• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

ga2urabu.jpg

Yeah well done thorpe well done

It feels like I'm looking at an art competition's winning entry, sent in by a student who has no concept of a collage or how a shark's body is shaped whatsoever.

Looks gorgeous.

Who would think back in 2008 that Merlin Studios would be able to get to this point and create such a marvellous wonder of theatrical brilliance.

Truly beautiful!

If you didn't already know that was supposed to look like a shark then there's no way you could tell what it's supposed to be. How can they build that and actually think it's worthy of what is supposed to be a premium theme park?!

Think that might be the worst theme park image I've ever seen. Compare this to the North Korean park thread and shake your head at the similarities.

The nice thing about Thorpe Park is when your feeling depressed at Alton towers after visiting European Parks, Thorpe comes along and reminds you that it could be worse.

Hate to use the 'It's not even finished yet' argument, but....

It's not even finished yet.

There's a lot more to be added; more cladding, coaster-track-ribs, teeth, lighting, etc. It's not even half-finished I'd wager.

I've always liked the look of the shark, being my favourite of the three concepts the park showed on FB. Looking forward to the final result!

I agree with Rowe, it looks like someone had a great idea for an art installation but it isn't quite working out how they wanted!

Although it's not finished I can see this ending up like one of my 'art' projects, where I start adding random stuff or covering the entire thing in glitter in a desperate attempt to bring the piece together.

It doesn't really matter if it's finished or not, it looks naff. A shark made out of rubbish left in the service yards isn't good theming, it's lazy theming. It doesn't even look very "shark-shaped"!

Coupled with the rubbish looking "hotel" and this is something I would expect to see at Pleasurewood Hills. This can't have cost much and it looks horrible.

One night in this "hotel" on the 20th May, without entry, costs £69. The same night in the Big Blue Hotel at Pleasure Beach Blackpool costs £60. There's no value here, it's just blatant money grabbing.

JoshC. said:
Hate to use the 'It's not even finished yet' argument, but....

It's not even finished yet.

There's a lot more to be added; more cladding, coaster-track-ribs, teeth, lighting, etc. It's not even half-finished I'd wager.

I've always liked the look of the shark, being my favourite of the three concepts the park showed on FB. Looking forward to the final result!

I don't buy this at all.

It's trashy. The whole complex is trashy.

Why does anybody settle for this cheap dross?

It's not just the shark though, it's the prison camp behind it. I'm sure the rooms themselves are pleasant enough but accommodation designed for festivals is not really the standard a theme park should be looking at.

Even decent cladding would have helped.

How very classy from Thorpe.

Even if it's not finished it just looks hilariously awful.

:)