• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

We are still here, I took a hiatus due to wanting to protect people, you will be welcomed back when you are ready.

Mate, that was my first meet at Towers for two bloody years, you are not the only one. ;)

Life happens, if you have to take some time away from meets, absolutely no one will hold that against you. Sounds like you're doing pretty well for yourself now which is great to hear and when you're ready to come back you'll be welcomed.

The quest for jobs is never ending.
Every where I have tried just don't want to give a 17 year old a chance because of the "lack of experience" - Even just a Saturday retail job.

It doesn't help living in a village that relies on the current non-existant tourism from Alton Towers, and the one place I did eventually get a trial at, the manager/chef/owner, was a complete and utter w*****

I'm 18 in four months, and I've yet to obtain a job, and I don't want to be reliant on my parents for much longer.

Maybe I shouldn't worry too much, and just focus on my school work instead for the time being?

Last edited:
Feeling very annoyed due to a few reasons but that I can only discuss freely about 1. I can't work in this portacabin again for the 4th winter, I'm pretty sure it's illegal, I have to go shut the door every few minutes because it won't stay closed and I have no change for the customers when they buy something!

The minimum ambience temperature of a workspace depends on its use. Standard offices and classrooms must be at a minimum of 16c. Any other environments that need the temperature below this has extra factors added like in area time limits with protective clothing.
Check on the HSE website on the minimum ambience temperature for your classification of working environment

Last edited:
In the winter half the time they will forget to put the oil filled heater that is under my desk or the tiny electric heater that is supposedly designed to heat the whole cabin on before I arrive, I have worked through snow before, they promised me that they were converting the old butchers into a office for last winter, they still haven't finished it.

Trying to sleep. Got work tomorrow, and it's a hectic day. In too much pain to sleep. Ear feels like angry hornet inside. Also too warm under covers but bloody freezing without them. Kill me.

Trying to sleep. Got work tomorrow, and it's a hectic day. In too much pain to sleep. Ear feels like angry hornet inside. Also too warm under covers but bloody freezing without them. Kill me.

Hope you feel better this morning! Nothing worse than feeling like utter balls before you've even started. Don't forget the painkillers before you leave :) weekend will be here soon!

Thanks Saz. I have some Nurofen Plus, with big letters on the box warning that they are addictive, so they must be good, right? :p Woke up lying on the "bad" ear... That was rather painfull.
Now I have to go and do a show involving a band and loud music. Just what I need with an ear infection.

(Also, what is this "weekend" you speak of?)

Thanks Saz. I have some Nurofen Plus, with big letters on the box warning that they are addictive, so they must be good, right? :p Woke up lying on the "bad" ear... That was rather painfull.
Now I have to go and do a show involving a band and loud music. Just what I need with an ear infection.

(Also, what is this "weekend" you speak of?)

Don't take too many!! Just get yourself a doctors appointment :p

Weekend? Not sure... I'll be seeing patients at 8am tomorrow morning!

I'm going to the Prosthetics Event in Aston tomorrow, which is technically work and no it isn't about artificial limbs it will hopefully allow me to look at really cool makeup by the people who do Casualty and Dr Who. Also can't you wear earplugs or defenders?

I'm a brain surgeon... HA. No I'm not. I work in the NHS as part of a Screening Programme. And that's all you need to know ;)

@Natalie, shouldn't that be in the "happy" thread? :p

And don't worry, Saz, I've taken far stronger things than painkillers in my time without getting hooked. ;)

All the special visits made to work have left me paranoid (they can remain hidden and watch unnoticed) and this has spread out into life. If someone says something I always assume the very worst, even if that is not the case as I'm waiting for the axe to fall