• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Friend of an acquaintance... solid start.

Apart from anything, surely that plot is the wrong shape for a Miami?
That's what I was thinking, plus it would look really out of place with the backboard. Be rest assured that I do not believe this one bit. Was just sharing what I heard. :)

Leek Signs reading this thread.

rub-hands.gif

I personally hate the things they just repeatedly bash my shoulders but I agree it wouldn't be too bad of a fit
Yeah the ones with individual OTSRs are quite painful, although they don't throw you around as much as the ones with a shared overhead lap bar do.

Looking at images of Funk'n'Fly online this morning - is the version currently installed different to the previous one? This one is purple and the other was a lighter colour was it not? Maybe it's just me though aha

Looking at images of Funk'n'Fly online this morning - is the version currently installed different to the previous one? This one is purple and the other was a lighter colour was it not? Maybe it's just me though aha
Last year it was red, and I'm pretty sure that one is still touring in fairs. This one must be a different one as in the pictures it is clearly purple as you say.

Same model of ride, different owners this year I guess?

This one is the one that Studt's Fun Fair had over the summer last year, then was with another showman for Exeter Winter Wonderland over Christmas. It's likely being rented directly from the manufacturer PWS now, which I'm pretty sure last year's model was too. I would guess with the spinning sign on last year's not being used, they probably thought it better to use this one. Judging by the video, I double it would've been ready for the start of the season at Towers.

Having seen the state of the mechanism of the sign last year, I'm not surprised it wasn't in use. Looked a solid rusted lump.

A commenter on a YouTube video concerning this topic suggested a Tivoli Extreme as a replacement for Mixtape. I personally think that one of those would be a good fit actually. The footprint is a similar size too I think.

A Tivoli Remix would be a massive step up assuming they ran it half decently. Then again they've got a Waltzer without platform staff so I doubt they will.

A Tivoli Remix would be a massive step up assuming they ran it half decently. Then again they've got a Waltzer without platform staff so I doubt they will.
Ahh I've just realised that the Remix is the model name for the Extreme. Same thing. :p

Ahh I've just realised that the Remix is the model name for the Extreme. Same thing. :p

I did a couple of Extreme rides at fairs recently, they are awesome. But you’d have to wonder what settings they’d run it on, the full on experience you’d get at a fair and what you might see at a Merlin theme park could be quite different though.

I still wonder if Mixtape is going to get a Retrosquad replacement. We obviously now know that the 3 other temp rides have all returned - albeit Funk’n’Fly is a different Super Trooper. The season starts in a week and a half and we’ve heard nothing.

Didn’t someone post a picture of a drone shot somewhere on this forum of Enterprise’s cars on Mixtape’s old site and the ride only half built? Perhaps they intend to rebuild Enterprise first and then get a travelling flat in. They only take maximum 1 day to erect and then another day to stick some decals on surely? I’m still hopeful we’ll see something there.

Who thinks that a permanent Flat Ride will open in The World Of David Williams on The Flavio’s Fabulous Fandango plot? Half of my brain informs me this could be happening.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.