• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Cause it's one of those who calls it home-learning instead of homework and added 'have fun' to the rules of the class...

Ok, take it they have not long passed their teaching course. what their subject, if its science asked about field learning of forces and mechanical systems with a trip to a theme park, oh say AT :D

you could get the whole class to conga around the classroom at the start of the lesson, then point to the 'have fun' rule when asked what you are all doing, hehe.

I wouldn't say a teacher having a rule of 'have fun' is weird. Just think, at least they are not some arsey boring teacher that wants you all to suffer the year! If they're a new teacher then it's pretty normal for them to try and be different to other teachers, as they will want to earn the students' trust. :)

Plus home-learning/homework are the same thing. Your homework is a part of the process of learning. :p

James said:
Plus home-learning/homework are the same thing. Your homework is a part of the process of learning. :p

You're one of them!!!!! :p

Teachers have quite a tough job so maybe they're trying to make it more interesting for themselves too? If you have fun, they have fun and learning is more enjoyable.

Or they're a weirdo.

There is no deal calling it home learning.

Learning is all about fun!

Depends who's class you're in...

;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Since I'm 'down'(ish), time for me to post in here sadly...

Someone has written a bitchy status on Facebook about me that has made me angry. I rejected dating this person (due to the fact I do not feel enough for them to make that relationship jump - and I need to have strong feelings to lend my trust into someone else). It hasn't upset me really. But I'm not at all happy with someone acting like a tit over the situation and bringing it on a public website. I explained to them my insecurities, why I need to have a lot of trust in someone to be with them, how I've been hurt - and they go and do something, quite frankly, childish. It further adds to my run-ins with back stabbers and two-faced people, but ah well, this world can be a cruel one.

I just wish I could know why people like that never consider how others feel. I just don't get it. It's just spiteful and something that puts me off incredibly. Aside from Facebook, I don't get why people have to flip onto a nasty side when rejected. I've been rejected in the past, but I've never been a tit over it - I've accepted it and moved on. Arghhh, people annoy me. :p

Ugh, I needed to get that mini-rant off my chest.

The girl I like (who is also my bestfriend and knows I like her ???) has just got together with another guy. ::)

Edit:- Then she cancels all of our plans for this weekend and makes new ones with her mates instead.:(

Terrible, terrible feeling. ^

Although, if she was a true friend and she does onestly know you like her, she wouldn't put you through that kind of emotional struggle. ???

We had spoke about the matter of when she finds someone prior to her getting together with this guy. We just agreed that nothing would change and it wouldn't come between our friendship, but yeah, it is hard.???

I've found out that most of my "friends" have been slagging me off behind my back, through Facebook. Making images with me on it.

I really don't know who to turn to anymore, I can't talk to anybody, I just can't trust anybody!

:'(

Stevie said:
I've found out that most of my "friends" have been slagging me off behind my back, through Facebook. Making images with me on it.

I really don't know who to turn to anymore, I can't talk to anybody, I just can't trust anybody!

:'(

Awwwww, that's not nice - I've been there and it was one of the lowest points of my life so far - I'd suggest trying to get involved with another friendship group - including the community here who are all (well, mostly :p ) lovely! :)

Just try not to let it get you down, which I know is easier said than done. I'm always here if you want someone to chat to.

Failed my dam theory, literally 2 marks on the multiple choice of a pass, and got top marks in the hazard perception. Now I have to fork out another bloody £30 and wait 2 weeks. This is all becoming very expensive haha.

Ben. said:
Failed my dam theory, literally 2 marks on the multiple choice of a pass, and got top marks in the hazard perception. Now I have to fork out another bloody £30 and wait 2 weeks. This is all becoming very expensive haha.

The whole thing is just an obstacle designed to extract as much money from you as possible. The test itself proves absolutely nothing - how does clicking on a screen to indicate hazards correlate to actually driving in real life? The answer - it doesn't.

The Psychoaster said:
Ben. said:

The whole thing is just an obstacle designed to extract as much money from you as possible. The test itself proves absolutely nothing - how does clicking on a screen to indicate hazards correlate to actually driving in real life? The answer - it doesn't.
The test itself proves you know enough about the highway code and the rules of the road in order to be let loose in a car...

Hazard perception is arguable but it does improve your awareness of things on the road when you are not used to driving.

I think the test is a good thing. However, that's for a different topic xD. I wish you luck Ben with your second try :) I know people who failed theory tests and they all said the second time seemed easier... Just keep practising hard as some elements of the test you need to learn and can't just guess from common sense.

mrbrightside said:
The Psychoaster said:
Ben. said:

The test itself proves you know enough about the highway code and the rules of the road in order to be let loose in a car...

Hazard perception is arguable but it does improve your awareness of things on the road when you are not used to driving.

I think the test is a good thing. However, that's for a different topic xD. I wish you luck Ben with your second try :) I know people who failed theory tests and they all said the second time seemed easier... Just keep practising hard as some elements of the test you need to learn and can't just guess from common sense.

I'd love to know how people got along for 70 years without needing to "test their knowledge of the highway code" and still be completely safe and excellent drivers. Hazard perception was introduced, with no dispute, absolutely by the DSA to increase the difficulty of the test so that the pass rate lowered and therefore they would earn more money from retests. I can partially understand the reason for the theory section but as both I and my driving instructor think, HP is merely a money spinner.

There's a lot of people out there I wouldn't trust on the road without them having been tested on their knowledge of the highway code before hand xD. The theory part is very important in my view. Hazard perception does also work in my opinion... It encourages you to think about potential road hazards and improves your awareness of things on the roads. I found it tedious but worthwhile. However, I'm not a confident driver at all and nor have I taken a practical test yet.

As someone that did not have to do the HP test when I actually did my driving test but had to do it when I did my bike test I think its a bit of a joke. I did not have any problems with passing it but its just not that great at being realistic. Its only a little video on a computer screen, nothing compared to being in a car and seeing things for real.

Just makes me think of a very expensive video game!

Jem8472 said:
As someone that did not have to do the HP test when I actually did my driving test but had to do it when I did my bike test I think its a bit of a joke. I did not have any problems with passing it but its just not that great at being realistic. Its only a little video on a computer screen, nothing compared to being in a car and seeing things for real.

Just makes me think of a very expensive video game!

Yeah, they never mention when justifying its inclusion in the test how far fetched it is to assume that somehow looking closely at a screen, with your complete focus on finding a pedestrian walking into the road and then clicking a button compares with focusing on keeping below the speed limit, changing gears, checking mirrors etc whilst also keeping an eye out for people walking into the road. It just doesn't compare, it's completely ludicrous to even peddle the idea that it is similar in any way!