• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

By using both world-beating and world's first, the washing machine idea fits.

The washing machine would be the world's first, as it has never been done, but it would also be world-beating as they just have to rotate it once more every time a coaster adds another inversion to the record, so it beats all others.

Interesting.

But then the more they turn it around, the longer the ride is, the worse throughput gets, the more painful the ride gets... that just ain't going to happen. :p

I still doubt the washing machine concept, it just seems like it would be far too painful to ride.

James said:
But then the more they turn it around, the longer the ride is, the worse throughput gets, the more painful the ride gets... that just ain't going to happen. :p

I still doubt the washing machine concept, it just seems like it would be far too painful to ride.
I meant as in once a season, which shows that they have the record, but don't need to alter the ride experience for guests themselves.

:)

It's a great idea! Maybe each season the day before the park opens they can have a few rides of 'world beating' inversions, and run competitions etc to see who can ride! It would be good marketing too!

So, just out of curiosity on how this is going to work out.

Are we going to find out what the secret element is on opening day (If there is one), or will be find out before with TT or TST releasing the info on spoilers topics?

I'd imagine we will find out what the word beating and/or world's first aspect of SW7 is before opening day. You've got to think it may well be mentioned sometime in the latter marketing push. Or it could all be revealed early in the morning of opening day on the news or something which is similar to what happened with Thirteen.

I suppose anything TS or TT are able to "confirm", such as what TT believe to be the secret element, will never actually be full confirmation unless it comes direct from Towers themselves. I've heard so many different rumours regarding SW7, many of which conflict each other. So yeah, at the end of the day it will be down to Towers as to when we get full confirmation about exactly what SW7 is or does.

:)

They'll probably reveal the name and stuff soon, they did it on the 11th of this month for Thirteen. But Thirteen was actually built by this stage and the marketing was a lot more aggressive, relentless and annoying.

Longy said:

The washing machine would be the world's first, as it has never been done, but it would also be world-beating as they just have to rotate it once more every time a coaster adds another inversion to the record, so it beats all others.

Interesting.

I don't think the washing machine rumour is true and I hope it isn't as it sounds boring and painful. But we shall see.

Dave said:
Longy said:

Interesting.

I don't think the washing machine rumour is true and I hope it isn't as it sounds boring and painful. But we shall see.

unfortunately i can see the washing machine happen, i dont want it to happen though. And i cant see how it can be marketed.

Would any world record bodies actually recognise such an idea as the washing machine concept for the world record? It might technically be an inversion, but it doesn't seem in the spirit of the record books.

If they really are after the record, relying on a device to cheat the record books seems quite risky business to me.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

If that were the element, I would assume they would have researched whether the record would count before committing to the idea. However, I still don't think we will see the washing machine idea - at least I hope we don't anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Don't the record books count a 4D coaster as having something like 16 inversions as the seats invert themselves? If so I wouldn't be surprised if they would count the washing machine. However, Towers can get a world's first claim simply by building something not yet done. So they could build 14 inversions, and so long as it opens before another it's still the world's first one, and can hold that record.

There seems to be a lot of work being carried out today it seems like there working towards a positive outcome will try to get some decent photos that haven't already been taken

Whilst wondering around just had some news don't know how to take it but he said construction could be a lot worse at this point but it seems to be going alright

Guinness world records still lists colossus as the roller coaster with the most inversions, so I reckon it still needs to be actual track inversions to qualify for the record. Unless there are other record books that say other wise?

Josh said:
Guinness world records still lists colossus as the roller coaster with the most inversions, so I reckon it still needs to be actual track inversions to qualify for the record. Unless there are other record books that say other wise?
Not according to a quote by Guniness on Wikipedia

and their official website very clearly specifies Colossus has the most "track inversions" not the most inversion overall.

However the proposed washing machine mechanise would gain them the track inversion record as the track does invert with the train, it just isn't fixed.

I have no issue with the idea the hotpoint trick track would get them the record. It's just that adding submission to a roller coaster doesn't appeal to me and I'm fairly certain it's wrong anyway.

Like I said Towers have had 4 previous Secret Weapons already and only one involves trick track so I don't think it's a dead cert SW7 will need one.

Rob on Facebook said:
SW7 update, the first piece of break track has just been moved to the bottom of X-Sector and is about to be picked up by the crane!

Tim said:
Josh said:
Not according to a quote by Guniness on Wikipedia

and their official website very clearly specifies Colossus has the most "track inversions" not the most inversion overall.

However the proposed washing machine mechanise would gain them the track inversion record as the track does invert with the train, it just isn't fixed.

Ahh I didn't realise there were different categories of inversions, i always assumed guinness only paid attention to how many times you go upside down on a coaster :p and you raise a good point that the track is inverting aswell, so this would technically qualify for the record of track inversions, although it is sort of cheating :p

I hope and pray they dont use a stupid washing machine idea. Personally, I cant see them doing this, not unless they have plenty of cleaners on the exit path ready to mop up all the sick from the guests coming off the ride afterwards.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.