• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Islander said:
So many people say "PM me if you want to talk", which is great, it really is, but for so many people asking for help is a remarkably, remarkably difficult thing to do.

To do it once in a thread like this takes a huge amount of courage, as it were. To do it again, in the form of a PM or similar, is much harder.

I actually found it much easier to talk one on one with a forum member in Chat (you know who you are) when I was going through (still am) my troubles. I can understand what you mean about sometimes posts get the tumbleweed reply while others get lots of offers of help.
I tend to get a bit of the old tumbleweed as well :)

I was a little surprised when talking to some people that they did not really want to help but I did find someone who was a great help. I think I found him listening as much help as anything.

All people have their own problems so some don't want to take on other peoples problems but I would suggest to anyone to take up the offers of help that are on here.

Islander said:
So many people say "PM me if you want to talk", which is great, it really is, but for so many people asking for help is a remarkably, remarkably difficult thing to do.

To do it once in a thread like this takes a huge amount of courage, as it were. To do it again, in the form of a PM or similar, is much harder.

Mark, we're here for you as support and always willing to help you out. It's understandable that courage to post about your own issues is tough but as many have said do take up our offers even if posts are lost in this topic. It's never out of ignorance, lacking in care etc because people do care and a lot of us want to help out.

We are all here for you :)

NastyPasty said:
Moley said:
Ben. said:
Come to a meet and you will see, so you’re not alone there.

Been there, done that.

That's the post of a depressed person who needs help. You've deleted your original post, but I urge you to PM me if you're feeling upset about something. I may be able to offer some help towards you. :)

Thanks but I couldn't manage an hour knowing my 'story' was on a forum of strangers so the idea of someone having a permanent record of it and more is even more terrifying.

Ok, Moley, I understand your point. Well, if you feel like Skyping or even calling me via phone, just PM and I'll be right there for a less permanent form of support. Hope your situation rectifies itself if not. :)

Islander said:
Trouble is, some of us have posted a couple of times in here, and received little more than tumbleweed, whilst watching others gain loads of responses. Hence my post.

However, if that's such a trivial matter, I'll just go and crawl back into my hole.

Im sorry you feel this way. I try to reply to all posts i see on this thread, only if it is moral support.
I come here to support any member of the community. If i miss a post then i apology.

I usually don't give love life advice as I have a history of messing up my own love life, and don't want to mess anyone elses up :D

Islander said:

I understand where you are coming from. I myself find it extremely difficult to talk to others (as a few people on here will know what I'm like) when I'm feeling down. I never said thank you for messaging me a few weeks ago on Facebook Islander. Although at the time, much like I am (and I'm sure many others are like), I was in a depressed state and closed down, didn't want to talk to anyone or share my feelings.

I see this topic as working in two ways. Those who use it to vent, to be able to post what they feel to a bunch of strangers. Then you have the second way, people who post in need of help from others.

Islander said:
Trouble is, some of us have posted a couple of times in here, and received little more than tumbleweed, whilst watching others gain loads of responses. Hence my post.

However, if that's such a trivial matter, I'll just go and crawl back into my hole.
A tricky one. I know that I've read posts sometimes and never replied to them. Although this is generally due to me not knowing how to reply or what to say to them. I often get involved when I understand what the person is going through. So I've had two members approach me with sexuality issues in the past, I understand this because I went through it a few years ago - and I have gotten involved recently with Georgia's post due to me having done a study on teenage behaviours and influences to have the perfected image as fed to them via the biggest influence, the media.

It's not to say that any of us intentionally ignore particular posts - and I think it would be a shame if you thought of people like that on here.

At the end of the day, some of us offer help - if the person that id down does not want private conversations then that's fair enough, I understand that completely. But the offer is always there, and I think it's very nice of people on here to offer support and help like that. There's one member on here who has helped me greatly over the past few years, and I'm also thankful for people such as yourself Islander that offer help now and again.

Got offered an extra shift at work today... Had to turn it down to sit in the house all day and wait for an electrician because my Mum is at work! So not only do I lose out on 50quid, but it could be for nothing as he may not even be able to come today! Why can't people be more precise with their times, as I now have to sit in the house unable to go anywhere in this lovely weather!! :(

Failed my driving test yesterday :( Decent drive with only 5 minors, however on the second junction after leaving the test centre I pulled out too close to a car and picked up a major for serious observation. So irritating, knowing that I went through that whole test for nothing!

Ah well, at least it was only my first attempt.

It wasn't for nothing, all driving is experience. Now you know what's acceptable for your next test! :)

I passed first time, but I had 8 minors so I think that says you're a good driver to only have 5. You'll get there! :)

It wasn't all for nothing, take on what was said about the faults. you now know what to expect the next time you go for it.

I did not pass first time. I passed on my second go (2 minors). and as Dar said, all driving is experience. It sound like as long as you keep your head next time with 5 minors this time you should pass.

Sending someone a serious text then bricking yourself till they reply. This one may break a friendship but I hope it will forward it into something more than a friendship......

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Poison Tom 96 said:
Sending someone a serious text then bricking yourself till they reply. This one may break a friendship but I hope it will forward it into something more than a friendship......

Takes balls that, good luck! :)

Good luck, man. The wait's a killer. Be sure to let us know how you get on, and I'm here if you need advice or perspective, no matter what the reply. :)

Poison Tom 96 said:

Good luck ;D

I did something stupid, if anyone's read my previous posts about that Alex girl, well I explained my situation, we had this long massive talk about it all and she is the same, anyway something did happen but she goes back home on Sunday :(

I set up a partnership business with a friend two years ago, and it never got anywhere. He opened the account, and chose to take on a "special help scheme" offered by Barclays, costing £30 a month for 12 months without asking me.

Anyway, I paid off the first 6 months and left him to pay off the last 6 months. Now, 18 months on, I find that he hasn't paid a penny of it off and my credit rating is suffering. Because of this, I've been refused an overdraft and cannot afford to put the deposit down on my house for my second year at university.

So it looks like I owe lots of money and have no way of getting out of this hole, with even my second year at uni looking more like a distant dream each day.

:'(

The relationship thing probably has gone completely tits up and I feel terrible about it :(

Also my dads modern car needs a new Alternator by the sounds of it :( In stark contrast the minor which is 44 years old has just passed its MOT with no adviseries :)