• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
JB1985 said:
Spin Doctor should win an award for the most boring member..............Come back when SW8 is being built to feed us more crap

I've heard rumours that spin_doctor is related to leeroy2009jones actually! :p

That's an insult to Leroy, Spin_doctor is nothing until he convinces Sanbrooke to make a video about this 'washing machine' and beyond vertical drop. ;)

I know it's a bit off topic but would someone care to explain who this Leroy guy is? I've heard so much about him. :p

If not in the thread, maybe via PM? :)

The washing machine always did sound like something that sku11dude would design.

Danny said:
The washing machine always did sound like something that sku11dude would design.

Now I do remember him! Anyone for a 'Future of SW7' topic?

"i no itz rlly new but in sum yearz it wil b remooved so i tink a gud replacment wud be a invertted launnched woodi wit teh same theame". :)

Serious time. I really don't know what to expect in terms of the elements of this coaster. The 5 stages of marmalization sound interesting, but I can't help but feel that they should have kept it to 3. Not only is the whole tricolon idea more powerful and likely to stick in the mind, but 5 seems a bit overcomplicated. I just hope that back prodders are nowhere to be seen, more than anything.

Just something I've remembered... Are we now sure that the vertical lift is indeed just a vertical lift? I remember those initial rumours where we speculated that it could be a launched lift upwards... Those seemed to disappear once the washing machine element surfaced.

I was going to suggest that maybe we could see the world's first beyond vertical lift. Then I remembered G Force.

I think there is going to be enough crazy shizzle on this ride as is, without adding more gimmicks.

If it was a launched vertical lift hill aswell wouldn't there be some sort of whip lash going over the end of the lift hill?

Just for those who may have missed this, for example if they haven't played the game - we have a clip of the audio used in The Smiler Game. Not sure if this will be used in the area/on ride but may be something worth considering!

The Smiler Game - Music

I really hope that the audio in the game is park of the ride/area music, I love it! It really sticks in your head as well. There seem to be two variations of it, the one on the game menu page and the one when playing the game itself.

:)

Snorlix said:
If it was a launched vertical lift hill aswell wouldn't there be some sort of whip lash going over the end of the lift hill?
Depends how fast it goes over the hill and how the hill is shaped. Having brakes to control the speed as the car/train reaches the top would also make a difference. Will have one though? Does it even need one with it having so many other things going on already?

Likewise, I've fallen for the music thanks to the game's advert. I really want it to be the ride theme.
Alton, please consider releasing this song for download or something.

It sounds like a really creepy version of Toyland tours if you listen closely!!

EDIT: in fact I wonder if it was loosely based on the tune slightly?

I think I've sussed it :) think of the cars on ssb and apply them to a inversion and you get the affect of 720 degrees of movement a gyro.So instead of building a gyro on wheels (to complicated :).hence my design of a rollerball coaster) a single movement of 360 degrees in a rotary fashion like ssb and then make the track to suit and instead of having a complicated car you have a simple car design on complicated twisted track. :) hence a world first coaster. :)

Craig said:
Just for those who may have missed this, for example if they haven't played the game - we have a clip of the audio used in The Smiler Game. Not sure if this will be used in the area/on ride but may be something worth considering!

The Smiler Game - Music
I don't know if it's subliminal or because I know about the ride concept but I found myself automatically smiling or even laughing while listening to it on a loop. Has it had that effect on anyone else?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.