• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

They're all told to scream, so I can't hate her for that. It wouldn't make good tv if they just had someone sit there not saying much, so it's become the done thing to have someone giddy and excitable ride it and make a lot of noise.

She's more bearable than they usually are.

This just looks incredible. This must be the most excited I've ever been for a ride! :twirly:

Just...... wow.

It looks bloody quick too! Seriously fast! Can't decide if it will really be that quick or if they just have 'quick' wheels on for testing. Either way, it's a good sign and just looks simply stunning.

Posted on Towers Twitter, this image was taken on Tuesday from the time lapse camera:

BJ7mTiMCcAABn2Z.jpg:large

NOM!

Mmmmm, can't wait to see what the whole construction will look like through time-lapse! (I say can't wait because I assume Towers will release a video at some point...)

Scott said:
Mmmmm, can't wait to see what the whole construction will look like through time-lapse! (I say can't wait because I assume Towers will release a video at some point...)

This! They'd better release it, and I will be bitterly disappointed if I don't see myself in it! ;)

Some interior shots from the above video:

16f29dfcc4944c03bcd7f86.png

3YEu6FK.png

It's looking pretty much like the game, so we might be seeing rainbow stairs! :p

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

I'm liking the station wall. "You belong to The Smiler"!

Few things: Presenter, clearly genuine, the look on her face over the airtime hill HAHAHA!! That looks BRUTAL!

The speed! It has NEMESIS like pacing all the way through the ride!! It also felt like a long enough coaster, half way through it! Then you start again, it's like sticking two ferocious compact Gersts together.

The noise... (apart from the screech, which is clearly normal) - she has a roar! And those lift hills don't half look high, and the speed it gains on those really quite small drops before they invert, again, that is something I've only really experienced on Nemesis.

Who knows what it will ride like (apart from those who have lol), but POVs usually make stuff seem quite boring comparatively, where as this just looks insane!

Mr John "I only designed the track" Wardley was determined to leave his mark on the global coaster map.

Scott said:

It won't look all that good I don't imagine; I don't think they chose a great place to put the camera as it only focuses on the centre of the site.

TheMan said:
Mr John "I only designed the track" Wardley was determined to leave his mark on the global coaster map.

There's no way he's getting to play this one down! ;)

"So Nick, what do you want to be when you get older?"

"Journalist."

"And why is that?"

"errm... it's an interesting job that pays well."

"Oh, so it's not that you get to be one of the first riders on roller coasters?"

"Of course not..."

The last time i heard wheel making that noise it was after a wheel change on a machine where i used to work.
It stopped when the wheels were run in. and we speeded this up by bypassing the speed limiter on that section on the machine and running it in over speed condition during the night shift (maintenance only) for a couple of nights.

So i wonder if the wheel need running in or they could be that the trains have testing wheels that Chocolate starfish commented on fitted.

Smiler is finally listed on RCDB as the ride with the most inversions on their records page! :D

Apparently Keith Workman and John Wardley were the first two people to ride The Smiler after the train went round with the Gerstlauer Engineer and the testing engineer yesterday morning.
When the train came back into the station, Wardley told my mate that the ride was far smoother than he had ever dared to hope, and the transitions from one inversion to the next were perfect.

Looks like we've got a hell of a good ride to look forward to.

He said he's next there on Monday and Tuesday. Does anyone know if he stays at the Alton Hotel when he's there?

TheMan said:
Few things: Presenter, clearly genuine, the look on her face over the airtime hill HAHAHA!! That looks BRUTAL!

The speed! It has NEMESIS like pacing all the way through the ride!! It also felt like a long enough coaster, half way through it! Then you start again, it's like sticking two ferocious compact Gersts together.

The noise... (apart from the screech, which is clearly normal) - she has a roar! And those lift hills don't half look high, and the speed it gains on those really quite small drops before they invert, again, that is something I've only really experienced on Nemesis.

Who knows what it will ride like (apart from those who have lol), but POVs usually make stuff seem quite boring comparatively, where as this just looks insane!

Dave said:
Please continue all discussion based on The Smiler construction and ride speculation here.

:)
it appears that the secret element is dissapointing, we knew all along that the ride would have 14 inversions, that sucks. :'(

bartlettmike707 said:
He said he's next there on Monday and Tuesday. Does anyone know if he stays at the Alton Hotel when he's there?

Yes he does indeed..... Usually can be found in ATH sat in the dragon bar!!! As long as he's not busy and your polite he is quite open to a brief coaster chat with his fans!!!!!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.