• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Toilet Topic

delta79 said:
have they fitted heating in there, and a air curtain above the door to keep the heat in ?

Yes! I have a illness which means I can go up to five, six times in a day... It's ruddy cold at Alton this time of year/October/November!!! Haha!

Theres something truly magical about going for a wee during scarefest / fireworks and seeing the steam rise off your pee it's that cold in the toilet blocks.

So, opening day 2014 and everyone heads over to Cbeebies land... Except for the geeks who queue to see the inside of Valley toilets :p

As good as it is that it has finally seen some refurbishment, it is a very sad state of affairs when people get excited over some new toilet cubicle doors.

BigDave said:
So, opening day 2014 and everyone heads over to Cbeebies land... Except for the geeks who queue to see the inside of Valley toilets :p

That would be the right course of action given all everyone would see is construction boards for CBeebies Land ;)

Can see it on the park map and advertising now....

"New for 2014! Ceebeebees land (or however you spell it) and check out our new fantabulous toilet cubicles!"

No complaints though, actually, I've never had complaints about the toilets, usually clean, plenty of loo roll, soap on the dispensers, plenty of them, ok so maybe a bit cold but you ain't in there to sit and have a chat for half an hour. Goodto see they are modernising them.

I also agree. The toilets are not up to standard for a world class theme park. Do you know those little LED displays telling you how long until the next toilet inspection. It's been a very long time coming.

After visiting the park on Sunday I popped into these toilets and it was nice to see warm water but I hardly noticed the update. It's very very minimal to get them to a standard which joe public accepts.

Its the little things that leave an impression... toilets in a mess

I cannot stress this enough. As stupid as it sounds, toilets can make or break an experience. If you paid to eat at a premium, top-quality restaurant, had a lovely meal, great service etc. and then found that the toilets were grimey, outdated and unclean, it would definitely leave a sour taste in your mouth. Whilst Alton's bogs are not as grim as Thorpe's, they definitely need some attention soon to keep them fresh and up to date.

I cannot stress this enough. As stupid as it sounds, toilets can make or break an experience. If you paid to eat at a premium, top-quality restaurant, had a lovely meal, great service etc. and then found that the toilets were grimey, outdated and unclean, it would definitely leave a sour taste in your mouth. Whilst Alton's bogs are not as grim as Thorpe's, they definitely need some attention soon to keep them fresh and up to date.

Am I the only one who doesn't have a major issue with the toilets at AT? Occasionally the floor is wet as it has been raining outside, but that isn't really the cleaners fault. Also there isn't always hot water, but thats a minor pain (more so in the Winter though) really. I've always found all other areas of the toilets clean and working. I don't care that the building itself isn't heated, they are generally in the middle of nowhere.

Has anyone else ever heard the recordings played in the toilets of fake conversation's?

On the entrance bogs yes. They were funny the first time you experience them. Not sure if they use them now.

I have to say, the toilets aren't too bad at Towers I agree.

But the COLD WATER, esp in Dark Forest where it seems it's piped direct from the Arctic circle, WHAT is that about?!

(Didn't go this year so not sure if it's changed).

The way they're closing things at AT right now, they'll probably just dig some holes for you to take a dump in.

I don't really care about heating in toilets, obviously your own in your own home is different, but at a theme park you go in do whatever you need to do, wash your hands then carry on with your day.
I've never had a problem with them, I do think they are kept to a good standard by the cleaners. Just a shame people just love to nit pick on the smallest things.
But hey let's face it British people love a good moan, if you work in retail like myself you will know.

If you work in retail or service then you'll know it's drummed into you to keep toilets clean, fresh and welcoming.

There's a reason for that.

It's the most "personal" part of your experience.

Hugely impractical to keep a place with such footfall to some restaurant standard. But you're taking kids to clean up etc when you're at a family park, some bloody warm water isn't too much to wish for.

I expect theme park toilets to be clean, hard wearing and functional, with perhaps a little bit of theme here and there.

The conversations in the entrance toilets stayed with everyone I know who experienced them as something funny that was talked about.

It's foolish to think families/friends don't discuss this kind of practical stuff. These touches help word of mouth in a positive manner.

STILL the most powerful marketing strategy out there.

...complaining about cold water in bogs.. doesn't everyone take wet wipes and a bottle of hand sanitizer with them?!
:rolleyes:
no need for any water then

...complaining about cold water in bogs.. doesn't everyone take wet wipes and a bottle of hand sanitizer with them?!
:rolleyes:
no need for any water then

Let's just take a potty and some dog crap bags as well then we won't need toilets at all :D

We are talking real basic standards here, warm effing water in toilets.

Not someone to wash my crockery and after spray it with cologne.

I've never have a problem with the cleanness of toilets, they serve their purpose and I often see them being regularly cleaned by staff members.

The only thing I can think off is that some of them do need a makeover like replacing the dripping miss match taps or the push taps that fail to switch off at all and there are some push taps that instantly turn off as soon as you release them which means that you have to wash your hands one handed.. :mad: