally not going reveal my source for obvious reasons.

To be honest I dont post on here that often, I tend to read the forums more now, and I certainally dont "troll" the pages of the forum, but I thought I would just add my two pence worth as to what I heard some time back, probably about 3 months back actually. But hey dont worry, youve made it quite clear that unless people post on here with the full names and details and evidence of developments, that we are to disregard their comments, even if that person ends up losing their job! (are you serious??)

I'm not overly bothered if people want to believe what I have said or not, after all this is a dicussion board and people are grown up enough to decide for themselves what they want to believe or disregard, up to them.

Make your own minds up, and as others have said, no-one will know for sure until the thing is built. As much as I trust my source (who has provided me with much information over the years which I have mostly kept to myself but which has turned out correct) its up to everyone else to interpret it as they wish. Im not saying people have to believe me, i'm just saying what i've been told.

Good day :)

Now that's everyone has their say could I kindly ask we now return to discussing SW7, please. :) If anyone would like to discuss the above then please feel free to take this to PM's, or contact myself via PM or email (jamesb[at]towersstreet.com).

Thank you. :)

"Noise from the planned new coaster was modelled based on a similar one located at
Thorpe Park. The Thorpe Park ride, “Saw” is the same type and manufacturer as the
proposed ride, including a “beyond vertical” drop."

This statement from the planning application still confuses me slightly. Is it saying that Saw is the same type/manufactuer AND also has a beyond vertical drop like the new ride OR it's the same type/manufactuer, BUT Saw also includes a beyond vertical drop.

I'm still envisioning a '360 degree' drop inside the building where as you leave the station you immediately fall into a loop.

Drawing.jpg

Anything like this exist anywhere else?

Isn't that just a dive loop? But anyway all I can hope for is that it will be an epic coaster, better than Saw I should think.

Tom said:
"Noise from the planned new coaster was modelled based on a similar one located at
Thorpe Park. The Thorpe Park ride, “Saw” is the same type and manufacturer as the

This statement from the planning application still confuses me slightly. Is it saying that Saw is the same type/manufactuer AND also has a beyond vertical drop like the new ride OR it's the same type/manufactuer, BUT Saw also includes a beyond vertical drop.

I'm still envisioning a '360 degree' drop inside the building where as you leave the station you immediately fall into a loop.

Drawing.jpg

I'm still on the assumption that they are referring to the fact that SAW HAS the beyond vertical drop therefore even though it is similar probably creates more noise.

alee298 said:
Isn't that just a dive loop? But anyway all I can hope for is that it will be an epic coaster, better than Saw I should think.

No, it isn't the same concept, as the track wouldn't twist at all, only bend around (you'd be hanging upside down as you passed through the bottom). This would also be the initial 'drop' of the ride, which seems to be what gets people into the record books.

I don't think that will be what happens merely because I feel it would come too soon in the ride - there would be no anticipation, build up or climax; things which are necessary for an effective ride, such as Oblivion. I think the trick track suggestion is more likely, as it seems more up Merlin's street to include a gimmick like what we have heard described in a new AT coaster.

Tom said:

Drawing.jpg

I agree with you there Tom, It would justify 'world beating' element, and as far as I can see, this could NEVER be beaten.

Would also explain the larger-than-expected hole appearing.

Would be quite extreme with the forces though, you wouldn't want a tight loop that's for sure, and ouch, imagine it stalling....

The Psychoaster said:
I don't think that will be what happens merely because I feel it would come too soon in the ride - there would be no anticipation, build up or climax; things which are necessary for an effective ride, such as Oblivion. I think the trick track suggestion is more likely, as it seems more up Merlin's street to include a gimmick like what we have heard described in a new AT coaster.

Who's to say there isn't in indoor / build up before this element, like SAW & its first drop. ( obviously without the lift )

I dont think, anymore, that we will see trick track after reading posts from numerous people. Not to mention the possible/probable problems.

In the event of stalling, a section at the bottom could be 'flippable' so when the train vallied out it could be returned to an upright position and save people's brains drowning in their own blood :lol:

As for there being no build up or suspense, I disagree - it could be implementable. However, I think the element of surprise also has a lot to be said for on a ride.

I also have resrevations about the trick track piece, it seems to be Gerstlaeur's way that they develop innovative track elements and drops.

stretchy said:

I think that the 'big' hole is under the station, making the below sound very plausible to me.

What else could it be? You couldn't fit much else as many people have said.

Re the stalling; If they work out the physics this should never happen unless a wheel falls off etc. Again though, the park are proactive with this keeping the cars & track well-maintained.

( not necessarily painted ;) )

Ever heard of negative-G induced red-outs? It's where too much blood is forced to the brain and can knacker up your vital blood vessels at as little as -2g! We'll probably never see outside-loops on sitdown coasters I'm afraid!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.