• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

JB1985 said:
Tom said:
Calm down everyone, it's only MIST.... :X

yes but awesome looking mist it is

What I mean is, the water content is not significant. People are mentioning pain and a need for water catchment - these are no fire hoses...

Tom said:
JB1985 said:
Tom said:

What I mean is, the water content is not significant. People are mentioning pain and a need for water catchment - these are no fire hoses...

I think they mean the innoculator

Plastic Person said:
I can't believe the park have constructed a device to fire what is clearly simply a harmless mist to create the illusion of a toxic gas. Typical Merlin.

Is that sarcasm? We need a sarcasm smiley, quick! If it wasn't...

What were you expecting? Laughing gas? Mustard gas? Phencyclidine?

Even if the budget was extended, you were never getting ANY better than theatrical smoke machines. Even disney wouldn't have exceeded that. :twirly:

JB1985 said:
Tom said:
JB1985 said:
Tom said:

Yeah that's still just a fine spray/mist.

Tom said:
JB1985 said:
Tom said:
JB1985 said:
Tom said:

Yeah that's still just a fine spray/mist.

we shall see, looks water jet like to me.....although its irrelevant anyway as it will stop before the train comes near

No, the Innoculator is clearly high pressure jets. They look good, but if they hit you while you are moving at speed they will be very unpleasant.

So how long till that mist makes its way into those screens and kills a few panels ;)

It's a small amount of water but under high pressure, giving a quite a pointed jet effect, but the amount of water being released isn't comparable to a water jet. Mist will be suspended in the air for some time so if they are activated before the train passes through you'll just get a brief feeling of damp really.

Ben. said:
So how long till that mist makes its way into those screens and kills a few panels ;)

The LED board design is waterproof, it's commonly used on advertising boards and large concert screens.

Tom said:
It's a small amount of water but under high pressure, giving a quite a pointed jet effect, but the amount of water being released isn't comparable to a water jet.

I would wager on it releasing at the least a gallon of water each time the three needles go off. It is a considerable amount of water and would more than dampen the rider. It would soak them and probably give them a pressure blister ;D

mrvardermier123 said:
Tom said:
It's a small amount of water but under high pressure, giving a quite a pointed jet effect, but the amount of water being released isn't comparable to a water jet.

I would wager on it releasing at the least a gallon of water each time the three needles go off. It is a considerable amount of water and would more than dampen the rider. It would soak them and probably give them a pressure blister ;D

You mean to say a park that is that conscious and afraid of H&S they felt the need to erect a shoddy looking piece of scaffolding to protect its guests from nothing would knowingly build something that could actually cause serious harm?

I don't think they would :)

I think this debate has gone beyond reasonable sense now. It's all about water droplet size, and I've seen them for myself. There will be no agonising pain and no accumulations of water requiring animals to pair up and board a wooden ship.

LiamC said:
mrvardermier123 said:
Tom said:

You mean to say a park that is that conscious and afraid of H&S they felt the need to erect a shoddy looking piece of scaffolding to protect its guests from nothing would knowingly build something that could actually cause serious harm?

I don't think they would :)

Forgive me, but that makes zero sense to me.

Edit: I don't think you were addressing me, sorry.

Water and roller coasters don't mix. Riding the Ultimate in the rain confirmed this belief for me a long time ago.

Ahhh, you see this here: ;D, was intended to indicate the jesting nature of the last part of the comment.

It would be mad to think this would be a reality, pressure blisters? lol.

However, the jets could provide a level of discomfort inline with Nemesis in bad weather. And if that is the situation for EVERY ride, that, like DiogoJ42 has pointed out, would seriously effect the ability or desire to re-ride.

mrvardermier123 said:
Ahhh, you see this here: ;D, was intended to indicate the jesting nature of the last part of the comment.

It would be mad to think this would be a reality, pressure blisters? lol.

However, the jets could provide a level of discomfort inline with Nemesis in bad weather. And if that is the situation for EVERY ride, that, like DiogoJ42 has pointed out, would seriously effect the ability or desire to re-ride.

The size of the water droplets you get from virtually any type of rain are much larger than what this produces. It's primarily the size of the water droplet that determines the impact force again your skin.

I hope it hits you and I hope it hurts. I don't like rides because they're comfy, I like them because they're not! It's like The Ultimate and BPB's Wild Mouse. The pain makes it good!

Christ, I need help.

:D

The mist is not all going to conveniently flow in the right direction before it evaporates: it's mist. I think it looks fine softly smoking away. It gives the impression the gas is leaking out and is generally around - it doesn't have to be a big thick layer of the stuff.

This really just needs to open before we get deeper into a H&S centred debate about the size of droplets.

Oh dear... who thought water could cause so much debate!

It's quite obvious this will not directly hit you as you ride it. It's all about messing with your mind. You will go quickly through that section of the ride, seeing these fast moving jets of water right in front of you. Jets go off just as you pass under them, you still get wet, job done!

That amount of water hitting you directly would soak you. So I think it's clear it's designed to be an effect that messes with your senses a bit.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.