• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The Sanctuary Scaremaze I don't think will be directly related to the SW7 narrative, I think it will more go into the origin of the Ministry of Joy. I get the feeling the Ministry of Joy is going to be portrayed as the power behind he creation of X-Sector tying Oblivion (which has a very loose narrative anyway) into the new narrative. Then SW7 will have a slightly separate narrative in its own right but the Ministry of Joy will be used to tie the whole lot together.

That's my theory anyway.

I hope they use that logo like they did The Swarm's triangle logo and plastered it all over the ride and on merchandise!
Anyone else would love a hoodie with that logo on it? :p

Interesting image. People need to stop being fixated on it being the logo though, because it clearly isn't. It's more like a calling card from whoever is behind the Ministry of Joy to entice you towards whatever is happening at SW7

WARNING: ANOTHER PICTURE HEAVY POST!!

Photos from today (19th September).

First of all we start with the new spray paint "logos" that have appeared overnight. As you can see they lead from the top of Towers Street to X-Sector.

P1140239_zpsae85e652.jpg

P1140168_zpsfd40c9ba.jpg

P1140169_zps90a92775.jpg

P1140170_zps3b5c9fa3.jpg

P1140172_zps994e3a25.jpg

P1140173_zps6cb4397d.jpg

P1140174_zpse5488338.jpg

P1140175_zps60e0078c.jpg

Re-bars at the edge of the site awaiting use:
P1140176_zps76e5ae23.jpg

Here you can see that some of the steel beams have been partly painted black:
P1140191_zpsec0a9f14.jpg

Blue markings in a small hole up at the top of the site by the toilets:
P1140192_zps185d9324.jpg

More markings, wonder if "high" has any relevance?
P1140194_zps00a70d24.jpg

This photos shows where they were placing dumped dug up earth onto large trucks so it can be taken away; these trucks subsequently headed in the direction of Uttoxeter:
P1140200_zpsa75a137a.jpg

P1140203_zpse84fd9c5.jpg

More blue markings:
P1140204_zps7f7da2fa.jpg

P1140206_zps3011ecb3.jpg

The area where digging was taking place today:
P1140209_zps979e1c76.jpg

P1140216_zpse0ebee1f.jpg

P1140221_zps7786b9fc.jpg

Some concrete like material being brought down to the bottom of the site:
P1140211_zps924308ee.jpg

The steel beams that were delivered the other week are now being used, but not for the station. Here you can see where one is situated and the other is being moved into place:
P1140230_zps4cec64fc.jpg

P1140231_zps0ac225da.jpg

View from the top of the site. You can see three beams in total:
P1140233_zps2cbcfa66.jpg

P1140235_zps8d4dd8f0.jpg

P1140237_zps563154dd.jpg

Wonder what the beams are being used for there?

Hope you like. Just to note, as usual, all photos are taken from areas of the park fully accessible to the public. Please to do not replicate my photos without prior permission, and TowersStreet may use these photos if they wish!

:)

I have to say, those weird spray markings have got me very excited!

That's exactly the kind of cool, sexy marketing I want from a new secret weapon. More of this please Towers! :D

I think this is an utterly fabulous piece of marketing - it says very little but should get people very intrigued, because it looks so damn creepy, yet to people who've heard of Ministry Of Joy it so blatantly shows that!

As a Scarefest theme I have my concerns in that the idea of something intended to be happy being very menacing screams Carnival...but as part of SW7's theme it's brilliant :D

Rob said:
Wonder what the beams are being used for there?

I'm assuming they're going to be stood on end and cemented into the ground. They'll then all come together to create some form of support structure to hold the ground and station building above. I'm thinking there's going to be some form of underground bunker beneath the station and plaza. The possibilities... Awesome darkride intro pl0x! :D

The Psychoaster said:
Rupert said:
I remember Rob saying in the TTF Verbolten topic that both Intamin and Zierer use the same subcontractor to manufacture their track - seeing as the track types are so similar, couldn't Gerstlauer also be part of the same system?

Do any manufacturers beyond B&M and Mack actually make their own tracks?

Edit - I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, I have no idea about the authenticity of that photo or its relation to any project or company.

I thought B&M and Intamin both used Giovanola to fabricate their track, who in turn use this company to actually manufacture it?

Mr's B and M used to work for Giovanola, where they created many of the unique qualities of the Giovanola rides, including the box spine design. The pair left the company and spawned B&M, taking many of their designs and ideas with them. This included the track design, pre-drop, and stand up design amongst other things. That's how they were able to leave and create standup coasters so quickly :p

They more or less used Giovanola as their guinea pig, to trail their designs and ideas as they hadn't got the resources needed to do it themselves. They then refined their ideas before splitting off and developing their own, superior rides!

When Giovanola hit the rocks B&M took up a few of their assets if I remember rightly, and Intamin had some too, as they more or less owned them.

These days if I remember rightly B&M fabricate their own track, using both their own, and ex Gio resources. Intamin, Zierer, and Gerstlaurer use the same company to produce all theirs. It could be for any number of rides if that photo is from the track builder's warehouse I guess :)

Sam said:
I have to say, those weird spray markings have got me very excited!

That's exactly the kind of cool, sexy marketing I want from a new secret weapon. More of this please Towers! :D

...I hope not too excited.
Rob said:
As you can see they lead from the top of Towers Street to X-Sector.

P1140173_zps6cb4397d.jpg

Where exactly is that one may I ask? I have a idea but I wouldn't want to make a fool of myself. And surely that "High" sign is a quick notice.

Small Announcement

We have decided to merge the Construction photo topic and the SW7 discussion topic together. Discussion was a bit fragmented and the origional intention of the construction topic was just to have people post the pictures so we had an easy to browse log of images (on our previous incarnation). However thanks to the generosity of members such as Rob and our ability to get to the park quite regular we can keep the SW7 mini-site fairly up-to-date with construction as it happens.

Therefore don't forget to check-out the mini-site to see the archive of construction images here and if you happen to get some good images and your happy for TS to use them indicate so at the bottom of your post.

I'm intrigued as to the use of those metal supports in the pit, it does suggest that they are planning to support a roof above the hole. Those maybe it is just to support the sides of the pit.

My guess is as Dave says, to support the sides of the pit. If you look at the steel beams, they have sort of slots where metal sheeting of some sort could be lowered into place to hold back the earth once it gets back filled ready for them to place the track into the finished pit.

But we can all live in hope of some sort of bunker! After all, some of the frame work pieces do have a right angle section at one end! Maybe it is for some sort of roof! :D

Looking at the logo that's appeared I immediately thought it was an abstract take on the interlinked inversions.

Also - the eyes of the face are screaming "hypnosis" to me:

avatars-000006226001-xoglli-crop.jpg

ThemeParkJack said:
So far i've been told by a reliable source... They have put the steel structures in just for ground works. So the grounds supported.

That would make sense. Also, they are digging dangerously close to Oblivion's tunnel. The beams are certainly not forming any part of the station, as the station does not stretch out as far as they have been placed.

Sorry to double post, but The Ride Entertainment Group of Companies have posted another photo from the Gerstlauer factory:

377603_426457644056876_1034393012_n.jpg

Could this be SW7 track?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.