• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Toilet Topic

Will just bring this back up to see everybody's opinion from the 2013 season

More importantly... WE CAN DISCUSS THE BRAND NEW TOILETS IN CBeebies Land!

:p

A part of me hopes the toilets in CBeebies Land are themed although I'll take anything as long as it's modern, warm and clean. :p

My 2013 experience of toilets was like every other year. Like stepping through a time portal into the 80s, taps that cannot decide whether they want to dribble or bucket out at me and cold, very very cold toilet blocks.

What about the toilet block that needed a bit of the roof taking off for the Smiler? ;)

As long as they have decent baby changing rooms, separate from the disabled toilets, I went in one the other day, which looked like it had been using as someone's lunch table :/

Ian

IanB said:
As long as they have decent baby changing rooms, separate from the disabled toilets, I went in one the other day, which looked like it had been using as someone's lunch table :/

Ian

Ian, you expect too much! If they can't get a basic urinal right how do you expect a baby change to be good?

I do hope they will have a nice baby change area in Cbeebies though, with the age range it should be essential.

The Airforce units were just as unpleasant towards the end of the season as I'd expected. :( The water from the taps and toilet blocks continued their rivalry in competing to reach the lowest temperature possible, the floors still got very slippery on wet days, and the taps still weren't sure whether they wanted to produce a mere trickle or soak me.

Mind you, when I was at DLP last month I was surprised that most of the toilets there don't have hot water! Are we expecting a bit much from Towers perhaps? :p

Ahh, the taps which get so excited that you're using them that they blast out a years worth of water at you..

I'd like to see the toilets on mutiny bay styley (though, just.. nicer hopefully). But keep the maintenance up, sounds which continue working rather than dying and never being reinstated.

Lol that comment about the taps made me chuckle but yes your right, press it down and your entire crotch area looks like you have wet youself.

You then spend the next half an hour stood then with said crotch area splayed out underneath the hot air drier, which if your not careful can then result in crotch burn.

Haha yes! The taps either do this:

black-and-white-drip-gif-water-Favimcom-367748_zps9ab3703c.gif

or this:

f03b45ece81848e9ab1361b47ed7c491_zpsa80b3b04.gif

There is no inbetween in Alton Towers toilets! ;)

Most of the toilets have tiles on the floor, these are cold and soak up heat especially when wet. also when the tiles get wet due to bad weather or cleaning, become slippery. they could do with installing no slip floor covering over a insulating underlay.

Then insulate the roof space, add Air curtains above the doors to keep heat in. a heater or two would not go amiss in a couple of the toilet blocks.

I wonder if condensing boiler system of the right size, would be affective and efficient enough, to supply hot water and even could be used for heating the building.

I find the thought that Merlin would even think about investing in toilets highly amusing. If they had their way, toilets would consist of a row of buckets in a shipping container, and instead of sinks, there would just be an empty bottle of hand sanitiser taped to the wall.

Heat and light would be provided by occasionally throwing a lit match in to one of the smellier buckets and running.

DiogoJ42 said:
I find the thought that Merlin would even think about investing in toilets highly amusing. If they had their way, toilets would consist of a row of buckets in a shipping container, and instead of sinks, there would just be an empty bottle of hand sanitiser taped to the wall.

Heat and light would be provided by occasionally throwing a lit match in to one of the smellier buckets and running.

Varney: "Urgh....toilets! Where's the return on investment with those?".

CoasterCrazyChris said:
DiogoJ42 said:

Varney: "Urgh....toilets! Where's the return on investment with those?".

Oh god, let's not give them the idea of charging 20p to use the toilets!!

;)

Coming soon: "VIP toilets". £99.90 (plus VAT) for a number one, and a staff member to hold your todger for you. £598.90 (plus VAT) for a number two, and personal arse-wiper.

Isn't it Chessington or Legoland who update one set of toliets each year? It will be down to the individual park if they want to allocate money towards the toliets.

DLP have recently announced that they are updating all of their toliets in the near future.

The toilets at Legoland are fairly decent and so are the ones at Chessington (apart from one block of toilets I went in that had both cubicles out of order and one sink out of order).

Anyway Towers/Merlin really should invest some money into toilets. If they bought in bulk they could refurbish all the toilets (even one or two a closed season) at a fairly cheap price. But they need to do it properly and not on the cheap!

It needs re-tileing, new sinks, toilets, mirrors and cubicles.

ALTON TOWERS HAVE SPENT MONEY ON TOILETS!!

Yes you read that correctly, the Forbidden Valley Skyride station mens toilets have been completely refurbished over closed season, they have new toilets, cubicles, sinks, mirrors and wall tiles (just a shame they didn't do the floor). There is even a little Alton Towers logo in there!

1957965_610826795654435_1205418320_n.jpg

1794593_610826802321101_1474358642_n.jpg

1897906_610826792321102_930300881_n.jpg

I'm not sure if any of the others (or womans) have been done.

Let's be fair, the toilets in Forbidden Valley were absolutely vile, they were worst ones on the whole park.

That looks pretty nice! The graphics on the toilet doors are a nice touch too. They just need to replace that floor!