• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

My general emotions have been all over the shop for too long now.

I'm fluctuating so much it's ridiculous, but right now I feel really really really really rubbish.

There's no reason, like, I honestly don't know what's getting me down, but it's rubbish and it's not who I want to be and I'm sorry and I'll probably delete this soon because I've had some amazing times recently and no doubt many more are to come but I spend so much time just moping like a complete idiot.

raargh.

Went to watch Magic Mike at the cinema, and while I was gone my housemates dog went to town on my iPad. Thankfully the screen is completely damage free, but the back is horrendously scratched.

I really hate that dog.

It is good there is no damage to stop it working. but it is not nice to see your stuff getting damaged like that, is this the dog your house mate wont train.

It may be time to remind him the cost of the ipad, and ask if he is willing to pay if his dog writes it off.

delta79 said:
It is good there is no damage to stop it working. but it is not nice to see your stuff getting damaged like that, is this the dog your house mate wont train.

Yeah it is :/

It's a bit better than it used to be (it can now sit), but for me the dog has very little redeeming features - its noisy, it bites, it constantly makes a mess.

He wouldn't pay - the way he sees it, anything the dog can get at is fair game because it's only a puppy, therefore it can destroy things.

Urgh. Dogs are so over-rated. Any pet too big to sit on your lap is a waste.

You need to demand that he pays damage costs for the iPad, not the whole thing, but a significant proportion of what it would cost to buy a new one. It's his puppy, and anything it does is his responsibility. Otherwise you should get the police involved, he owes you that money.

Dogs need a firm hand (not literally), it's a shame that so many are spoilt and chew shoes etc even into adulthood.

I should be at the Towers now with the Specul Rum peeps.

I was allowed to go solo if I could organize my own transport. So after already proving my independence to get the early bus to my local train station I just miss out on the 7:13 to Uttox. And t'was pouring with rain and there is my Mum with her car telling me that I can't get the next train...

I couldn't believe it, but I could see why if she had a change of heart meets-wise.

Ashlee the only thing i can suggest is when you are not in your bedroom you keep the door closed, and anything you don't want the dog to get you leave in there, unless it with you. and tell your housemate that your bedroom is out of bounds to the dog.

and do both of you rent the house, if so have you checked the tendency agreement, as some limit the types of pets you can have.

Sam said:
you should get the police involved, he owes you that money.

Police won't get involved as its a civil matter and even then a civil court is likely to take the view that a dogs owner is not responsible for its pets actions.

Best thing I can suggest is....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Snap-Ba ... 1110024586

I brought one for mine to stop back getting scratched any further.... Also hides existing scratches... Variety of colours etc, for the money not bad at all!

(no I'm not the seller plugging my auctions!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry to be selfish, but I need somewhere to unwind. I'm 15, almost 16, and there's this girl I like. We're best friends and recently I've developed really, really strong feelings for her, different to things I've felt before. Usually it's "Wow, that girl's hot" etc. but this time all I want is to be close to her, and I care about her a HUGE deal. It's that old age question of whether I risk the friendship, and normally I'd be against this but I feel like I'm living a lie, talking to her as if I don't like her in such a way. Sorry if this seems a bit pathetic, but I need some advice.

It's not selfish and it's not pathetic.

I would recommend figuring out if she holds any feelings towards you before making a move, per se, such as watching her body language. If she's definitely more comfortable with you and treats you differently to other guys she knows then you have a chance. When it comes to approaching her just be yourself and take your time, worst comes to worst she'll say no. Don't convince yourself otherwise from assumptions.

:)

Today is the last day of term for all schools... Thus from next week I will be working 7 days a week thanks to it being the start of peak season! Grrrr.

I'll give it about 4 days until I loose my enthusiasm! Not so Choo Choo :p

Sammy said:
Today is the last day of term for all schools... Thus from next week I will be working 7 days a week thanks to it being the start of peak season! Grrrr.

I'll give it about 4 days until I loose my enthusiasm! Not so Choo Choo :p
Do you want us to come to Clifton to help cheer you up? ;)

NastyPasty said:
Sorry to be selfish, but I need somewhere to unwind. I'm 15, almost 16, and there's this girl I like. We're best friends and recently I've developed really, really strong feelings for her, different to things I've felt before. Usually it's "Wow, that girl's hot" etc. but this time all I want is to be close to her, and I care about her a HUGE deal. It's that old age question of whether I risk the friendship, and normally I'd be against this but I feel like I'm living a lie, talking to her as if I don't like her in such a way. Sorry if this seems a bit pathetic, but I need some advice.

Dude there's nothing wrong with that. You just have to be careful when it comes to delicate situations like this. Don't do the macho thing and rush in, spend some time with her, spend some time out of school and just see how she acts. Inevitably it will lead to a plunge though, which is daunting. But even if she says no she wont be offended. It must be flattering at very least. It's kind of a catch 22, I know this isn't much of a help but hopefully its encouraging

Ok, earlier I talked about an issue regarding an ex. Well since then is has become apparent that I'm a moron, a real idiot haha. Basically yesterday she came round to mine (without former arrangement) and insisted we went to town. Well at first it was great, he had a laugh, we talked, arsed around and acted like mates. it was just like before we ever got together. And then, I don't know, something just went twang and all these feeling just came flooding back. It was ridiculous, I couldn't look her in the eye, I couldn't maintain proper conversation and just wasn't on the same wavelength. She is one of those people that are naturally flirty, shes like it with everybody, but christ that didn't help at all. And to add insult to injury, my mum who lives her asked her to stay the night last night. So I have essentially just had a full two days of stopping my self from having a full on break down, or doing something regrettable. See the thing is, I don't know what shes about, she keeps randomly dropping hints and saying things like "me and Kevin aren't really a couple". But even so I know if anything did happen I would just be in the same state as last year, and that's not a good place to be. There is another thing also, but I'm not going to mention it publicly, if you really want to know PM me. I don't know, I'm not looking for advice, it just feels better once its out there. :-[

Ben. said:
Basically yesterday she came round to mine (without former arrangement) and insisted we went to town. Well at first it was great, he had a laugh, we talked, arsed around and acted like mates. it was just like before we ever got together. And then, I don't know, something just went twang and all these feeling just came flooding back. It was ridiculous, I couldn't look her in the eye, I couldn't maintain proper conversation and just wasn't on the same wavelength. She is one of those people that are naturally flirty, shes like it with everybody, but christ that didn't help at all. And to add insult to injury, my mum who lives her asked her to stay the night last night. So I have essentially just had a full two days of stopping my self from having a full on break down, or doing something regrettable. See the thing is, I don't know what shes about, she keeps randomly dropping hints and saying things like "me and Kevin aren't really a couple". But even so I know if anything did happen I would just be in the same state as last year, and that's not a good place to be.

Considering just how much it's affected you in the past, I would suggest asking her downright what is happening between you both rather than letting all these different conflicting emotions get the worse of you. You deserve a reason for her sudden appearance and behaviour, you shouldn't let her waltz back in as if there weren't any problems beforehand.

NastyPasty- As a more 'mature' (read old) member here I'd like to also point out that it is entirely true that when you get older you only regret the things you didn't do, not the things you did.

I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you'll be laughing to yourself about stupid things you'll say and the knockbacks you'll receive in the pursuit of the ladies. But you'll be kicking yourself if your head is full of what ifs and missed opportunities, because unless you try you'll never know and that not knowing can be hard to deal with later in life when these things are behind you and the opportunities gone forever.

Give it a go and be honest with her. If it is not reciprocated and she really is a true friend your friendship will survive.

Good Luck!