• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Toilet Topic

Well to be fair. Before they looked like 80s service station public loos.
Any way they may theme the cubicles themselves. The ones in towers street are.

Great news, nice to have a changing room for those with needs.

We're incredibly excited to announce our new #ChangingPlaces facilities, opening with the Theme Park on 25th March! https://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/blog/all-new-changing-places-at-alton-towers-resort/ …
C6ktudQU0AEY50l.jpg:large

About time, I take an ex client with toilet "issues" to parks all the time, nice to see we will have somewhere proper to sort him out when required in future.
Let's just hope the facility isn't abused, the facility in my local 'spoons is often misused by "courting couples".
Such a polite euphemism, not like me at all.

Now i have had time to have a good look.
The changing bed is height adjustable. The host has full room movement. The sink gives a good area for water and is adjustable.
Good room fabric, (that from the photos and 360 view on FB) looks to be up to clinical standard for a treatment room.

These changing areas are a massively great addition to the park. And are really well implemented.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Very impressed with that. they are right; Not every disability is visible, like me- I'm disabled, but don't look it.
Top marks for that!

Disable toilets are more than just toilets,

They are larger not just to accommodate wheelchairs, but also to accommodate both a disable person and a carer.
They can be used to change a colostomy/stoma bag
Administer/inject medication with dignity
Fully grown disable sometimes need a adult nappy change and the carer often have to resort to changing them on the floor. So a changing bed will benefit those in need of one.

Let's just hope the facility isn't abused, the facility in my local 'spoons is often misused by "courting couples".

I should imagine that these will be fitted with a radar key to stop the misuse, especially if they contain expensive hoist, it's important that not only that these room are kept available for when needed, but also the less people use them, the cleaner they will stay in-between servicing by the Alton Cleaning staff. It is important that disable toilets are never abused and kept clean as possible so that disable people with medical needs can carry out any of the above that I listed in clean conditions.

I appreciate how frustrating it must be for disable folk with hidden disability, it can be even more for those with limited access due to mobility problems having to access facilities to only find that they can't.

The only toilets at the resort that my wife's wheelchair can fit into is the ones in CBeebies. Despite additional toilets being put into the area a few years ago, we still find a queue of non disable folk queuing up to get in despite the fact there are non disable toilets around the corner.

The other frustrating thing that we come across is that where there is no radar key, people will quickly jump ahead of my wife and I just as we are about to enter the disable toilets. We also take a little longer than the usual person due to my wife's medical condition and where there is no radar key, we lose count how many times people try and get into a disable toilet. It's a completely different story where there is a radar key involved.

It will be nice for my wife to also have access to toilets in other areas of the park.

The only issues I have is there were 2 disabled toilets there. now there is only 1, and from looking at the 360 photo its not a radar key.

It is good to hear that they are key access. I wonder if they would mind me sticking my head around the door for a quick look. ( I do hold a radar key for my disable mum, and my own urinary system medical issue.)

They are listed as Changing Place and Space to Change facility on the website, what's the difference betwwen the 2?

Changing Places areas are very big, Space to Change rooms are smaller (designed slightly differently to accommodate for the limited space). Both have the same facilities, just different size rooms.

I fully welcome both changing places, but I feel that the disabled guess would benefit having at least one either in FV or next to duel, just so we don't have to traps across the park to get to one.

I think we could also do with one more central like in Mutiny Bay, I know that they have one in the medical centre, but even that I found to be a bit on the small size. Maybe something for the park to consider over the next closed season.

To a majority of the guest, these changing rooms will mean nothing, but to a few of the disable that need them, they will make a very big difference :)

Well Towers blog post states these facilities have been installed due to guest feedback/demand. So if those same guests left feedback the following year suggesting more of these facilities in different areas of the park, Towers may follow that feedback.

People tend to leave comments for things like this on the general feedback tablets or surveys sent to emails.

It's has nothing to do with success, it's just down to basic needs of those with medical condition that a lot of healthy guest take for granted.

My wife is not allowed to hold on (as instructed by the hospital) when she gets the call of nature, but yet imagine that we are in FV when she gets the call of nature and we have to make our way across to a toilet that is large enough for us to fit her wheelchair in only to find that the toilet is either out of order or there is a large queue of mothers and toddlers waiting to use the toilet despite there is plenty of mother and toddlers facilities just around the corner. This happens more than you think.

Also we could do with a decent disable changing room outside by the entrance as well as located by the resort hotels.