• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Selected rides opening from 11:00am - Reversed

Re: Re: Selected rides opening from 11:00am

DiogoJ42 said:
I guess as well that as the majority of staff are so young, they probably have less idea of their rights, and are just happy to have a job in the first place, and don't want to rock the boat. Of course, M£rlin take advantage of this...

As a fellow temp, Merlin are not the only company to use this strategy, temps have almost no rights, and they can be fired with only a week's notice with no reason as its part of their contract.

We are the disposable little people in the workforce.

So a union won't work I'm afraid. Especially since the number of temps is in the majority versus the number of perms... I also bet the perms have great cushy jobs, which they won't complain about.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

From TowersStreet News:

Alton Towers reverse late ride openings.

Just over a week since TowersStreet broke the news that several of Alton Towers attractions would open an hour later than the rest of the park we can reveal that the decision has been reversed.

For 5 days the following attractions did not open until 11am: Air, Th13teen, Duel, Skyride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Wobble World, Battle Galleons and the Driving School.
At present the only attractions which will open at 11am are the Flume and Congo River Rapids, as has been the case for several seasons.
TowersStreet members were critical of the move which was believed to have been introduced as a cost-saving measure.

The reasons behind the reversal has not been confirmed, however it is believed to have been a strong negative reaction from the public. This is not the first time this season a controversial decision has been overturned, initially Enterprise and Submission were going to be closed for several months and the sky ride faced closure on off peak days however both of these decisions were changed late on.

Has this been taken into effect immediately? So they're all open now at normal times?

Sounds like Merlin are being very indecisive in their decision making, maybe they're trying to make a bad decision, and then overturn them to make them look good again?

Though this is good news for guests, whenever I hear of a cut being reversed I always worry about what will be next...

Its nice to hear Alton and even Merlin for that point are listening to the general public and taking things on board! And its good to know that the general public dont agree with all these cuts and that they are picking up on them, the hotter they are on there back the quicker Alton are to reverse it in a somewhat ''I told you so'' style.

Well I have just fell off my chair with shock! ;) I gave it two weeks and they managed 5 days.

So, here's the new game, what do we think they will try next? ::)

I think that all of these sharp u-turns are for cost cutting but are reversed for the fear of them losing us as enthusiasts.

This is seriously ridiculous now, I'd rather have some smaller areas shut till eleven than another crazy Merlin twist.

Wow. Thank god!
I think that maybe if Merlin opened rides like Enterprise, Submission, Duel Hex, Ripsaw, the blade and CCL at 11, that wouldn't be too bad?

Classic Merlin - a soap opera could be devised based on the carry-on that has gone on in the past few months. Cutback Bingo anyone? I place my bets on CCL opening at midday next :p

This is like a very weird, very long game of pass the parcel, but the parcel is full of crap. Oblivion passed it onto Submission, Submission passed it on to Skyride, Skyride passed it on to Th13teen!

To introduce something remarkably unpopular, without realising it'll be unpopular, is bad.

Once you realise it is unpopular, to reverse it is good.

However, to have u-turn after u-turn after u-turn... this is actually crazy.

It is making them look ridiculous - but at least we are going the right way.

Im just hoping this is the last silly cut, that they will then have to embarrassingly have to overturn.

Anyone know if this reversal is just for the cuts to the attractions, or are those across retail and F&B reversed as well?

attractions only it appears, if the F&B and retail decisions are also reversed there will be a news story for that too.

How about no cuts at all? This is one of the UK's leading short break theme parks and resorts! It's the flag ship of Merlin and its the crown duel of the whole group!

A company as big as Merlin shouldnt be making such cuts at theme parks when you compare it to other parks in the UK let alone Europe!

So... What's the next plan we'll see? Whilst I didn't think this would be reversed, I saw a plan like this coming when the Skyride plan was changed. Now this one has gone, it will only be a matter of time until a new one takes its place... Restricted/removal of ERT anyone?

Yup. My money is also on ERT going. They'll probably close all the ORP booths as well.

Seriously, Towers is dead to me. I no longer care.