• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think the face on the merch is a good idea for the clothing, but the mug seems a little lame. Can't complain though, it's not even out until March!

I don't know whether this has been mentioned before and it may be totally crazy, but couldn't they make X sector into "The Ministry of Joy"?

Oblivion is meant to be some government initiative or something like that? They could claim the initiative was the beginnings of TMOJ? The whole sector needs a refresh anyway so they may just do the job fully and refurb the lot?

Coastermaster said:
if your wondering why it hasn't been added to rcdb this is why

You've asked me this once before didn't you?

Anyway, I don’t list coasters until track is on site or the park makes a real public announcement. The teaser stuff the park has done to date I don’t care about.

As you said, there isn't any track on site yet. So give it time. There really isn't any value in adding an entry with no details to the site.

Duane

Am I missing something here? ??? At the end of the day, RCDB is just a website. An unofficial one for rollercoasters at that. It isn't endorsed or run by an association (such as IAAPA) or government body (such as culture.gov.uk), so I guess it's simply up to the independent webmaster as to how inaccurate the database is.

Back on topic, the stats given by This is Staffordshire do look appetizing - particularly the length of the coaster.

I'm very pleased to see the length of the coaster. A lot longer than anything else at Towers. For comparison, it is about 400 feet longer than Blue Fire!

Now, I am 100% that the track on the plans is incorrect. What we see will probably be similar in terms of where high points are and rough layout as to where the coaster goes etc but I don't think it is now possible for the track to be as it is on this plans. The same goes for the plaza underneath the ride. The plans show that the ground level is going to made lower for where the plaza is, the work they have been doing makes this pretty much impossible. The obvious cut and cover work is taller than current ground lever. I have photos from the weekend that I will get online tomorrow that help illustrate this.

:)

Asuming there is some kind of underground section... and assuming there will be inversions in it.... not counting any trick track elements, how about this:
What about a barrel roll that turns a corner, rather than being in a straight line? You start to bank as you enter the turn, but keep on turning. That would be a new element as far as I know.

Isn't everyone forgetting the spider? It's all well and good saying the high points are accurate but the rest not, it's also got to fit through the legs of the spider and through the head choppers.

I still believe the layout on the plans is the layout they are building.

DiogoJ42 said:
Asuming there is some kind of underground section... and assuming there will be inversions in it.... not counting any trick track elements, how about this:
What about a barrel roll that turns a corner, rather than being in a straight line? You start to bank as you enter the turn, but keep on turning. That would be a new element as far as I know.
Ooh, now that's a good point. Didn't BigAl come up with that concept in NoLimits?

Blaze said:
Isn't everyone forgetting the spider? It's all well and good saying the high points are accurate but the rest not, it's also got to fit through the legs of the spider and through the head choppers.

Thing is the layout on the plans clashes with one bit of the theming. Ok it would only need a slight modification but to me it screams that the coaster plans submitted are just a rough layout. I think parts will be the same as the plans, but other parts will differ. It also appears that the underground section is going to be quite substantial and take up a lot more space than expected initially.

Blaze said:

I wonder if we will ever see that spider. I have a feeling that the theming shown in the plans was based around an entirely different theme to the one that the coaster will now be based on.
It just doesn't seem to fit in with this whole Sanctuary storyline.

Is it confirmed that the area cordoned off in the minibus parking is for SW7 track or is that just a guess? Wouldn't of thought much would fit there as they have Scarefest & Fireworks coming up which need that space - Maybe a few items could go there like a few supports or other building supplies. Maybe they will use car park J (I think it was J) that they used for Th13teen track & ABC Tower parts? Makes more sense...

We need someone camping out in car park J and the minibus parking lot! 8)

I heard track is going on the staff car park behind Duel, not sure how it will fit though as it's not the biggest area. Unless they place a little track, transport it to the site and then bring more to the car park ? Only time will tell

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Is it confirmed that the area cordoned off in the minibus parking is for SW7 track or is that just a guess? Wouldn't of thought much would fit there as they have Scarefest & Fireworks coming up which need that space - Maybe a few items could go there like a few supports or other building supplies. Maybe they will use car park J (I think it was J) that they used for Th13teen track & ABC Tower parts? Makes more sense...

We need someone camping out in car park J and the minibus parking lot! 8)

That was just a guess from me. I think they did plan to use car park J for the track, back when it was due to arrive at the start of September. But obviously things have all been pushed back. They will be very reluctant to use J for track now as they will want all the tarmac car parks they can get available for Scarefest and Fireworks. J has generator floodlights in it at present for use as a car park. It is of course worth checking it out for track still, I shall be doing that on Saturday just incase!

Nemesismad said:
I heard track is going on the staff car park behind Duel, not sure how it will fit though as it's not the biggest area. Unless they place a little track, transport it to the site and then bring more to the car park ? Only time will tell

Here:
TrackStorage_zpsd1c51938.jpg

Or the bit to the back left of Duel where they store things like odd Rapids Boats/The Flume boats and other stuff?

Dylan said:
Blaze said:

I wonder if we will ever see that spider. I have a feeling that the theming shown in the plans was based around an entirely different theme to the one that the coaster will now be based on.
It just doesn't seem to fit in with this whole Sanctuary storyline.

I can't believe I am saying this but I wouldn't mind forfeiting the spider if it means not having the rest of the dreary theme that goes with it.

However, I think the theme in the plans will be more or less what we will get.

DiogoJ42 said:
Oi! *shakes fist* :p

The problem with this is that I made a few different versions of it and each time the lateral forces looked a little uncomfortable.

The first version I made was large and flipped all the way around. I called it a bowtie roll because it looks like a bow tie ( a bit :p ) from above:

BowTieRoll5.jpg

BowTieRoll2.jpg

Here I made a half turn where the car banked outwards and under the track for an upside down launch which was a little better, but it's size meant that the forces didn't drop much.

Stealth-BelowtheRadar-120203184856011.jpg

I assume this is what you mean, right? :p For anyone to use these, the car would need to be travelling very slowly and the turn would have to be sloping just right so that the speed of the car wouldn't increase or decrease as it went through it. It'd be funny it there was one on SW7 though. :p

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Nemesismad said:

Here:
TrackStorage_zpsd1c51938.jpg

Or the bit to the back left of Duel where they store things like odd Rapids Boats/The Flume boats and other stuff?

That's the one mate :) right there ;D

Not quite what I had in mind, Al. I was thinking of turning in the oposite direction, with the banking rather than against it. I was also thinking it would be a 180' turn, rather than a 90' corner.

...Apart from that, you got there first ;)

I'm not sure your all on the track here if you parden the pun.
I think 64 passengers at a time relates to the amount of people let into the loading area at one time, now if we assume 2 loading areas that equals 32 people per train.
That's right TRAIN,8 rows of 4, I'm sorry to all you knockers and eurofighter haters but I think this confirms SW7 will not be a eurofighter but a new development by Gerst. and it makes sence to me.
Gerst is known for the Eurofighter but engineering company's wish to develop there products so why would they keep on banging out the same product forever.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.