• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

Tom said:
The size of the water droplets you get from virtually any type of rain are much larger than what this produces. It's primarily the size of the water droplet that determines the impact force again your skin.

I was talking about the inoculator...

I agree with you, the mist from the giggler will provide little to no discomfort. :twirly:

This is the last I will speak of any water. Sorry guys! :twirly:

The Inoculator is three pressurised air jets with a limited amount of water to provide a directed jet of mist/fine spray. The Giggler is just bog-standard nightclub/theatre smoke effect as far as I can tell.

The Sanctuary's Marmalisation room has water sprinklers, which are actually showers, to be in keeping with the theme they've stepped it up and put jet blasters on The Smiler ;) dedication right there ;)

After viewing the video once more a lot more closely, I've come to the conclusion that these jets aren't as powerful as you would first presume, due to the fact that the water disperses very quickly, so it can't be a large volume.

I'd say it would feel slightly more powerful than the mist around Oblivion's hole. :)

Disappointed to hear the words "rain" and "rollercoaster" mentioned in negative ways.

I guess myself and the little crew I was with on opening day, must be insane, as we waiting UNTIL it rained and then ran round to do Nemesis front row...

Also Stealth in a proper storm is HARDCORE!! Like being slapped around the face with a glove full of sharp pins.

What is wrong with you lot?

We are the Rollercoaster Masochists! :p

Is it just me, or is that a cool name?

Surprisingly RMT is quite bad in the rain

Blaze said:
We are the Rollercoaster Masochists! :p

Is it just me, or is that a cool name?

That ain't just you bro! ;D - Hardcore rides are the ones you remember! Nemmy in a Hale/Lightening storm (the colour literally ran from my jeans), Stealth in what felt like a monsoon lol, they stay with you man. Plus no one else wants to go on, so you end up on an almost empty train hahaha ;D

Pfft, more like The Ultimate with a deer on the track. That is hardcore ;)

screw it. loosely hold a fist in front of your face at the start of stealth.... That's hardcore.

ooooooooo wet rollercosters.............. ok I'm in this part of the forum again

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

How off topic?!

I think these will activate BEFORE a car passes through. I highly doubt they'd allow those jets to hit the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T said:
How off topic?!

I think these will activate BEFORE a car passes through. I highly doubt they'd allow those jets to hit the car.

Better than those stupid back prodders ;D

I dunno, I hope they get you personally - front row queue will be shorter and I will be in it!

Ben. said:
So how long till that mist makes its way into those screens and kills a few panels ;)

For the forum's sake I hope it isn't long.

I think it's fairly obvious that the Inoculator won't spray directly onto riders. I would imagine that they'll "pulse" as they are doing there, and the train will pass through in between one of the pulses. Either that, or the water will constantly spray for 5-10 seconds prior to the train, then turn off just before it passes.

What happened to TT's latest exclusive claiming that we'd see testing yesterday? Testing the sprinklers doesn't count.

This has been a torrid construction, but now with the marketing heating up (quite brilliantly), The Sanctuary being opened last year, all the bits starting to test, THANKFULLY beginning to ramp up the sinister edges to this again (got a bit too frilly for me at one point this did) - I personally will miss this experience when it opens.

I don't think we will get a ride or theme like this again for a good while.

What it rides like I hope we all get to find out someday ha-ha, but SW7 has to be one of the most followed, most intriguing, and at times definitely most entertaining coaster builds of all time.

Novas said:
What happened to TT's latest exclusive claiming that we'd see testing yesterday? Testing the sprinklers doesn't count.

I thought that was what they were claiming? No one said the trains would be whizzing around yesterday, just minor technical test such as getting the special effects up and running and testing electrical systems.

The Alton Towers Guide have reported that the first lift hill chain is going in:

936227_557456690952180_1916098831_n.jpg

There is also a video which shows The Tickler testing.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.