• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Hotels: A Journey

The new system does at present have a rather frustrating downgrade from the Holiday Extras one, previously when adding park or water park tickets you could choose how many you wanted, and for Waterpark and 1 day theme park tickets which day of your stay you wanted them for.

The new system is an ‘all or nothing’ approach so you can either add no tickets, or tickets for everyone on the booking. This is pretty inflexible, especially for the Waterpark as you may have non swimmers etc who don’t need tickets. It also leaves guests not knowing which day they can use their 1 day tickets.

Hopefully it is something they address quickly.

Although I still have my concerns after that opening weekend lack-of-discount thing.

No booking system can make up its own rule about not giving discounts on a certain date - that is decided by a human (or group of) and told to the booking system.

Smells like greed and corporate goalpost changes to me.

No booking system can make up its own rule about not giving discounts on a certain date - that is decided by a human (or group of) and told to the booking system.

Smells like greed and corporate goalpost changes to me.
There's a concept known as GIGO in computing - garbage in, garbage out. 'Garbage' covers a multitude of sins, particularly when it comes to humans interacting with a new system, not fully understanding the effect of what they're telling it to do...

It’s probably an AI system which links in to everyone’s phones, reads their messages and can determine when people are going to visit and hence whacks the prices up for that exact time!

No. For a whole multitude of legal reasons, no.

Not yet.

On a similar note though a well known holiday company uses cookies on you device to see what other holidays you have been looking at and in which price range, it uses your location to see how wealthy you are, and uses past holiday history to see how much you are willing to spend. It then delivers you a price which may be different to someone else. Hence why it’s always worth using a privacy mode when looking to book something.

Not yet.

On a similar note though a well known holiday company uses cookies on you device to see what other holidays you have been looking at and in which price range, it uses your location to see how wealthy you are, and uses past holiday history to see how much you are willing to spend. It then delivers you a price which may be different to someone else. Hence why it’s always worth using a privacy mode when looking to book something.
Real-time price updating, based on a user's habits and previous purchase history, isn't new to the web, let alone the hospitality industry. You ultimately have control of the information that you give a web service and can refuse cookie access.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone knwo the current prices at Flambos Jambo, as they arent listed on the website, or at least not clearly?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone knwo the current prices at Flambos Jambo, as they arent listed on the website, or at least not clearly?
The price has jumped around (well, up!) a fair bit lately, so not sure of the exact current one. I believe it's just under £28 for adults at last look though, probably just shy of £20 for juniors.

The price has jumped around (well, up!) a fair bit lately, so not sure of the exact current one. I believe it's just under £28 for adults at last look though, probably just shy of £20 for juniors.

And I don’t think that includes a drink anymore either!

Having not paid much attention to the treehouse prices during winter before I am not sure how much this differs from usual, but for anyone interested it looks like there are some fairly good prices (relatively speaking) during Feb half term.

Just found a date for £550, since this is the same price for up to 8 people and includes Waterpark, golf, breakfast and access to the FHT line up it’s seems pretty good.

IMG_6096.jpeg

Having not paid much attention to the treehouse prices during winter before I am not sure how much this differs from usual, but for anyone interested it looks like there are some fairly good prices (relatively speaking) during Feb half term.

Just found a date for £550, since this is the same price for up to 8 people and includes Waterpark, golf, breakfast and access to the FHT line up it’s seems pretty good.

IMG_6096.jpeg
Yeah just the waterpark would normally cost £144 for eight people. Although standard hotel room for two adults two kids would be £195 for same dates so treehouse will be a little more than two rooms but significantly more space.

Last edited:
If they are going to charge folks £45 to have a cake, balloon and CBeebies blob thing in their hotel room, they could at least make the effort of taking it out of the ruddy Brakes box.

Zero pride in the product here.

IMG_6138.jpeg

IMG_6139.jpeg

Photos from Trip Advisor review.
Jeez thats terrible, where is the pride in their product! Take it out the box, provide actual cutlery and plates. If you are concerned about leaving it open then get a properly themed box. You are paying a fee for a service, if you just wanted a cake in a box with a disposable knife you could have brought your own!

It’s practical really, at least they’ll have the batch codes on hand to report to Brakes if the cake makes them ill 🤷‍♀️

They can also go on the Brakes website and put the F code on the box in to find out what kind of mark up the cake has if they were really curious.

Edit: I got curious https://www.brake.co.uk/bakery/sweet-bakery/cakes/round-cakes/brakes-celebration-cake/p/53238?term=Celebration cake

At £13 for a frozen cake it might be a little overpriced, but the markup to £45 including a toy and balloon (and VAT) plus delivery to the room isn't then terrible, if they had actually provided some added value to the service and delivered it with some extras like actual plates, maybe a card "signed" by Iggle Piggle or something.

Probably wouldn’t have hurt to make sure it’s actually on-brand with the current logo too.

Did anyone check the expiry date?.. 🤣
No no...let's try to regress back to the old logo please! Nothing right with that new one. :tearsofjoy:

In all seriousness though, I hope the hotels have some serious and proper TLC next closed season. It would be good to see more investment on the resort side of things. Over the years we've lost Tree Top Quest, the Spa and decent-ish ents offerings and interactivity from themed elements etc...its poor.

Last edited: