• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

As was explained, The Smiler will NOT feature actual laughing gas. It's just marketing spiel, and will more than likely be just water vapour.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

bex said:
i told you it would contain laughing gas and you guys wouldn't believe me

http://www.the-smiler.com/the-ride/

then click on the marmaliser and look under the giggler.
I'm sorry, but this isn't happening. It's marketing wording and phrasing to make it sound exciting.

Laughing Gas V Water Vapour,

Take your pick. The former is more interesting and exciting, and fits the theme much more than the latter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

liquid mixtures may form shock sensitive explosives

Some common building materials such as stainless steel and aluminium can act as fuels with strong oxidisers such as nitrous oxide

Not going to be real laughing gas :p

Poison Tom 96 said:
liquid mixtures may form shock sensitive explosives

Some common building materials such as stainless steel and aluminium can act as fuels with strong oxidisers such as nitrous oxide

Not going to be real laughing gas :p

still going to be a gas though anyone going 13th june?

bex said:
i told you it would contain laughing gas and you guys wouldn't believe me

http://www.the-smiler.com/the-ride/

then click on the marmaliser and look under the giggler.
Its always said that, however I'm 100% sure its normal mist/smoke, laughing gas is too dangerous, expensive, and pollutive.
Theres also various health risks that would prevent people from riding.

It might be water vapour and a strong and crazy smelling scent pot but it won't be actual laughing gas.

The Giggler has already been tested and the 'laughing gas' is smoke (the theatrical type). :)

Towers Street's Facebook Account has put this picture up of a second train being brought in:

945169_480185825385200_539690194_n.jpg

The Smiler is also testing again today. Excellent stuff! :D

There will be no gas. End of. It's the same as the old circus gag;
"I have a bucket of water that I'm going to throw over you."
*throws bucket of glitter*

Personally I would replace the glitter with acid, but that's just how I roll.

is it something like we will make you believe it and we will show you needles make you scared then squirt something making you believe it is laughing gas good luck? :twirly:

It's really very simple.
Rides , just like theatre, TV and films, are not real. This ride will not tickle you, or hypnotise you, or blind you with atomic-explosion-bright light, or innoclate you against rabies, or gas you.
It will squirt water and mist in your face at most.

I just posted this in marketing, but wanted to bring the relevant points into construction also:

The Smiler, which is Alton Towers Resort's biggest ever investment at £18m, took over eight months to build and the second world first element has been kept under wraps since construction began back in September.

This backs up John's quotes from his interviews also.

What it is? Who knows. But it IS there. No question. I still cannot believe there are people denying it's existence even now.

I guess some just will not believe it till they ride it and find out.

We know projection mapping is likely to be involved, we know it is meant to mess with your mind, we know Mr W is rather excited by the whole thing, and we know it is one they are not going to release as "you will have to ride it to find out".

John Wardley would be that positive lauding a barrel roll with a couple of strobe lights??

I have mentioned before about the game, I am sure the walls are twisted! I noticed it straight away and assumed they'd actually design the walls in this way, then when it was clear they weren't and projection mapping was mentioned, I am convinced that they will be using it to warp the walls somehow.

If not fine, but there will be something else.

They aren't exactly hiding that fact are they? They're just hiding, exceptionally well, what it actually is!

DiogoJ42 said:
It's really very simple.
Rides , just like theatre, TV and films, are not real. This ride will not tickle you, or hypnotise you, or blind you with atomic-explosion-bright light, or innoclate you against rabies, or gas you.

so really there is nothing to worry about?

bex said:
DiogoJ42 said:
It's really very simple.

Correct.

By george, I think she's got it :D

bex said:
DiogoJ42 said:
It's really very simple.

This ride is perfectly safe, everything has been designed for your comfort and enjoyment.......

O.O

Aaaaanyway, so... er, trains are being added then?

Any further news on the station? Any sign of more detail on the wall?

DiogoJ42 said:
Anyway, moving on...

Any further news on the station? Any sign of more detail on the wall?

Nothing yet judging from Facebook pictures. I think they're waiting for everything to be finished though (i.e. the queue line) before they give it a clean up and add any details that are not added yet.

Projection mapping would be great, but it wouldn't be clearly visible in day time so it would be a bit of a waste.

Maybe just a painted 'Smiler' face which could be projected onto for Scarefest?

What happened to The Rehydrator building in the end? Did they just repaint it in the same colours as before?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.