• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

delta79 said:
Laura said:
Well I am literally sitting in my office right now and one of the jobsworths from downstairs has just come up to tell me that I can't use my (NHS) sunlamp as it 'might cause a fire or explosion'.

I don't know if that says more about their job satisfaction or their thoughts on the NHS!
What is this persons job?

the questions you need to answer are.
1) It is being used in a non explosive or combustible environment?
2) does it conform to CE standards (it has the CE mark) ?
3) are you using it as per the operation instruction ?
4) Has it passed a Portable appliance tested (PAT) as per the Electricity at Work Act 1990?

Thanks Delta. Answers are: I have no idea what her job is other than deciding at random intervals to make our lives difficult. It's just an office block. The company I work for has been there for three years and only a month ago she decided we weren't allowed to have a toaster IN OUR KITCHEN, that HAD been PAT tested recently as we 'weren't insured for it'. Kettle is apparently fine though. Actual answer: She's a receptionist who deals with the running of the office block. So it is her job to be anal about things, I just don't like her attitude, you can follow the rules without being unpleasant.

1) It's a sales office, so the only combustible things are our tempers!
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) No, but I had even asked my MD about this and he said it was fine as it was less than five years old. But as I couldn't prove it to this woman at that exact moment I had to remove it or have it 'disposed of'. When I asked her about getting someone to PAT test it she said they could do it but it would cost 'about £50' (?!) Thankfully I have found someone else who can do it for me as I can't find any of my paperwork for it, honestly just brought it in as I found the dark winter evenings in the office unbearable, never even stopped to consider the explosive possibilities.

I do accept she is doing her job but her people skills leave much to be desired. The way she does things makes me feel she does it for a kick, but maybe that's just because I'm so annoyed!

This is the lamp: http://www.lumie.com/collections/light-therapy-sad/products/desklamp (mine is a slightly older model) If you use it regularly it really does help with fatigue and low mood.

£50 for testing a lamp, can you give me contact information for this buildings manager, so i can offer my services as a City & Guilds 2377 certified Portable Appliance tester. I could do a rise of £49 per item tested :D

Or you could stick some gelignite under her desk :p See how she likes explosive then :p

Feel so tense and anxious that I can barely sit still. I feel it running through my body, in my bloodstream. Tension. Every single part of my body aches, from the constant state of tension. It makes me ill as well in other ways. Aching throat, constant headaches, stomach and digestion problems.

I can't sit down. Or do literally anything without getting irritated. I want to scream and run 100 miles. I don't want to take these new drugs but I have to. I know they'll make me more tired. More Pro-Plus just to make it through the working day without falling asleep. More constant tension, irritation, worry, paranoia.

I'm moving into the final stages of accepting a once-loved one is never coming back. Thing is, it's difficult to decide whether to keep in touch and just accept things as they are, or just to cut them off.

Sometimes I can't see the end of my story being a happy one, and I feel guilty beyond words for how my being ill (I have bipolar disorder) just endlessly hurts the people who love me. Sometimes I just want to lie about how I'm feeling because I know the second I tell someone it'll bring them down too and start them off worrying for my welfare, these people are probably just as tired as I am!

Sad, annoying times. :(

Having my 16th birthday party tomorrow but just checked the weather forecast and it's going to be raining pretty much all day. I've been told we've all got to stay outside too, which makes matters much worse! We've hired a marquee, but I still can't help thinking it's going to be awful. :/

I am a waste of space, time and resources. I deserve how I feel. Never felt more isolated and disliked.

Poison Tom 96 said:
I am a waste of space, time and resources. I deserve how I feel. Never felt more isolated and disliked.

Disliked? not here mate. actually I really enjoy some of the post you do.

delta79 said:
Poison Tom 96 said:

Disliked? not here mate. actually I really enjoy some of the post you do.

You have no idea how much that means to me, thank you :)

Feeling "down" is a bit of an understatement right now. I feel shell shocked having just heard that one of our friends mothers committed suicide last night. I've no idea what on earth to say to him or how to react. I feel very sad and "airy" as I'm processing this news.

give him a loving hug and tell him you are there for him. then just get on with being a friend, as some time having a fix point that is normal can be a great place to rest from the sad looks and condolences he will be getting when he is out and about.

This hasn't really got me down, but its just infuriating

Essentially there is a group of people at my college that I have to associate with on a daily basis, and its not that they're nasty or bad to me, but I just cant stand them.

I think possibly the main reason is how intolerant they are of anything that isn't 'lad', you know the type, think they're all that and all agree with each other because if they didn't they would have an actual personality.

Well the other day they were talking about homosexuality (well I wish they called it that), I'm not going to repeat some of the filthy things they're were saying, but honestly it was discussing, the level of hatred they were displaying for a group of people they don't even know was horrendous. Now like an idiot who cant keep hit mouth shut, I asked why feel like that? In return I revived all the usual tripe "its not natural", people that haven't been to church in their life's started to actually quote the bible at me.

I tried reasoning by saying, imagine that you lived in a world where the only girl you could go out with was 60 years old. You wouldn't like that would you, well imagine one day you saw a 18 year old walk past, and realise you wanted to be with the 18 year old, well would you stick to the 60 year old who everyone says you should be with, or go for the 18 year old. would you stay with he one you don't find attractive, or move to the one which you do. Now I though this was a good point, but it didn't get through, some sarcastic comments were made and I left them to it.

Now I accept I'm not 'normal', I'm geeky, have a hobby which can be considered strange and the way I act can be described as flamboyant, but I honestly do not care, and as a result don't care if anyone acts in a smiler way, but they are so dead set against anything that hasn't already been seen in Geordie shore that they resent pretty much everything I represent.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say by posting this, just venting I suppose, it's just times like this that I really begin to despise the 'lad' attitude. Rant over

Ben. said:
it's just times like this that I really begin to despise the 'lad' attitude. Rant over

The 'standard lad' tripe that's been evolving over recent decades is a massive forced kick of supposed 'normality', primaeval behaviour towards everybody being how the world supposedly 'should' be. Doesn't matter if it's a joke, it's still wrong to crack harsh jokes that shame anybody that isn't a white cis male or even tries to differ from *that* standard; it isn't funny and by heck it's certainly degrading!

What makes the whole 'lad' thing worse is how these jokes become appropriated views, genuine horrid views on how women are treated, how homosexuality and genders are treated, how races and cultures should be treated. And over time, it's been seeping into the behaviour of children who will continue without question to appropriate harsh views in the future.

Just, urgh, the 'lad' attitude is revolting and pathetic. I can't help thinking that this is the true emasculating of the male gender in our society, the sheer irony of it.

[/added rant over]

I feel like I've lost one of my best friends. I think I've done something to really annoy her and now I can't seem to have a proper conversation with her. :(

Lad culture is abhorrent. I feel proud to not be one of the sheep.

Ted I have had something similar happen and I pretty much cut ties with them for a bit. Now we are better friends than before.

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

I have spent the evening in A&E waiting for my wife to have her head glued (she hate stitches).......

---edit removed by poster--------

It not the best thing to be greeted with after a day at work, taking the wife to A&E.

---edit removed by poster--------

Sorry to edit this post, but there is too much info in it that i don't want spread over the internet.

Poison Tom 96 said:
Lad culture is abhorrent. I feel proud to not be one of the sheep.

Non-comformistLad. Get in.

Re: Re: The I Feel Down Topic.

Novas said:
Non-comformistLad. Get in.

You have successfully moved up my kill list...