• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Ian said:
Heck, the answer is there on a platter for them; the bridge! Stepping off of the mainland and onto an island away from everyday life.

Don't like how they have started filling all the lake in around the side of the bridge though.

Kind of spoils it a bit. Was much better when you were totally surrounded by lake until you got to the dome.

I'm really starting to like their new branding. :D
1510715_10152294077855867_760100391_n.jpg

'An Island Like No Other' is an excellent touch, it should be their new slogan, replacing the boring 'Nation's Thrill Capital'.

Oh wow, now I really love that! An Island Like No Other! It's exactly what I've always wanted them to have! :p

Please please please let this be the direction they're going down to replace The Nation's Thrill Capital!

Had a wonderful day at Thorpe today, everything walk-on with the exception of Colossus which had a ONE HOUR queue for front row as it was only operating one train!

Has the music in X changed? It also seemed to be running with more lights and fog today.

I did not know that John Wardley was going to be there today and it was amazing to finally meet him. However I was unprepared and just sort of rambled incoherently for five minutes while he stood there politely. He is a lot smaller than I imagined.

If I ever meet John Wardley in a theme park I don't know what I'd do. I'd go mental! :p

He was the nicest man in the world. Nobody asked silly questions, it wasn't made out to be some big celebrity event. It was just a really down to earth talk with everybody involved. It was so nice to meet him and I learnt so much.

Met him years ago at the Inferno Premiere Screaming event...

Lovely chap, and had a great chat with my nan waiting for the Spiderman show...

Mothers Day would explain the empty times, wonder how Chessie did...

Also, TPM put a pic of the Shark Hotel, and there's essentially no difference to Crash Pad atm...

So have they bought the crashpad thing they rented last year, are they still renting it and are just slapping a bit of theme/art on it or are they trying to make their own version?

I think I'm right in saying that they've bought they're own this year. I'd imagine that it is very similar to what they had last year though. Still doesn't look overly appealing, they really should try and clad/theme it to hide the fact that it is just a load of shipping containers. At least then it might look half decent.

:)

Wasn't there some rumour that Snoozebox were having some financial difficulties? If so I wouldn't be surprised if Thorpe were able to actually buy the setup for a reduced cost, for an added bit of security should the company go under or anything.

They are totally new units, they were never going to be the most amazing looking things but IMO they look much better than the original Crash Pad did, looking forward to them theming it to a Shark and seeing what they can do, along as the rooms are of decent quality i think it should do quite well for the park and fill the gap till they get their full hotel.

I think they have bought the snoozebox units then added some more they have built themselves, cladding the new ones so they all look the same.

If it's set to open on the 4th I presume we won't being seeing any kind of shark this year then? Thus making the name kinda pointless.

Who needs finished products when you can just get the suckers guests to part with their cash for the busy Easter holidays?