• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Marketing discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [SW7] Marketing discussion

Ok so what has clearly happened is in error and he has prematurely put this video on his personal vimeo.
I should imagine neither Alton Towers nor the marketing company are going to be too thrilled with this prospect, its not damaging by a long shot, just obviously not been released at the right time.

I sincerely doubt a professional marketing company expect to encounter phone calls from enthusiasts about the video.

I am speaking this from my own point of view, it would be rather damaging from an enthusiast point of view to go hounding the agency. Please lets use a little constraint, I realise it has been a very exciting evening with seemingly the name confirmed and sourcing a promo video.
Lets just be happy and leave it there, and not interfere with companies where we shouldn't.

If you are desperate to get some answer on it why not tweet Alton Towers tomorrow? I wouldnt expect much as an answer but its going in the right direction.

The video has been removed. My guess is it is a real advert and he had too remove it so people wouldnt be able too see it. Thats only my guess.

Sorry too Sam for arguing with you!

Well we should all feel privileged that we got to see a future bit of viral marketing so early! :p

Josh said:
Well we should all feel privileged that we got to see a future bit of viral marketing so early! :p

Haha. Yeah we should seeing as it must be a legitimate video or else the guy wouldn't of deleted it.

That poor marketing guy has seriously underestimated the obsessiveness of the theme park community. :p

I bet he didn't think anyone would bother watching it, apart from a few corporate clients. Any other ad, that'd be true. Whoops!

[SW7] Marketing discussion

Well done everybody, that's it now there's nothing to be revealed for another month haha.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

ScreenShot2013-01-20at233244_zpsb0d03441.png

Well at least some genius has uploaded it too YouTube.

Haha. Poor guy, at least we can still watch this epic video though.

Youtube link

I'm wondering about the end text

"Find us on Facebook to discover the truth. #GetCorrected".

So, I take it there's going to be an official Facebook page soon, called 'Get Corrected'.
I mean an official one, not a very bad fanboy page, with terrible grammar and spelling.

Hmmm, it's a good video, but I'm not sure if it's a finished advert or not.

Could just be an initial pitch to Alton Towers or an early concept to spark more ideas for a more polished advert in the future.

The reason I think this is the end of the video - "find us on facebook to discover the truth #getcorrected"

There's no link to a facebook page, no mention of Alton Towers and just the hashtag. It's a bit of a mix of a sentence.

Either way, it's creepy as hell!

I think it's more likely to be a MOJ channel, rather than just "get corrected", based on the captions at the bottom.

Dar said:
I think it's more likely to be a MOJ channel, rather than just "get corrected", based on the captions at the bottom.

More likely to be someone trying to expose the MOJ considering they're telling people to discover the truth.

That video is fantastic!! Reason for using DSLR is obvious to me, the video isn't meant to look as polished as a full on broadcast camera.

That is no fan made video. I don't believe it is a finished edit, the text to me seems mock up/test.

Either way, I hope AT aren't too annoyed that it's leaked a bit - it's kind of in the spirit of the "experiments" being leaked anyway, very easy to get around.

This spinning though, must be an inversion record somehow!

More applause to AT though, and the teams involved, on creating a fantastic campaign so far, full of intrigue and sinister echoes of mystery.

I think the wrong posters were put up. I believe that video was leaked by mistake. Regardless, I doubt it will be too big an issue if that is the case.

All campaigns have slip ups, it happens when you use so many different factions to get the work done on a national level, no biggie as far as I am concerned really.

When you put it that way...yes.

Put it this way...I think it's safe to say any slip up thus far has only caused positive reactions! I bet AT are absolutely BUZZING with how well this is all going down.

It looks official enough - but I like the idea that someone has suggested it might just be part of a pitch.

Of course, as it has now been removed, this pitch might well have been chosen but I doubt that the video itself is a direct representation of any advertising we may see. Everything points to it being official - but it might only be official in a preliminary sense.

It'll be interesting to see if elements from the video have made it into the ride's marketing though.

Massive cock-up if they have released those posters too early. I guess I'll resign myself to "The Smiler" then. I just hope that they see sense and remove "the" from the title - it's not too late!

auntiiimartiii said:
When you put it that way...yes.

Put it this way...I think it's safe to say any slip up thus far has only caused positive reactions! I bet AT are absolutely BUZZING with how well this is all going down.

800th Post - just sayin ;D

It has yeah, what is more because it seems to have been "discovered" as opposed to "managed" it has probably invoked more excitement and surprise. And why shouldn't we as enthusiasts get a few sneak peeks like this anyway? It also shows once again, how diligent some people are, if indeed it wasn't supposed to be discovered... I do wonder I have to say. Making the same mistake with the video twice? Seems a bit strange to me that!

Also, to mark this landmark post, allow me to supply you with a musical tribute to "The Smiler" and all these associated discoveries today!!

(If you have no idea what the video is, watch it, you'll find out why!)

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

A toast to Alton Towers on an amazing, creative, and most importantly FUN campaign so far.

Well done.

Enjoy! ;D

I have to say that the knot in the snow looks gorgeous. I simply cannot wait to ride it - even if it's late. :p

Jonathan said:
I have to say that the knot in the snow looks gorgeous. I simply cannot wait to ride it - even if it's late. :p

I know this is strictly speaking the marketing topic, but just to add to that picture, if they duel through there? That is going to be something else.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.