• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

thefatone said:
Hasn't broken before? Literally been waiting for ages for H&S approval..

It was never broken, it's that Thorpe made some changes to it so it had to be approved by HSE.

I was going off its short stint in May (below), and assumed it had just broken for some reason ???
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvHUPBKmNvM[/youtube]

That does look pretty cool! Im glad they still seem to be improving the Swarm area.

In other news, I just noticed this on the Thorpe website
STEALTH is currently unavailable... it'll be back in all its awesomeness soon!

Im guessing it could be linked with Rita being closed the other day? They might also be making changes to the paths where you pass under the track.

That fire alone makes me want to return to Thorpe Park! I hope we see some fire on SW7 as well!

On another note, is it just me or are Thorpe Park a lot better at social networking than Alton Towers?

I think they are both about the same, they both seem to post something pretty much every day. Thorpe however tend to plug things alot more, like the rave & ride nights.

Has anyone seen the comments over on fb about the fire effect.

[I dont think thats supposed to happen]
[OMG What Happened?]

There Is No Hope Any More :'(

Mr Oblivion said:
Has anyone seen the comments over on fb about the fire effect.

[I dont think thats supposed to happen]
[OMG What Happened?]

There Is No Hope Any More :'(
How long before they surround it with massive iron railings? ::)

I was at the park on Friday, it was quite busy at the start of the day but it died down later, Stealth was closed all day which disappointing, everything else was working fine.

Although the park isn't looking so much like the "Nations Thrill Capital", The beach is busier than its ever been and the small rides like the Flying Fish, Banana Boat and Carousel have queue's and the park has a lot more families than usual!

Fire is pretty awesome! Here are some shots I took yesterday...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k84d6Ag5cWQ[/youtube]

Thanks for sharing Matt. Might make a trip to Thorpe this week so I can have a look at this new effect :)

How does the fire work, does it go off when the train is near by (like the water), or is it just random?

I think it's as the train goes through the zero-g, so I wonder if you feel any of the heat coming off from it? :)

Im guessing even if it went off when you went past it wouldnt get you? As if there was a technical problem and the fire stayed on you would end up burning all the riders :p

Thorpe Park

Well, of course it wouldn't be at any risk of reaching the riders, but the heat most certainly could, and I imagine it would. Pretty sure that's what Cariba was referring to.

I was at the park for the first time on friday, I was informed that stealth would be closed for the day's it was on it second day of 2 day maintanence so I was a bit dissapointed, it was a very quiet day and the largest queue was 45mins for Swarm in the morning which soon quietened down to 5-10mins which meant RE-RIDES! Samurai was shocking however it felt as if as soon as it got going it stopped it was rather pointless.

I went back saturday morning to ride Stealth but it was still closed and would be the whole day according to the staff so im just waiting to hear if it has re-opened yet before we go again.

Overall, I really enjoyed my day here, its a lot easier on the feet compared to alton but doesnt feel crammed in!

Matt said:
Fire is pretty awesome! Here are some shots I took yesterday...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k84d6Ag5cWQ[/youtube]
Looks a great effect it's only small but it's add's to the ride

Great video Matt and the effect is awesome. It will be stunning during Fright Nights.

I imagine that its frequency of operation will soon reduce though :/

Thorpe Park currently have a offer if you book online and visit before 13th August at only £20 a ticket!! Which is better than any BOGOF/Half price, etc. You also get to print the tickets at home so no need to queue.