• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I like the way they have ventured away from the Oblivion style. i.e. loss of the Orange and replaced with neon yellow and a different font. If they are expecting to open on the 16th March they had better get thier skates on!

email01.gif

email02.gif

People on the mailing list will have received the above about an hour ago too. After a few days worrying about schedules, its nice to have something to brighten the mood!

I do think this suggests they are not running behind with the project at the moment (obviously we have winter to contend with) as the countdown makes it clear the opening date will be the 16th March. This along with what-ever is going on with the sanctuary makes me think we will have a very interesting October for SW7 even if construction is a bit non-eventful at the mo.

How exciting. The phrase 'world beating' is certainly an interesting one, it would seem odd of them to avoid using their favourite buzz words like 'worlds first' or 'record breaking' unless they don't apply.

It's worth noting that the current inversion record holder is Eejanaika which is recognised by the Guinness Book of Records as having 14. I know there's some debate over this as some of them are roll over inversions like Air but if Alton are after the record they'd have to reach 15 to truly take the crown.

For this reason I find it exceedingly unlikely. We only know of 8 which are already very tightly packed together. Space wise there isn't any way to fit in 15. The only option is some type of trick track but it would have to tip the cart upside down ~7 times all within 32 seconds (the time I previously calculated for the Block Break system).

Personally I'd rather they didn't try breaking that record :-\

Re: Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Nemesismad said:
I think it will be an inversions record, 14 inversions, as mentioned a while :)

Forgive me, but where was there talk of all these inversions?

Personally, any kind of record would be amazing for marketing, but we're assuming surely that things either happen indoors or the layout is different?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The internet says the definition of an 'advocate' is:

A person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.

Which actually fits into the theme quite well with the whole brainwashing/mental experiments type story.

No it doesn't

Participants, or volunteers wanted would be appropriate.

Advocates is asking for people to join their cause and promote it. What cause? Performing experiments on people is not 'a cause'

The Sancturary and SW7 marketting, really reminds me of the Bioshock theming and I do love that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yBFJ_Ks ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W61koipCzk

Or to some crazy extent Fallout: New Vegas: Old World Blues and Dead Money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFYz8L9 ... ure=relmfu

Dead Money, Ignore this guys commentary... almost sounds exactly the same as the sanctuary's description! :p (video will skip forward to the relevant part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGHGfwUE ... age#t=209s

I'm starting to like all this marketing! :)

EuroSatch said:
No it doesn't

Advocates is asking for people to join their cause and promote it. What cause? Performing experiments on people is not 'a cause'
The sinister smile could link this together. People go in normal and come out as 'advocates' perhaps without even realising it...

Re: Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

AstroDan said:
Nemesismad said:
I think it will be an inversions record, 14 inversions, as mentioned a while :)

Forgive me, but where was there talk of all these inversions?

Personally, any kind of record would be amazing for marketing, but we're assuming surely that things either happen indoors or the layout is different?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

it was somewhere near the beginning of of this thread !

mrbrightside said:
EuroSatch said:
No it doesn't

The sinister smile could link this together. People go in normal and come out as 'advocates' perhaps without even realising it...

Which is fine, except you don't ask beforehand!

Unless they will play on the idea that they want Advocates for the #getcorrected campaign

... Or they haven't looked at a dictionary :D

Why are they asking for 'advocates'? What happened to them implanting the idea via 'auto-suggestion'? ;)

Loving the New Marketing Campaign :) :) loving the theme already ....roll on March 2013 :d Counting down the days now and can not wait to see more and more :):)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.