• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tennis Discussion

Alastair

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Rise of the Resistance
Not sure if this exists on here yet, if so then just move this post to it.

Although I'm not much of a tennis fan, I enjoy watching the four grand slams - and with Roland Garros just gone and Wimbledon about to start this is a good time to get into the Murray spirit :)

On another note, did anyone see the Queen's Final? Nalbandian got disqualified for kicking the linesman in anger - not great for the linesman but what a stupid way to waste all of that effort :-\

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEFvFWKKNA[/youtube]

Adz95 said:
The Psychoaster said:
Murray spirit :)

Pfft, Djokovic for me all the way mate. ;)

I reckon the Wimbledon final will be Murray vs Djokovic - with Murray knocking out Federer in the semis. Hopefully Murray will find some steel to close out a Grand Slam for the first time.

Re: Re: Tennis Discussion

Stelios said:
Or Inser and Mahut any day.

Mahut BARNES tbh. And the Bryan Twins ;)

Looking to other talents of sportsmen, I'm a big fan of Djokovic - really glad he broke through!

Looking forward to The Championships this year!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nalbandian... what a BADASS!

He really shouldn't have done that though. What a twonk.

What Nalbandian did was stupid - he should have taken his anger out in private rather than kick the linesman.

Lottie. said:
What Nalbandian did was stupid - he should have taken his anger out in private rather than kick the linesman.

It's just spur of the moment anger, almost impossible to control. I agree though a sportsman like him should have been experienced enough not to get into that state in the first place.

Line judges always get it in the neck. Or the shin.

I'm not sure what he did was anything worse than the "swing wildly at the ball when you cock up and to hell with the consequences".

It should have cost him money, but I don't think it should have cost him the match, as he clearly wasn't intending to assault the line judge.

I'm not huge on tennis, but I like Wimbledon and Rafael Nadal is one of my favourite sportsmen. I love his slice shot and athleticism.

Tom said:
I'm not huge on tennis, but I like Wimbledon and Rafael Nadal is one of my favourite sportsmen. I love his slice shot and athleticism.

The way he comes around with such speed onto his forehand from what looks like a backhand position is astonishing also. I have to say though, I will require evidence to prove that he isn't on steroids. His arms are abnormally huge. ;)

I think we can safely assume Nalbandian thought the boards were more solid than they were, and would be able to withstand his aggression. It's a shame the match had to end the way it did, but those are the rules. Tim Henman was once disqualified from Wimbledon for hitting a ball at one of the ball kids in anger, albeit accidentally.

Anyway, this time of year is always great for tennis fans, with Roland Garros, Queens and Wimbledon on our screens in the space of a couple of months. It'd be great if Murray could break the drought of British champions at Wimbledon, but realistically it's hard to see beyond one of the top 3 winning it.

If you're deliberately violent and end up assaulting someone, even if the injury to the person was accidental, of course you should be immediately disqualified from the match. It's simply not acceptable to go into a huff and start smashing things up, it's not on at all. They're grown men, professional adults, not toddlers.

Wimbledon

What's that I smell? It's that time of year again for strawberries and cream! Wimbledon is back! Who are you rooting for? (Michalis Baghdatis for me) Will Murray finally triumph? (No) Will the epic duel of John Inser and Nicholas Mahut be reunited again? (Probably not)

Re: Wimbledon

I'm just glad I no longer have to work on it. It's a pain to get to, security getting in to the site took forever, and I used to have to spend all day working my arse off, cooped up in worse-than-submarine conditions in a dark OB truck. The only saving grace was having a beer on the roof of the media building at the end of the day, while watching the sun set.

Having said that, it was impressive from a technical point of view. The ammount of planning, hardware and manpower that goes into broadcasting all the different courts is hard to believe unless you've seen it for yourself. I dread to think how much is going in to the Olympics! :p

Anyway, that's all I have to say about it. Sport.... urgh. *shudders*

Re: Wimbledon

DiogoJ42 said:
I'm just glad I no longer have to work on it. It's a pain to get to, security getting in to the site took forever, and I used to have to spend all day working my arse off, cooped up in worse-than-submarine conditions in a dark OB truck. The only saving grace was having a beer on the roof of the media building at the end of the day, while watching the sun set.

Having said that, it was impressive from a technical point of view. The ammount of planning, hardware and manpower that goes into broadcasting all the different courts is hard to believe unless you've seen it for yourself. I dread to think how much is going in to the Olympics! :p

Anyway, that's all I have to say about it. Sport.... urgh. *shudders*

Just out of interest, what did you work as? :)

Easy win for Novak today. Mind you, Ferrero's never been much cop on grass.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2