• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

I'd hazard a guess at saying the knot is, or is very nearly, completed. It's just a shame it's so hard to see the other end of the site, as that's where progress needs to be made :(

Now that is good, I like! I'd imagine they've done similar in numerous different locations, hopefully some more photos might appear over the coming days or weeks. People are certainly going to be intrigued by what it possibly could be.

:)

If that QR code leads to the website which it probably will, then they need to re-do the website, because I'm sorry, but to somebody who doesn't know a thing about SW7, they wouldn't be intrigued by/remember the website at all, they'd see the logo and the picture and probably instantly go off the website. It's good to see it in Non-Merlin places now though, and I like the fact that people who don't scan the QR code will recognise it when it's finally on TV adverts too.

It looks like the knot to me, you can see Oblivion's turnaround in the bottom of the picture. The things that intrigues me are the colours- the yellow and blue. Most likely they are to do with the construction, but could they be something else? Can someone suggest a purpose? And that other bit of track behind the tree is weird- maybe it's yet to be put up.

JAMMYD778 said:
BAfntTGCEAAVJrC.jpg:large
I was more excited by the Joy Formidable posters. :p

The Psychoaster said:
No one posted the latest TST image in here yet?

Feeling hopeful that there's been quite a bit done, especially looking at the track in the middle that's slightly hidden by the tree second from left.

408738_429061093831007_1839139175_n.jpg

Looks like most of the 'knot' is done, they seem to be attaching part of the cobra roll in that picture.

As for music, I'd expect something on a similar line to Oblivion, but with a more industrial feel to it. I imagine some sort of Trent Reznor style thing going on.

Nick said:
The things that intrigues me are the colours- the yellow and blue. Most likely they are to do with the construction, but could they be something else? Can someone suggest a purpose?

Looks to me like a worker on a cherry picker in a high vis.

Nick said:
It looks like the knot to me, you can see Oblivion's turnaround in the bottom of the picture. The things that intrigues me are the colours- the yellow and blue. Most likely they are to do with the construction, but could they be something else? Can someone suggest a purpose? And that other bit of track behind the tree is weird- maybe it's yet to be put up.
I thought the yellow was a hi-vis Jacket, and the blue was a safety helmet or hard hat, whatever you want to call it? I be wrong though...

EDIT: Beaten to it :)

Just a heads up... Two lorries arrived today from Romania. Haven't got a clue what was inside them. One was empty and looked like it had dropped something off. Unsure aswell about the second lorry.
DSC_0077_zps134a1461.jpg

DSC_0080_zps7ca41b9a.jpg

Oooh, looks like there's been another track/support delivery then. Thanks for that!

:)

Johno said:
TTF appears to be down...
Go on their Facebook page, they've uploaded one of the images which will be in the update of the staffordshire knot! And well you need to see it to believe it

Please remember TowersTimes don't want their images on this site, the location of the image doesn't matter.

Speaking of their image though god knows why they have obscured the indoor in-line twist.

The knot is up! It looks ridiculously compact, even more so in real life than on the plans :eek:

Dave said:
Please remember TowersTimes don't want their images on this site, the location of the image doesn't matter.

Speaking of their image though god knows why they have obscured the indoor in-line twist.

Maybe there really is a secret element in their once the in line twist is completed. Although after looking at it again the twist seems really drawn out so would there be room for something else?

ThemeParkJack said:
Just a heads up... Two lorries arrived today from Romania. Haven't got a clue what was inside them. One was empty and looked like it had dropped something off. Unsure aswell about the second lorry.
DSC_0077_zps134a1461.jpg

DSC_0080_zps7ca41b9a.jpg
Good to see more being delivered thanks :)

LordSmiley said:
Dave said:

Maybe there really is a secret element in their once the in line twist is completed. Although after looking at it again the twist seems really drawn out so would there be room for something else?

There isn't any trick-track on this ride, no-matter what other sites say. Makes very little sense to me.

there is no trick track, thats pretty clear, and WOW to the image, it looks beastly!

They did say something about a marketing strategy, so it could be to do with the inversion record.

Sorry Dave, I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to post their Facebook images either. :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.