• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

So who's heard the rumour that some sections have been fitted backwards by mistake? From Towers2Go.
a96f7acf9a9541488e659a5.png

LOL!
That's gonna hurt.

Bear said:
So who's heard the rumour that some sections have been fitted backwards by mistake? From Towers2Go.

How is that even possible, surely all the track pieces are numbered and arrowed?

Also...the tickler looks damn awful!

HAHAHAHA AHA AHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

I'm visualising me when I used to make airfix and/or warhammer when I would glue in a piece backwards... file it down it'll be fiiiiine... I can't be bothered to correct it!

Doesn't that piece have trims on it? Surely they could see the trims were on the wrong side to all the other trimmed sections?

I'll be taking my restraint a click or two tighter after this.

so the track is incorrectly put together and you wanted to make yourself more securely attached to it?

Surely having your restraint looser would be better. when they train falls off the track (which it will, happens all the time at towers), I want to be in a position to make a quick exit, not get stuck underneath.

Thing is....that piece has been in place for a while now right? When was this noticed? Obviously it would've been noticed before testing started (no doubt at the pull through). Even so this is a massive oversight!

No, that piece is new, you're thinking of the other hill.

Bear said:

Oh dear...not exactly the most professional looking job I have to say :X

Is there any actual evidence for this?

If the track was still being partially held by the train it might have not been lined up yet.

That piece is still being held by the crane, so could not be in the correct position and connected at the other end either, its hard to tell with that photo.

And all pieces of track do have numbers, they are written on little metal plates at either end of the track. And alot of the newer pieces that were delivered also had stickered numbers on each end.

Here is a photo I took a while ago showing the numbers.
081212_5.jpg

There's more pictures in the album that show the piece of track being spun round after being un-bolted.

It's not really that big of a deal, think calling them unprofessional is a bit OTT :p

It probably happens all the time, we just don't see it.

Wilsy said:
It's not really that big of a deal, think calling them unprofessional is a bit OTT :p

It probably happens all the time, we just don't see it.

"Not exactly professional" and "unprofessional" are two very different phrases ;) Anyhow, I don't think it would be an overly harsh description for a professional construction company building an £18m rollercoaster.

Chris, I'm afraid it's definitely unprofessional to fit a chunk of track backwards. What if someone building an extension on your house fitted a door upside down? Would that be a routine slip-up that happens all the time but we rarely see? Doubt it.

the source of this is towers2go, so i for one wouldnt believe it

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

Bear said:
Chris, I'm afraid it's definitely unprofessional to fit a chunk of track backwards. What if someone building an extension on your house fitted a door upside down? Would that be a routine slip-up that happens all the time but we rarely see? Doubt it.
I second this. It's most certainly unprofessional!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wouldn't call it unprofessional.

It is a mistake though, perhaps one that should never happen, but a mistake none the less.

I enjoy joking and pissing around about this as it is a rather funny slip up to make, but no one likes getting their balls busted by people who know nothing about their job.

it's only un professional if they make a mistake and just leave it... or botch job it better.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.