• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Having a tough time at home at the moment. A few family issues have happened in the last couple of days which has put undue pressure on my parents - and with this my parents seem to be having a go at me for no reason. I guess using me a way of unleashing their anger and stress which has left me leaving the house a lot (sometimes in tears but I'm not much of a crying person). The only place I feel happy is round my friend's and I know I can't be there all the time but every time I come home, my parents seem to be angry at me for no reason. I love them to bits and I know that we are having a difficult time but it's getting me down - all their frustration being aimed at me is pushing me over the edge. At least I have some friends I can visit and use their shoulders to cry on. At the moment I can't seem to see a light at the end of the tunnel but I will try to think positively, and hope all this can be sorted soon.

Sorry for the depressive post. Been reading some stuff on here so here's a big hug to every one.

Don't be sorry Lottie! You have the right to post in this topic with everybody else.

I would recommend confronting your parents over why they're angry at you, getting to the root of a problem is always best for a solution, and work on from there. It's good that you're getting out from the stress and distracting yourself.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Well this is the right topic Lottie.

As Rowe said it would be best to try and talk to them, they might not really be aware that they are doing it.

People cope with problems in different ways and sometime they take out their frustrations on the wrong person.

Hope it gets better soon :)

But on my own feelings I felt a bit low and a bit lost earlier today. Its difficult dealing with the issues I have mainly because I cant really talk to Carla about them. This whole disaster has left me feeling a bit isolated and not sure if I am going to come out the same person at the end of it (if there will be an end).

But hey I do feel better now. :)

Lottie dont say sorry for a depressing post, it is expected here.

I echo what Rowe and Jem8472 said, you need to talk to your parents. you said they were under undue stress, and i think when you talk to them. you should recognize that fact, and its impact on they interaction with you.

I cant comment on the actual situation, and this is only a suggestion. but if you usually have a good relationship with them, you could suggest they find a little bit of time each day to try and destress a little.

I fell depressed,my life has gone in the bin so to say,I got rejected by a girl because I am half caste,My dad kicked out my brother, so my mum is a bit angy with him.
I just feel sad altogether. :(
my respects to your colleage pluk.

You mum is going to be a little upset, he is one of her little boys. But your dad must have had good reason to do it.

the question is do you want to be with a girl where race is an issue for her?

You will find the love of your life and you will be the love of theirs. it does take time, so don't be downhearted by rejection.

well,my brother was very rude towards my dad,when I say rude I mean worse than your thorpe park chav rude :/

I sort of understand you brother/dad thing. (see my post on page 7 )

Your brother has for what ever reason decided to act in this way towards your Dad. It is sad that your Dad has decided that removing your brother from the house is the only option he had left. Maybe in time, they can repair their relationship, and move on from this dark time in your lives.

This does not detract from the emotional and stressful time that everyone in the house is going though, but what done is done.

My thoughts are, you should think about what can be done to help, try to turn a negative into a positive. support your mum, she has just lost one of her boys.

but most important of all look after yourself.

I know it must be hard Brightside, I saw your original post :)

At least its not as far as it could be. Hope the situation improves :)

Thanks Rowe, Jem8472 and delta79.

Managed to sit my parents down (along with my brother as well) and have a good chat with them - was nice to speak about my feelings to them. Things seem to be improving on the family situation, slowly but surely. I have noticed my parents seem to be less stressed than when they were a few days ago which is good news.

Glad that things are improving Lottie :) Its always good to have a proper chat with people. Me and Carla have had a few of them recently and it always leaves me feeling a lot better.

Talking is always the best way to discuss and sort things. It can open your eyes more, let you learn, understand and sometimes forgive.

I find talking is always the best medicine. By opening out, making your feelings known, sometimes understanding someone else's feelings, you can work with it and ultimately live a happy and fruitful life.

Communication is key with any relationship. Whether it be your other half, your parents, your friends - it's a basic thing that not many people put to good use. Talking will always lead to a better conclusion, in any situation - however negative or positive it may be. :)

It good to hear that things are getting better. it good that your parent seem a little less stressed as it not good for them.

Without sounding like a whiney little girl I will explain.

Recently my Ex came back to the country, she lives in Ireland for most of the year but comes over for 10 weeks in summer. A year ago I was well and truly under the thumb, we spent most days together. But then one day when i go to her house I am told by the neighbour that she left for Ireland the previous night. So essentially she ran away to another country without me even being able to say goodbye. Naturally wasn’t a happy bunny and held a grudge for a while. But now she’s back I am feeling the same as I did the same time last year. If anyone one here know me then you will know that I'm not the most confident of people (e.g. I was the lonely sod in the corner at TT10) so meeting new people is hard, I seem to cling onto the people I already know as kind of a safety rope, that is why I cant blank her out. And on top of that she now has a boyfriend, and has had many since me, where as I on the other hand had a one month long relationship which resulted in me having seven shades beaten out of me because I go to a private school. Every time I feel as thought I am making progress socially I make a blunder which results in me receiving a confidence slam dunk. Every day I see my friends going of and having the time of the life’s at parties, or going round town, and I am stuck here on my computer feeling sorry for myself.

Well, rant over. I know it isn’t a major problem and to be honest may sound really stupid, but its just something that’s been getting to me recently, I mean I'm 17, due to my time in a boarding school I have zero local friends, and with the summer holidays ahead I am looking at a very lonely, depressing time.

Aww Ben, come and join us for some days out at Towers with TST, we will all make you feel wecome, no matter how quiet you may be. I was very quiet a year ago on meets, now ill talk to pretty much anyone :)

I was relatively quiet at TTF South As I not that much of a talker, However people in the group tried to make conversation with me, Which I felt was nice.

What I'm trying to say is that TST will make you feel welcome on meets despite the fact if you're quiet and not the most talkative person. As djtruefitt said, We will all make you feel welcome despite how quiet you are. :)

Ben. said:

Recently my Ex came back to the country, she lives in Ireland for most of the year but comes over for 10 weeks in summer. A year ago I was well and truly under the thumb, we spent most days together. But then one day when i go to her house I am told by the neighbour that she left for Ireland the previous night. So essentially she ran away to another country without me even being able to say goodbye. Naturally wasn’t a happy bunny and held a grudge for a while. But now she’s back I am feeling the same as I did the same time last year. If anyone one here know me then you will know that I'm not the most confident of people (e.g. I was the lonely sod in the corner at TT10) so meeting new people is hard, I seem to cling onto the people I already know as kind of a safety rope, that is why I cant blank her out. And on top of that she now has a boyfriend, and has had many since me, where as I on the other hand had a one month long relationship which resulted in me having seven shades beaten out of me because I go to a private school. Every time I feel as thought I am making progress socially I make a blunder which results in me receiving a confidence slam dunk. Every day I see my friends going of and having the time of the life’s at parties, or going round town, and I am stuck here on my computer feeling sorry for myself.

Well, rant over. I know it isn’t a major problem and to be honest may sound really stupid, but its just something that’s been getting to me recently, I mean I'm 17, due to my time in a boarding school I have zero local friends, and with the summer holidays ahead I am looking at a very lonely, depressing time.

Ben, I can highly relate to you there because I cling on to people as well. I've always clinged on to people I am accustomed too, and it can be hard to break yourself into meeting new people - so you are by far not alone there. Your situation is again something I've come across and it is hard when an ex suddenly comes back in your life, with you discovering they are in a relationship now. It is hard, but you've got to stay strong, find others to talk to and try not to get too attached to your ex. As in the long run it will only upset you more.

You say you see your friends going off to parties and such. Why don't you ask them if you can come along? I know it may seem a bit daunting and weird to have to ask your friends if you can go out with them. But they might invite you along to social events more and this will strengthen your confidence.

I know this may seem a bit of a weird suggestion, but I did this around two years ago when I had a major moment of feeling depressed and lonely. Talk to people on the internet. Now, hear me out, talking to people on the internet can cheer you up greatly, and while it lacks the physical contact you get with meeting people in real life, it can really help you to restore some confidence within yourself. If you have Skype or MSN it makes it even more the better, find people you can talk to, go on webcam with them even, have a laugh and enjoy talking to someone online.

You may wonder where to start finding people on the internet although I would highly suggest using TS as a start, there are a heap of wonderful people on this website and a lot of people that are always happy to chat. If you need to talk to anyone then the internet is the place to be. I'm always here myself for anyone to come talk to me, whether you just want a social chat, want to vent or need advice then I'm always here for any member on TST. :)

Ben. said:

Trust me man, nobody knows private school isolation like myself.

People have the idea that it's a safe cocoon from reality, whereas actually, when you do have to move out into the world, you are unprepared and lonely. Although I don't board, I really do feel your pain.

Clinging on is only natural, and I know what it feels like to be a tag-along. You feel unwanted, it hurts badly, and does severe damage to your esteem.

Listen to me, though. The range of replies within such a short space of time mean only one thing; you are liked.

The people on here are glad to have you, and respect you, so why would this be different in real life? Honestly, all you need is a lucky break. Start with the Chat here, it's a great way to start getting to know people. Before long you'll be included more and more and have a solid foundation of people you can turn to.

I won't pretend to know you well, but through that one post I feel sorry for you, I've been in your position - you're young, out of private school and feel alone. But stick around on here, keep posting and chatting away and things will improve. If you ever want to talk. don't hesitate to PM me. Good luck!

Cheers guys, I've been with the forum for about 3 years now in one form or another and still cant get over the friendliness of the community as a whole. And to be honest, my comment from last night was just a bottle of problems that I needed to get rid of, and since I didn’t have a person willing to be exposed to the torrent of depression I stuck it online, yay :)

With the private school thing, it’s a tricky one that has a long story to it. Basically, I am one of those people that want to get along with everybody, so my social life consists of a huge juggling act between my peers, which just gets on top of you sometimes. I find a way for me to take my mind of these things is to busy myself with mindless tasks, doing the garden, reading even exercise. For example, the day after my last break up I spent almost all day polishing and tuning a drum kit that was already in good order.

I think the point that i am attempting to make is A, thank you, its really nice to know that there are good people, and B, I'm not always like this, I just needed to vent my problems as the whole Alex having a boyfriend thing put me over a bit, but what did I expect. And besides, there’s no way to go from here but up :).