• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

88a7b5d29c8b485a92654f2.png

pn9Et.png

A comparison from another angle. :)

Ah yeah, I was getting confused with the direction it "flopped"! Thanks! :D

[EDIT: Psssst, Longy, I think the green bit is for the other element!]

I'm pretty sure Longy's right. You can see the red bit twisting at the bottom of the picture and the raised bit has to be the cobra roll. :)

God knows how they are going to get this thing ready on-time.

I think they could still landscape the pit so it is 'similar' to what we see on the plans, from re-visiting the plans / elevations along with the aerial photos.

I can't see any way how they can cover the whole pit, and really how they could fit more track in the area where the cobra roll and batwing are positioned. It's already busy with supports in that area.
The pit walls will also be needed for support for the surrounding ground, so it doesn't all cave in on itself, they could easily still landscape the pit to create a similar effect to what's on the plans.

We will probably find out with the next batch of aerial shots.

Don't worry guys the world ends tomorrow lol

But on a serious note it's good to see some official sw7 press

Can't wait to see the trains!
Really hope Towers show us a picture of them as a Christmas present!

Stern John said:

I doubt that. We won't see the trains until way into the new year, and that's assuming Towers decide they want to reveal them anyway. I can see trains arriving until the end of January at the earliest.

:)

I'm not sure about TH13TEEN, but Swarm's trains were delivered about 1 month before the ride opened. So I expect the same for SW7. =)

Just looked on the Developers Diary, and Swarms Trains were actually there on Jan 10th.

Difference being with that, they actually had a transfer track to put them on ;)

Stern John said:

I don't think that would happen, I think they will show us like they did with thirteen in a promote

Sammy said:
Just looked on the Developers Diary, and Swarms Trains were actually there on Jan 10th.

Difference being with that, they actually had a transfer track to put them on ;)

ooOOOOooo, claws, Sammy!!

In all seriousness this coaster can be thrown together in a relatively short space of time. I have no doubt they can attach transfer track in half a day to put the trains on, but they won't want them hanging around on site too long before testing I imagine. No disrespect to the workers or Gerst, but I'd hate the trains to be bashed by some piece of metal while they're still in the wrapper :p.

I'm intrigued to find out what the trains will actually look like!

Probably safer than just dumping them in one of the car parks though ;)

Looking at the image though, I can't work out if it's just the angle and perspective, or of it actually is different, but on the completed turn in the track it doesn't look to be very symmetrical. Where the curve levels off in the far piece the near piece seems to be continuing to climb skyward. Yet on the recreation and the plans they look pretty much level.

I can't quite work that one out...

Ian said:
Probably safer than just dumping them in one of the car parks though ;)

Looking at the image though, I can't work out if it's just the angle and perspective, or of it actually is different, but on the completed turn in the track it doesn't look to be very symmetrical. Where the curve levels off in the far piece the near piece seems to be continuing to climb skyward. Yet on the recreation and the plans they look pretty much level.

I can't quite work that one out...

I see what you mean, I was thinking that too. I think it may just be the perspective or angle though as you would imagine that it would be symmetrical. And the photo doesn't give a great sense of perspective generally anyway.

I am thinking the photo may of been taken from the grass bit on the right side of the chicken place.
As for the camera 5:14 thing. I wonder if it might mean 5 of 14 which could mean 5th inversion of 14?

delta79 said:
I am thinking the photo may of been taken from the grass bit on the right side of the chicken place.
As for the camera 5:14 thing. I wonder if it might mean 5 of 14 which could mean 5th inversion of 14?

They have a camera on top of fried chicken.

The camera angle doesn't seem to suggest top of Fried Chicken Co, nor does the quality of the image... Those cameras are used to give an overall site view, as opposed to close ups like that.

I'd be surprised if that was the Staffordshire Knot (TM) element, because as pointed out, the angle of the track doesn't appear to suggest it. BUT I'm no engineer/Gerst employee/contractor, and I look forward to being proved wrong :p.

I assumed the camera was somewhere near Oblivion's station...?

There is a camera near Oblivion's station on the building which you go through just before the station, but I think that's just for security and I don't think you can see the new substation from that angle.

The picture looks like its from the fried chicken co direction, possibly near rehydrator.

Wherever the photo was taken, there's obviously a tree somewhere to the left of it! :p I originally thought it was taken from somewhere near Rehydrator, though having a look on Google maps it does look like it was taken from somewhere up towards Fired Chicken Co.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.