• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

MrMutterson- Surely it is criminal damage as a result of negligence on the part of the dog's owner? I wouldn't have thought that was a purely civil case?

pluk said:
NastyPasty- As a more 'mature' (read old) member here I'd like to also point out that it is entirely true that when you get older you only regret the things you didn't do, not the things you did.

I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you'll be laughing to yourself about stupid things you'll say and the knockbacks you'll receive in the pursuit of the ladies. But you'll be kicking yourself if your head is full of what ifs and missed opportunities, because unless you try you'll never know and that not knowing can be hard to deal with later in life when these things are behind you and the opportunities gone forever.

Give it a go and be honest with her. If it is not reciprocated and she really is a true friend your friendship will survive.

Good Luck!

That's one of the best pieces of advice I've ever received. You've cleared things up enormously. I honestly can't thank you enough. :)

Meat pie - Owners are not accountable for their pets actions in the eyes of the law. Frustrating I know but unless it's a controlled / dangerous breed (and they are only covered for offences against person) it's not covered by the criminal law system.

You would have thought common decency applied on the dog owners part but sadly it's frequently not the case.

(I really will regret this later..)

So yeah, a while back I applied for modelling, hoping it would rid of my insecurity. I got offered, but had to turn it down in the end. I submitted a photo that really wasn't 'me' (but nothing rude!), I wasn't too happy with it.
Looking back on it, something really needs to be done about my weight. It's gotten to the point where I can't even fit into size 6's anymore, my ribcage and hips stick out. I really don't know what I should do, because I want to lose more weight. But I don't want to seek a doctor because I'm scared they'll force me to put weight on.

Le sigh.

Well, Georgia...

I'm a fifteen year old lad, sat miles away in his bedroom judging a total stranger based on a paragraph. So let's put that in first.

But I'm also the son of a nurse, and the brother of a trainee nurse. Everyday I hear about the teenage girls admitted into hospital and plonked on an IV Drip, all skin and bones. Is that attractive? Ask yourself, deep down, what you want to look like. 'Attractive' isn't always the easiest concept to grasp, yet it's what most of us aspire to be.

Doctors will make you eat for your health, not because they're against you. If you go and you're a healthy weight, you won't have to do anything. But it could be the wake up call you need. I won't bore you with copied-and-pasted statistics but we both know the dangers of such malnutrition.

Maybe it's because of somebody that you feel the need to lose weight? I'm here on PM anytime if you feel you need to find the root of the problem tree.

:)

To add to the above post. Georgia, you say you can't fit into a size 6 - reading that actually made me gob smacked a teenager of your age gets down over that. For a female of your age the average dress size is a size 8/9/10.

I can only judge from your post although you are by far not fat. Like the above post, being skinny is actually not that attractive. I know in a woman I always find curves far sexier - and even then, people will like you for your personality, not your looks.

At your age, I would honestly say you should focus on being a healthy person - not losing weight.

If it is comments from other girls/boys about your weight or size, like NastyPasty, I am here if you want to talk via PM (or even Skype, as I've seen we're friends on there). Don't let other influence you - and don't let the media manipulate you too. I've done studies myself of how teenagers feel to be a part of this sexualised world we live in - and you're certainly not alone with the way you may feel. However that does not make it right for you to believe you should be left as bones and no flesh.

To give you a good perspective (perhaps slightly biased images chosen by me).

This is sexy:
2-5.jpg

This is not:
1-6.jpg

Georgia, not trying to sound like we are ganging up on you. I have to agree with James and pasty.

I am concerned that you have this feeling that size 6 is beautiful, i when to look at you on the thread 'I'll show you mine, then you show me yours..' unfortunately there is no image there now.
I am worried you may be starting with some sort of Body dysmorphic disorder.

Don't take any notice of these models in magazines, the photos are so highly manipulated that they look nothing like the original photos.

I am with James over the curves women.

Please take a step back, and look at your size from a science view point. here are two links to Body Mass Index calculators to help you.
http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthywe ... lator.aspx
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bmi_c ... /bmi.shtml

Georgia, I've said this many times, and I'll say it again:

YOU ARE NOT FAT!

I've seen you, and your body size is natural, as well as perfect, for a girl your age! Do not listen to others who say otherwise, and the magazines full of size 0 celebrities will not help your confidence.
For the record, size 0 is horrible!

There is no need to feel ashamed of yourself!
You are more beautiful than many of the girls that are thinner than you!
You have a great personality, and your talents are amazing!

If you ever feel like you are overweight, which you should never feel, think about your talents, which makes you a million times more beautiful than the models who starve themselves for nothing!

You are beautiful, and weight does not matter, especially in this situation as you are perfect just the way you are!

First of all, seriously you have friends here, no matter what you say you have people here that car. Come to a meet and you will see, so you’re not alone there. PM me if you need to talk about that or uni.
Being thin isn’t nice, and most people don’t realize. You just have what I have, a badass metabolism. Try to think of it as a positive. Now, since last week I have put my self on a diet plan, and I really encourage you to do the same. First of all weight gainer supplements, as you say are great, two of them a day mixed with whole milk (and even a tot of double cream). Have one with you breakfast, which should consist of MEAT (yet). Bacon, sausages, eggs, whatever you can think of just throw it on there. Make people that are loosing weight feel jealous. Now continue like this for other meals. But because of your metabolism your body is burning it off before you have the chance to do anything with it. So, exercise (double yey). Doesn’t have to be a gym, I personally can’t go to a gym just yet because I find it embarrassing. But a set of dumbbells can be very versatile. Essentially you will see improvement after a week of hard work, running; abs work outs, bench presses and normal bicep actions will really make a difference. Like I said, I have only been at it for a week now, but I feel much better, I can look in a mirror and like what looks back. Also if you apply to a gym you will meet people not unlike yourself, people that want to improve them self’s. Sorry if this sounds patronizing, I do come across as it sometimes. But I really do know where you’re coming from. As long as you are pro active and commit to getting bigger then it is achievable. Just don’t dwell, that is not a good thing to do, just focus on the task in hand. I promise that if you do a month of it, like a real month of hard work then you will have put on a surprising amount of weight. (Or you could just eat bricks :p)

Re: Re: The I Feel Down Topic.

Moley said:
Ben. said:
Come to a meet and you will see, so you’re not alone there.

Been there, done that.

That's the post of a depressed person who needs help. You've deleted your original post, but I urge you to PM me if you're feeling upset about something. I may be able to offer some help towards you. :)

So many people say "PM me if you want to talk", which is great, it really is, but for so many people asking for help is a remarkably, remarkably difficult thing to do.

To do it once in a thread like this takes a huge amount of courage, as it were. To do it again, in the form of a PM or similar, is much harder.

Not really mark. It's even harder to help someone who never asks for it.

If you never send a pm, no one will be able to personally help you. This thread is great way to vent, but I personally would never post here as I try to keep my problems private.

I admire the courage of people to post in this thread, but often a pm will be more helpful and easier to get things off your chest.

If you really have a problem tell someone! If they offer pm them! Dont expect them to message you. Your problem won't go away if you keep it to yourself.

So here is my invitation, PM me if you have any problems! No matter how small or big and I will try to help! ;)

EDIT: that goes for anyone! :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Georgia, you aren't fat, nor obese, nor overweight. I mean no offense here, but with your height and the fact that you are growing up. Your weight doesn't matter at all at your age. You shouldn't want to alter your lifestyle if you enjoy it. You are wonderfully normal and nowhere near fat. When did I ever see you scoff down a six-pack of pork pies over Skype? Never. To quote yourself, #YOLO. It's your life, you can do what you want. Not what the shops/media want, they don't own you. Not what your peers say, they don't own you. If you choose how you want to be, you my friend are doing the right thing. Do the opposite to whatever higher authority/others tell you, they are the ones with the problem! Not you. Your mature enough to control your life. Not fancy money-hungry companies.

You were made perfect and you can stay that way if you choose to. But nobody will stop you, but listen to us here. You are not fat. A common stereotype of Northeners is that we are all fat Greggs eaters. We are not. You are not. You are who you are. You are perfect the way you are Georgia.

If I were you, I'd be much more worried about a broken-ish ankle!

Fredward said:
But, they have asked for it, in this thread :?

I have a great deal of respect for you, Fredward, but in this case you've managed to entirely miss the point of my post, whilst at the same time telling me that my own take on an issue I have is wrong...

^ Does it really matter guys?

If people are upset, there are both options available. Post here in public and gain support or PM one of the many people who offer and gain support. Whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Really, instead of arguing over such a trivial matter we should be trying to cheer up some of the people here who are obviously upset.

Trouble is, some of us have posted a couple of times in here, and received little more than tumbleweed, whilst watching others gain loads of responses. Hence my post.

However, if that's such a trivial matter, I'll just go and crawl back into my hole.

Re: Re: The I Feel Down Topic.

Islander said:
Fredward said:
But, they have asked for it, in this thread :?

I have a great deal of respect for you, Fredward, but in this case you've managed to entirely miss the point of my post, whilst at the same time telling me that my own take on an issue I have is wrong...

I feel as if we have misunderstood each other.

We are good friends and I'm only trying to urge you to speak to me if you have any problems.

I'm certainly not having a go at how people deal with situations. Sorry if I came across as that, I'm only trying to help.

I did misunderstand your initial post, reading quick while at work!

EDIT:

At your latest post mark.

Sometimes you can feel that you post something and nobody cares, in reality its because you aren't telling the people who do care.

Posts get missed all the time, this is a topic that's frequently posted in. People are more inclined to help people who they know, as they know more about the problem.

It's not off topic as its getting you down.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Islander said:
Trouble is, some of us have posted a couple of times in here, and received little more than tumbleweed, whilst watching others gain loads of responses. Hence my post.

However, if that's such a trivial matter, I'll just go and crawl back into my hole.

Hey, I didn't mean that it was trivial like that. Let's not have misunderstandings. If you feel you haven't been listened to when you've had a problem, that's a problem and I'm here now should you choose to post them here, PM me or let it go. :)